TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pack the Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-07-2021, 04:45 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2021, 09:50 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]You are absolutely wrong gaffs.

The original lockdown did save the NHS from be over run. That is a simple fact, forget the actual numbers but something like 2000 people a day were dieing from covid. Improved treatments and increased availability of ventilators bought time while the vaccines were developed. On that score the government got it right.

You could argue the second lockdown was less effective but that would be churlish imho, the next few months may provide more stats to discuss the validity of said lockdown.

As for football, I repeat what iv'e said before, it's not just about the individual, it's about all who are in contact with the crowd. It's about what you might be taking home with you. I fully support anyone with concerns about their partners or childrens welfare.
One for sure I regard as a good friend will not be renewing for the first time in decades, his partner is seriously ill with stage 4 C, would you blame him for playing safe? You have to wonder haw many unvaccinated fans will be packing the pubs prematch then spreading potentially lethal droplets with very verse of the chimes?

It's not just about you, it's about eveyone and until the whole world has been vaccinated the danger will still be lurking.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then Muschi.

This is just one disease amongst many and if we obsess over it we will never live life again.

Thousands of people die every day of many things, especially the elderly and infirm. Flu (which mysteriously seems to have disappeared), still kills many people every year. The figures of deaths caused purely by COVID are questionable to say the very least.

You need to get a bit of perspective.

Life is a risk, always has been, always will be.

Overwhelming the NHS would've lost so many more lives.
Hope none of your family needed help?!
Agreed we can not go on ignoring the economy but we are in a better place to deal with the fall out now that yhe vaccine has taken the hospitalizations down.
(10-07-2021, 11:36 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]

The original lockdown did save the NHS from be over run. That is a simple fact, forget the actual numbers but something like 2000 people a day were dieing from covid. Improved treatments and increased availability of ventilators bought time while the vaccines were developed. On that score the government got it right.

You could argue the second lockdown was less effective but that would be churlish imho, the next few months may provide more stats to discuss the validity of said lockdown.

As for football, I repeat what iv'e said before, it's not just about the individual, it's about all who are in contact with the crowd. It's about what you might be taking home with you. I fully support anyone with concerns about their partners or childrens welfare.
One for sure I regard as a good friend will not be renewing for the first time in decades, his partner is seriously ill with stage 4 C, would you blame him for playing safe? You have to wonder haw many unvaccinated fans will be packing the pubs prematch then spreading potentially lethal droplets with very verse of the chimes?

It's not just about you, it's about eveyone and until the whole world has been vaccinated the danger will still be lurking.

This is just one disease amongst many and if we obsess over it we will never live life again.

Thousands of people die every day of many things, especially the elderly and infirm. Flu (which mysteriously seems to have disappeared), still kills many people every year. The figures of deaths caused purely by COVID are questionable to say the very least.

Agreed we can not go on ignoring the economy but we are in a better place to deal with the fall out now that yhe vaccine has taken the hospitalizations down.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

When the dust has settled on this, far more lives will have been lost to non COVID disorders than the disease itself.

The NHS was never close to being overwhelmed, the overflow hospitals were all but redundant.

It might as well have been overwhelmed though, you couldn’t get a GP appointment for love nor money and thousands of NHS staff were at home not doing anything.

You dismiss the economy as almost inconsequential but without a good economy we won’t be able to afford the NHS.

You seem to have swallowed the fear pill peddled by the mainstream media, try looking a bit deeper and you might see the errors in your argument.

If we had dealt with this in a sane way, there would have been no ‘fallout’ to deal with. As it happens some of my family work in the NHS and one did need urgent care, as she was knocked off her motorbike by an incompetent driver, smashing her leg into lots of pieces. The treatment she received was hampered by the COVID obsession and she was unable to get support from family members as they weren’t allowed into the hospital. 

I know you only mentioned my family to make me feel ashamed of my lack of compassion but hey, it actually demonstrates the main problem. Thousands of people were not diagnosed and/or treated for conditions far more deadly than COVID. Are you saying they don’t count because they were not killed by the virus?

The young were at vanishingly low risk of severe disease or death, yet they have been shafted on every front. Their education, development, career prospects and mental health have been devastated by this and the price will not merely be financial. They will be paying for this for decades to come.

So try actually engaging the grey matter rather than the purely emotional response ffs.
The young... ...have been shafted on every front. Their education, development, career prospects and mental health have been devastated by this and the price will not merely be financial. They will be paying for this for decades to come.

That sounds like a description of what the Tories have been doing for years.
The young... ...have been shafted on every front. Their education
??
Go and see how far too many of them behave in a typical comp and you might think they are actually shafting themselves and their peers.
(11-07-2021, 08:52 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

When the dust has settled on this, far more lives will have been lost to non COVID disorders than the disease itself.

The NHS was never close to being overwhelmed, the overflow hospitals were all but redundant.

It might as well have been overwhelmed though, you couldn’t get a GP appointment for love nor money and thousands of NHS staff were at home not doing anything.

You dismiss the economy as almost inconsequential but without a good economy we won’t be able to afford the NHS.

You seem to have swallowed the fear pill peddled by the mainstream media, try looking a bit deeper and you might see the errors in your argument.

If we had dealt with this in a sane way, there would have been no ‘fallout’ to deal with. As it happens some of my family work in the NHS and one did need urgent care, as she was knocked off her motorbike by an incompetent driver, smashing her leg into lots of pieces. The treatment she received was hampered by the COVID obsession and she was unable to get support from family members as they weren’t allowed into the hospital. 

I know you only mentioned my family to make me feel ashamed of my lack of compassion but hey, it actually demonstrates the main problem. Thousands of people were not diagnosed and/or treated for conditions far more deadly than COVID. Are you saying they don’t count because they were not killed by the virus?

The young were at vanishingly low risk of severe disease or death, yet they have been shafted on every front. Their education, development, career prospects and mental health have been devastated by this and the price will not merely be financial. They will be paying for this for decades to come.

So try actually engaging the grey matter rather than the purely emotional response ffs.
The fact we had a lockdown(s) stopped the NHS being overwhelmed. 
Everything else is now the consequence of that. Be it right or wrong. We, thankfully will never know if the NHS would've been on its arse.
We move on and hope the government makes more right decisions than wrong. You said it, life is a risk.
But please just because someone has a different view to you keep your grey matter slurs for your own shortcomings.
(12-07-2021, 11:32 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2021, 08:52 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

The fact we had a lockdown(s) stopped the NHS being overwhelmed. 
Everything else is now the consequence of that. Be it right or wrong. We, thankfully will never know if the NHS would've been on its arse.
We move on and hope the government makes more right decisions than wrong. You said it, life is a risk.
But please just because someone has a different view to you keep your grey matter slurs for your own shortcomings.

Lockdown had no effect whatsoever. Just look at the graphs. On each occasion we went into lockdown after the peak, so even if it had worked, the Health Service wasn't going to be overwhelmed. Yes, I am qualified to say this.
Full crowds at stadia from 19th July.
>I am qualified to say this. <
How exactly????
On the 'Pack the Park' theme: Are we expecting Pompey to ask for season ticket money up front now or to pay on a match-by-match basis given all season ticket holders can attend for now but the situation might change as we head into winter? My bet is money up front, masks worn when moving around inside, but no proof of neg test or vaccination needed.
(12-07-2021, 03:50 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]>I am qualified to say this. <
How exactly????

I was just thinking that  Smile .
(14-07-2021, 09:36 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]On the 'Pack the Park' theme: Are we expecting Pompey to ask for season ticket money up front now or to pay on a match-by-match basis given all season ticket holders can attend for now but the situation might change as we head into winter? My bet is money up front, masks worn when moving around inside, but no proof of neg test or vaccination needed.

Pay per match would make sense as some might not want to return yet.
I think it will depend on if there are any restrictions on numbers or not , then it’s up to the individual if they chose to go. If they’re STH’s then they unfortunately have a financial choice to make. If those STH’s that don’t want to go maybe one idea would be for them to renew and then’ sell their’ seat back to club( on a match to match basis) for others to use . That way they don’t loose their seat when they choose to come back
Pages: 1 2