TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Havant friendly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two weeks today. Wonder how close to first choice team we'll have?
New keeper on Monday 19yr old from Man City has 3 caps for ROI..who'll start him or Bass?
We've already got a pretty good defence and front line. Not a lot of back up as yet of course. 14 days is a long time in the football transfer market especially as fewer teams are left involved in the euros and various people return to training and shift their own focus back to the bread and butter stuff.
Strongest XI currently looking as: 4132. Id expect it to look nothing like that in a couple of weeks though.

.....................Chelsea
Johnson Downing Robertson Brown
..................Williams
.......Harness Jacobs Curtis
..........Harrison Marquis

Bench looking pretty thin: Bass, Raggett, Mnoga, Reeko
regarding the bench, I would think the majority of young loans would arrive later once the rest of their home squad is fixed.
(26-06-2021, 05:06 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Strongest XI currently looking as: 4132. Id expect it to look nothing like that in a couple of weeks though.

.....................Chelsea
Johnson Downing Robertson Brown
..................Williams
.......Harness Jacobs Curtis
..........Harrison Marquis

Bench looking pretty thin: Bass, Raggett, Mnoga, Reeko

Who is Chelsea ?
My mistake, should read Man City. That kid being loaned; was in the news today.
its odd how Downing is suddenly nailed on for first pick ahead of Ragget ?
If he comes in and is as good as his previous CV then we need to know just what kenny disliked about him (among several)
He was Kenny’s scapegoat. Raggett got several chances but Downing didn’t. We still need another CB IMO
Not really sure you can blame jackett for Downing. 

He chased him for months, signed him, made him first choice, and he was total garbage every time he played, culminating in the Coventry fiasco. Dropping him for Burgess sorted the defence out, and after that he was always going to be second choice behind Burgess and when he left behind Whatmough, and neither got injured much. Then every time he got another chance he was poor again.  

Sometimes there is no-one else but the player to blame for playing badly. Similarly if he has sorted himself out enough to play a more active part in the season ahead let's  give the credit for that to the player too.
Nobody came out of the Coventry fiasco with any credit. I must admit Jack and Burgess would've been my first pairing but I would've persevered with Downing in lieu of Raggett, in the case of a back up.
(27-06-2021, 03:46 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody came out of the Coventry fiasco with any credit. I must admit Jack and Burgess would've been my first pairing but I would've persevered with Downing in lieu of Raggett, in the case of a back up.

Downing was in competition with Burgess, than Jack, for the RCB role.  Not sure he has ever played on the left in his career.
Don't really get the whole left footed/right footed thing for CB's it's never been an issue in the past. Personally pick the best 2 CB's. Surely the clue is in Central.
(27-06-2021, 09:49 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Don't really get the whole left footed/right footed thing for CB's it's never been an issue in the past. Personally pick the best 2 CB's. Surely the clue is in Central.

It's not necessarily a right or left footed thing, more a case of which side the player feels more comfortable playing on. Some happily switch between the two (e.g. Raggett), but most have a preference - and more importantly play better for the team on one side or the other.   

It's been that way ever since the back four become fashionable.