TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Another one bites the dust (possibly)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jacobs given permission to speak to Ipswich about a move according to The Snooze.

No place for sicknotes in Danny's squad.

Bye Bye Jacobs
(23-06-2021, 01:05 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Jacobs given permission to speak to Ipswich about a move according to The Snooze.

Bye Bye Jacobs

If that's the case, why did we sign Clark Robertson? He's no stranger to the phyiso's room...just ask Rotherham fans.
It's a funny world.
(23-06-2021, 01:06 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-06-2021, 01:05 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Jacobs given permission to speak to Ipswich about a move according to The Snooze.

Bye Bye Jacobs

If that's the case, why did we sign Clark Robertson? He's no stranger to the phyiso's room...just ask Rotherham fans.

I'd rather have a  player who has (hopefully) recovered from  a fractured bone that one who constantly gets groin strains and hamstring injuries. Jacobs was another who was unlikely to be able to play the high instensity Cowley game, however good his passing was.
It's hard to stay positive but you're doing a good job Deep.

Jacobs at times last season was our only competent footballer. There is no way to dress up him going as good for us.
(23-06-2021, 06:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to stay positive but you're doing a good job Deep.

Jacobs at times last season was our only competent footballer. There is no way to dress up him going as good for us.

Not denying he was a good player, but he did not have much impact on our season because he was injued too much. 
He was on a two year contract so we should get a fee for him, which is another positive.  I trust Cowley enough to think he would not be letting him go if he did not have concerns about him, or the confidence that he can replace him. 

But 'only competent footballer' is a ridiculous exaggeration and an insult to several players in the team you are supposed to be supporting.
(23-06-2021, 06:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-06-2021, 06:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to stay positive but you're doing a good job Deep.

Not denying he was a good player, but he did not have much impact on our season because he was injued too much. 
He was on a two year contract so we should get a fee for him, which is another positive.  I trust Cowley enough to think he would not be letting him go if he did not have concerns about him, or the confidence that he can replace him. 

But 'only competent footballer' is a ridiculous exaggeration and an insult to several players in the team you are supposed to be supporting.

I stand by my words. For long, long, long periods there were 11 incompetent hoofers milling around aimlessly every Tuesday and Saturday. You have a short memory Deep.
I'd also presume he is on top wages and the Cowleys think they can get better value? Have they someone lined up already. This might also mean that they are now expecting Curtis to stay?
(23-06-2021, 07:09 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-06-2021, 06:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I stand by my words. For long, long, long periods there were 11 incompetent hoofers milling around aimlessly every Tuesday and Saturday. You have a short memory Deep.

And I stand by mine.

The likes of McGillivray, Johnson, Whatmough, Brown, Curtis (and I'd say Close)  definitely deserve better than 'incompetent' , and the rest I would say were inconsistent rather than incompetent (a list in which I would put Jacobs to be honest), but all quite competent on their day. In other words typical league one performers. 

But teams of 11 incompetent players tend not to be top at Christmas or miss the play-offs by one game.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/incompetent

Definition of incompetent
1a: lacking the qualities needed for effective action
b: unable to function properly
2: not legally qualified
3: inadequate to or unsuitable for a particular purpose

I would say that the definition is bang on, thanks.
(23-06-2021, 10:03 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/incompetent

That sounds like a definition of your argument in this thread to me.
(24-06-2021, 07:09 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-06-2021, 10:03 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/incompetent

That sounds like a definition of your argument in this thread to me.

Lol Touche
Bolton to Plymouth’ :-)
Those players are not physically or mentally strong enough, fcuk the lot of them off
Good to see another duffer shown the exit. Good to know if we want to break down Plymouth to hit them down the left flank.