TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Shaun Williams on the way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ain't he the bloke that played Barry in Eastenders, didn't even realise he had played for Millwall. Wonder what role he will play.
Murdered by Janine, if memory serves
I've seen many premier players raised from the dead (once they get the free kick)
Williams signing on a 1 year deal now confirmed on the OS.
A good signing. A 1 yr contract , he brings experience ( on the pitch and in the dressing room) and leadership. Well done DC
He loves being a false full-back too. False no.9s, false full-backs;what is the game coming to?
And with middle initials of PFC he was destined for Fratton. What doesn't Wikipedia know!
I see Jed Wallace is comparing him to Iniesta and Xavi, so sounds more of a Close replacement than a Naylor. 

If we can get Morrell to play alongside him that could be a decent midfield.
It looks like the Ben Thompson saga has raised its head again, apparently it depends on Millwall getting someone in. Williams and Thompson in midfield would a good start. Also the the young Man City keeper is very close to completing a transfer to us.
(26-06-2021, 10:37 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like the Ben Thompson saga has raised its head again, apparently it depends on Millwall getting someone in. Williams and Thompson in midfield would a good start. Also the the young Man City keeper is very close to completing a transfer to us.

Under contract, loves the club, club and fans love him, ain't gonna happen.
All just mind games from the manager to get the players suitably wound up before the return for pre-season.
(26-06-2021, 11:42 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-06-2021, 10:37 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like the Ben Thompson saga has raised its head again, apparently it depends on Millwall getting someone in. Williams and Thompson in midfield would a good start. Also the the young Man City keeper is very close to completing a transfer to us.

Under contract, loves the club, club and fans love him, ain't gonna happen.
All just mind games from the manager to get the players suitably wound up before the return for pre-season.

His contract expires next week
Agree Deep, except his contract has a year to run ( June 2022) plus the Millwall manager has stated he can stay and fight for his place but he’s at least 3rd in line especially as Millwall are looking for another midfielder, so Millwall might cash in on him.
(26-06-2021, 01:28 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Agree Deep, except his contract has a year to run ( June 2022) plus the Millwall manager has stated he can stay and fight for his place but he’s at least 3rd in line especially as Millwall are looking for another midfielder, so Millwall might cash in on him.

According to reports last month his contract expires this summer.  Perhaps the club have an option for a further year like we had with McGillivray.

Transfermarkt.co.uk (hardly reliable) still shows June 30 2021, but others suggest longer. More of a problem is likely to be that he is reportedly on 6.5k per week, and I can't see us matching that.
Thommo is the one that got away. I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the rumours to circulate again Lol

It would give us a ready-made holding midfield. Don’t they call that synergy in Tornante’s world? Pairing him with Williams would give us a headstart on our rivals.

Yeh wages would be an issue. Pompey could be creative and top up the difference with a performance bonus for promotion.
Getting back to Williams, a Millwall supporting workmate reckons he’s brilliant. They call him the wizard.
is it maybe time that we moved on from Thompson?
Never!  Big Grin He was our little ray of sunshine
(26-06-2021, 04:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Thommo is the one that got away. I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the rumours to circulate again Lol

I hope you take Thompson from us (just seeing if this rumour has legs on here).

He's a bottom level Championship player and was largely one of our weakest links when he started last season, and lost possession way too much, makes pointless runs forward and slips over too much. Was like playing with ten men whenever he was on the pitch. Fans have started to realise that he isn't as good as we first thought as well.

His level is probably top League One/bottom Championship. It's clear that Rowett doesn't fancy him either.

As for Williams, he will be okay at League One I guess, age seemed to catch up with him last year whenever he made an appearance at Championship level. Calm on the ball, and can pick a pass if not put under pressure.