TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Naylor to Wigan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe they don't want to go up after all
Lol that’s karma for taking Jack off our hands. 1 good 1 bad.
(10-06-2021, 06:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Lol that’s karma for taking Jack off our hands. 1 good 1 bad.

I think he has consistently been one of our  best players in the past few years, but maybe dropped off a bit last season. 

No, he can't pass but there a few better at breaking up play, and he also provides centre back cover. Also a well respected captain amongst the team.   

We knew he was going  ... apart from anything else he doesn't fit into the Cowley system .... but we shouldn't be slagging him off as he departs.  All those who were up in arms  when jackett left him out of the playoffs seem to be changing their tune.
Scored some crackers too. Will be missed. By the way, that’s 4 or 5 out, who’s in???
still clearing the decks and the wage bill. Actually when you look at the squad left, its not too bad. Assuming that we can bring in a proper central midfield after being light there for several years. Naylor did a good job but would not be good enough in a passing team.
Curtis and Harrison are probably going too.
Which will give us some cash to spend at least.
(10-06-2021, 06:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2021, 06:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Lol that’s karma for taking Jack off our hands. 1 good 1 bad.

I think he has consistently been one of our  best players in the past few years, but maybe dropped off a bit last season. 

No, he can't pass but there a few better at breaking up play, and he also provides centre back cover. Also a well respected captain amongst the team.   

We knew he was going  ... apart from anything else he doesn't fit into the Cowley system .... but we shouldn't be slagging him off as he departs.  All those who were up in arms  when jackett left him out of the playoffs seem to be changing their tune.

Got to agree with this and suspect he will be the one player of those who have moved on that we will miss the most.
I see Naylor as a player who on balance made the team weaker and unbalanced.

He could break up play but was damagingly deficient in other areas of his play and I have to say, leadership.
I won’t slag off players who have left, I’m sure most of them will do a decent job at their new clubs.

I thought Williams was decent and Oxford ha e signed a good player.

Naylor gave his all and us an honest professional.

If we can get a fee for Harrison that would be great, he really can’t hit a barn door. You can’t fault him for effort though.
I think the only player that we can really have a pop at for strutting around and pointing at other people is Marquis.

There is no smoke without fire though - Pitman before him did the same.