TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Scott Twine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Signed for MK Dons today. A little disappointed with this news, since he appeared to tick all the boxes in the type of attacking midfielder we are after. What’s more disappointing is that he preferred another league one club to us. Does he see MK Dons as being more successful? Or is it case of a better financial package? Very depressing if it was both. If we are not careful, we could end up with the dregs of the free transfers. We need to make a decent signing and soon to give everyone a lift. Otherwise scepticism in our ability to match smaller clubs than ourselves will only intensify. If the club are playing the game of who blinks first, we could well end up with egg on our faces and the season being an unmitigated disaster.
That's a shame, I heard he could string a few passes together.
Should have had this one all tied up
Their manager sold the club to him. Were we ever interested? Not sure but it wouldn’t be a good sign if MK are a better prospect than us.
of all the names linked, we will probably sign say one in 20 max. maybe even 1 in 100. Its open season for agents to get their players out there and empty time for football journos to fill columns.
And now we know who this year's James Henry is.
£300k looks a really good investment now. 22 years of age and a goal every other game. Will probably be playing in the Championship next season regardless of the play off results. Can see why Cowley was interested just wish we had the ability to drive home these kind of signings.
when mentioning possible players, it would be very helpful to know if they have a family and where they live. For many players moving their kids and missus are big factors.
If only we adapted the "buy low,sell high" transfer policy a year ago, hopefully other clubs haven't cottoned on to this type of strategy
I don't think we could have done much more than we did to try and get Twine. Geography was apparenty the key factor in his choice.   That, and maybe the thought that he would have to compete with Jacobs and Curtis for his place in the team.
(30-04-2022, 04:07 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]If only we adapted the "buy low,sell high" transfer policy a year ago, hopefully other clubs haven't cottoned on to this type of strategy

We did it a long time ago, were doing pretty well, then spent relatively big on Harness, Marquis and Harrison and seemed to go backward from there really.
Just seen that James Norwood is a available on a free.Ipswich had an option on an extra year but not taking up. Very good strike rate but 31. Someone will snap him up quick I'm sure.
I guess it must give some reassurance that DC has an eye for a player even if the club is not the draw it once was.
Ipswich are presumably hitting the same issue we did about an extension includes an automatic pay rise. Im trying to recall how many seasons since they got relegated, as after three years you have to face the reduced budget limitation that makes the league so weighted in favour of those relegated from the Champ.
(30-04-2022, 04:11 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think we could have done much more than we did to try and get Twine. Geography was apparenty the key factor in his choice.   That, and maybe the thought that he would have to compete with Jacobs and Curtis for his place in the team.

Does n't look like geography played much of a part 12 months later.
(30-04-2022, 07:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Ipswich are presumably hitting the same issue we did about an extension includes an automatic pay rise. Im trying to recall how many seasons since they got relegated, as after three years you have to face the reduced budget limitation that makes the league so weighted in favour of those relegated from the Champ.

Hammie This will be their 4th season in Div 1.  I read they have sold over 16000 St's so won't be too cash strapped I would think