TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Portsmouth FC buy Roko
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The continued lack of vision and investment continues.
(16-06-2021, 02:11 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]The continued lack of vision and investment continues.

Sarcasm, I trust.
(16-06-2021, 02:29 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-06-2021, 02:11 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]The continued lack of vision and investment continues.

Sarcasm, I trust.

You trust well
(16-06-2021, 01:54 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.roko.co.uk/blog/important-an...portsmouth

This could be very significant in the long run, very smart move.

I’m sure some of the doomsayers will tell us what a terrible move this is, they will be wrong as per.
Great news maybe they’ll build an ‘indoor’ dome
Surely they will kick roko out and use the building for the players?
Finally, something to get excited about! A big, big piece of the puzzle put in place.
(16-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, something to get excited about! A big, big piece of the puzzle put in place.

Hugely important news. Dont think we've ever owned our own TG. Wow, excellent stuff.
(16-06-2021, 04:17 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-06-2021, 04:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, something to get excited about! A big, big piece of the puzzle put in place.

Hugely important news. Dont think we've ever owned our own TG. Wow, excellent stuff.

To be honest I would much rather read we have signed a decent centreback, 3 midfielders and a striker or 2. I thought we already owned the training ground albeit on a long lease. I dont see what material difference purchasing the freehold will make to the training and conditioning of the players.
Excellent news. Our very own training ground. That genuinely is real progress by the Club. Well done the Eisners.

Owning the freehold means you call the shots in terms of development of the land. It is hugely significant if we want to improve the academy. Any buildings PFC want to erect (ooh err), they now 'only' need planning permission instead of planning & freeholder approval. Freeholder can apply a bunch of restrictions on building on the land, because they own it.
(16-06-2021, 04:39 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]

To be honest I would much rather read we have signed a decent centreback, 3 midfielders and a striker or 2. I thought we already owned the training ground albeit on a long lease. I dont see what material difference purchasing the freehold will make to the training and conditioning of the players.

A lease is what it says on the tin. You dont own it. To buy the freehold means we own it lock stock & barrel. It means we can push ahead with improvements for not just the 1st team but academy pitches as well. With potentially a dome structure in place. Better facilities are key, its where the players spend the majority of their time.
At last some truly excellent news. Does anyone know roughly how big the site is ? And how it compares with other training grounds.
(16-06-2021, 03:58 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Surely they will kick roko out and use the building for the players?

No "Batty Boy" they arn't kicking us Roko members out. 

As another poster said it is the players workplace for 3/4 hours,a day about 4 days,a week . 

Importantly for the club it is an extra lucrative revenue stream from members fees, and all sorts of rental opportunities to local organisations wanting gym,pool and fitness facilities when the players arnt't training. 

Whatever that miserable oaf NSG (northstandgeorge) says this is a huge statement of intent from the owners to secure the long term status of PFC.
mMassive news. Of course we will all start looking at google maps to see if it can eventually link to say rugby camp. The News article also refers to the club quietly buying up land surrounding Fratton Park.
I was a manager for McDonalds a long time ago. As a company they became world leaders in their field by always buying land during recessions when it is cheap, ready to develop sites as funds allow as things pick up again. Does anyone know if the stamp duty window would apply to pompey buying houses too?
So now I'm really wondering just what land has been bought up and what more is being negotiated. Right now landlords of commercial premises are likely to get a lot of unpaid delayed rents as we stagger out of lockdown.
Brick by brick, suddenly could be a whole lot more exciting than it was a week or two ago.
This is good. Shows steady, unflashy intent. Neat….
Definitely an uplifting moment. Something tangible, something positive, something that shows long term thinking, something that I would assume couldn’t have happened under fan ownership.