TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jefferson Farfan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hear we're definitely signing him this summer, at last.

Joking aside, the Ben Thompson thing is getting ridiculous. What other multiple-year transfer sagas have we endured?  Any good stories from the past? 

We did finally get Basinas, which was totally worth it, honest.
Going back a long way we were always about to sign Bobby Tambling, but never did. He came from Hayling and had a shop in Havant so it was an inevitable expectation.
Just as well we are not signing Jefferson Airplane. (for those over 50.)
should b a decent chance for some sort of song though!
Won't you try Saturday afternoon?
And Messi is now a free agent so no fees involved. Perfect.. just stump up some wages like we did in the good old days of Gaydamak))
Eugene Bopp was another long running saga, eventually taking him on as a triallist but not being allowed to sign him due to a transfer embargo IIRC.
(01-07-2021, 10:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Eugene Bopp was another long running saga, eventually taking him on as a triallist but not being allowed to sign him due to a transfer embargo IIRC.

His brother was an upgrade on him...Be Bop...Deluxe!!
(01-07-2021, 04:06 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2021, 10:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Eugene Bopp was another long running saga, eventually taking him on as a triallist but not being allowed to sign him due to a transfer embargo IIRC.

His brother was an upgrade on him...Be Bop...Deluxe!!

Ah yes Be Bop Deluxe, I particularly liked Sunburst Finish  Smile .
(01-07-2021, 09:51 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]And Messi is now a free agent so no fees involved. Perfect.. just stump up some wages like we did in the good old days of Gaydamak))

Ideal or us. 

He can play off Marquis & Harrison & score a hat trick every game before H.T.

He can live in Arry's old Gaff in Sandbanks only £25M & a stones throw to the beach!
Mo Eisa was a long-running and ultimately boring saga...
Bopp is a 37 year old semi pro now. I reckon it's time
Who was the African front man who was linked with every middling Prem side very year and then we actually signed the bastard? Dyndane?
(01-07-2021, 08:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Who was the African front man who was linked with every middling Prem side very year and then we actually signed the bastard? Dyndane?

Aruna Dindane. I'd long forgotten him.  Sleepy
Not as bad as Mbusema
(02-07-2021, 09:19 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Not as bad as Mbusema

Had forgotten him as well.  Donkey Baird however I'll never forget him.
Or the absolutely useless Scott McGarvey
Double post.
(01-07-2021, 08:46 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bopp is a 37 year old semi pro now. I reckon it's time

I think he retired a few years ago mate.  He played a few games for Basford when my son was there and disappeared from view after he left, although I think he still lives in Nottingham.