TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pack the Park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the PM's announcement today it sounds like there'll be no restrictions at football grounds  Big Grin
we'd better make the most of it for as long as it lasts.
Even the govt stats say the infections are doubling each week and that 1 in 1000 infected will die (as opposed to 1 in 60 before vaccines) not to mention long covid.

Really hoping that the vaccines are the magic bullet but .....
Lockdown was a complete waste of time and achieved nothing. Let's hope that starts to come out now.
I think I'll take professional advice on that if you don't mind. You do know that lockdowns were primarily to help prevent the NHS from being overloaded.
(05-07-2021, 09:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'll take professional advice on that if you don't mind. You do know that lockdowns were primarily to help prevent the NHS from being overloaded.

There are other versions of ‘professional’ advice you could take which don’t drive everyone mad and trash the economy. As for the NHS, it is now reaping the whirlwind of other conditions which were ignored while the powers that be were hypnotised by COVID. Lockdowns are a total waste of time and we can’t afford to continue with this madness.

The virus will always be with us and we have to get on with it.

Let those who want to hide away and waste their lives do so, the rest of us can get on with life and pack the Park.

I can’t fecking wait  Smile .
You are absolutely wrong gaffs.

The original lockdown did save the NHS from be over run. That is a simple fact, forget the actual numbers but something like 2000 people a day were dieing from covid. Improved treatments and increased availability of ventilators bought time while the vaccines were developed. On that score the government got it right.

You could argue the second lockdown was less effective but that would be churlish imho, the next few months may provide more stats to discuss the validity of said lockdown.

As for football, I repeat what iv'e said before, it's not just about the individual, it's about all who are in contact with the crowd. It's about what you might be taking home with you. I fully support anyone with concerns about their partners or childrens welfare.
One for sure I regard as a good friend will not be renewing for the first time in decades, his partner is seriously ill with stage 4 C, would you blame him for playing safe? You have to wonder haw many unvaccinated fans will be packing the pubs prematch then spreading potentially lethal droplets with very verse of the chimes?

It's not just about you, it's about eveyone and until the whole world has been vaccinated the danger will still be lurking.
(05-07-2021, 09:50 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]You are absolutely wrong gaffs.

The original lockdown did save the NHS from be over run. That is a simple fact, forget the actual numbers but something like 2000 people a day were dieing from covid. Improved treatments and increased availability of ventilators bought time while the vaccines were developed. On that score the government got it right.

You could argue the second lockdown was less effective but that would be churlish imho, the next few months may provide more stats to discuss the validity of said lockdown.

As for football, I repeat what iv'e said before, it's not just about the individual, it's about all who are in contact with the crowd. It's about what you might be taking home with you. I fully support anyone with concerns about their partners or childrens welfare.
One for sure I regard as a good friend will not be renewing for the first time in decades, his partner is seriously ill with stage 4 C, would you blame him for playing safe? You have to wonder haw many unvaccinated fans will be packing the pubs prematch then spreading potentially lethal droplets with very verse of the chimes?

It's not just about you, it's about eveyone and until the whole world has been vaccinated the danger will still be lurking.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then Muschi.

This is just one disease amongst many and if we obsess over it we will never live life again.

Thousands of people die every day of many things, especially the elderly and infirm. Flu (which mysteriously seems to have disappeared), still kills many people every year. The figures of deaths caused purely by COVID are questionable to say the very least.

You need to get a bit of perspective.

Life is a risk, always has been, always will be.
I agree with you Mushi, Gaffer you have totally got the wrong attitude.
There is nothing more I would love to do than be at Fratton Park again. I have a terminal lung condition and I do not want to take any risk, to catch Covid and shorten my life expectancy any more than it is already. (and before you pass judgement, I have never been a smoker, or worked with asbestos)
It's not all about you.
Never before have we locked up the healthy to protect the sick. WTF are we doing??
If you're worried about catching Covid even after a vaccine then stay at home.
(06-07-2021, 08:28 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Never before have we locked up the healthy to protect the sick. WTF are we doing??
If you're worried about catching Covid even after a vaccine then stay at home.Agreed

Totally agree
(06-07-2021, 07:19 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with you Mushi, Gaffer you have totally got the wrong attitude.
There is nothing more I would love to do than be at Fratton Park again. I have a terminal lung condition and I do not want to take any risk, to catch Covid and shorten my life expectancy any more than it is already. (and before you pass judgement, I have never been a smoker, or worked with asbestos)
It's not all about you.

Cleaver you’re right it’s not all about me, it’s about all the young people who are having their present and future screwed over for no good reason. They will be paying for this in all sorts of ways long after you and I are gone.

Why would I pass judgement? I don’t care whether you smoked or not, all these things are free choices made by free people. It’s a shame you’ve got a terminal lung condition and I sympathise of course.

I have an autoimmune condition which supposedly makes me more ‘vulnerable’ but I wouldn’t expect others to stop living just to protect me ffs. If I want to isolate I can.

If you are worried about catching COVID, don’t go to FP.

My attitude is that there’s no point in living if you can’t do the things you love doing. I want to live, not exist and if that means I die a bit earlier so be it.

People must make up their own minds and not try to guilt trip others into putting their lives on hold.
I do believe the lockdowns worked,however,I agree with what's happening now,hopefully we're on top of it with more and more people being double vaccinated. We do need to start getting back to normality. I do think that if you are going to a large event (music,sport,cinema whatever) then take a one of the free NHS tests before you go and when you get back,even if just for peace of mind. However, I do think masks on public transport (especially air travel) will be with us for some time yet.
(06-07-2021, 08:58 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I do believe the lockdowns worked,however,I agree with what's happening now,hopefully we're on top of it with more and more people being double vaccinated. We do need  to start getting back to normality. I do think that if you are going to a large event (music,sport,cinema whatever) then take a one of the free NHS tests before you go and when you get back,even if just for peace of mind. However, I do think masks on public transport (especially air travel) will be with us for some time yet.

If you are twice vaccinated that should be enough.

The link between infection and possible (but not very likely) death has been broken.

I certainly won’t be taking any not very accurate tests before or after attending anything. I hope they are going to stop subjecting kids to tests, and unnecessarily disrupting their education when they are at pretty much zero risk as well.

Time to regain our sanity and put fear on the back burner for a change.
‘Walk here, don’t walk there, do this, don’t do that, scan this, queue here, you must wear…..’
I’m bleedin fed up with it. Has to end…..
I’m bleedin fed up with it. Has to end…..
lots of people will never have to worry about it again as they are dead.
Hammie, thanks for that post.
I will soon be dead. I will be up until that time PTID, which wont be that long.
(06-07-2021, 04:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I’m bleedin fed up with it. Has to end…..
lots of people will never have to worry about it again as they are dead.

Very true Hammie, but the vast majority of them will not have died of COVID.

Compassion for people and the abdication of logic are not the same thing.

Most of us have compassion for others and will do what we can to help, but we need a healthy economy and young people that have not been disadvantaged in order to afford the help that millions need. 

The trouble is that the government has purposely scared the population in order to ensure compliance, as is evidenced by the fact that there are ‘behavioural psychologists’ on the SAGE committee. Having frightened so many people it is very difficult to un-frighten them.
(06-07-2021, 04:07 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Hammie, thanks for that post.
I will soon be dead. I will be up until that time PTID, which wont be that long.

Cleaver, I wish you all the best mate, and hope that you have longer left than you think.

I also hope that Danny and the lads can bring you much joy when we get back to playing football.

PUP
(06-07-2021, 08:58 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I do believe the lockdowns worked,however,I agree with what's happening now,hopefully we're on top of it with more and more people being double vaccinated. We do need  to start getting back to normality. I do think that if you are going to a large event (music,sport,cinema whatever) then take a one of the free NHS tests before you go and when you get back,even if just for peace of mind. However, I do think masks on public transport (especially air travel) will be with us for some time yet.

And for the people who cannot have the vaccination?
(06-07-2021, 07:00 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]

And for the people who cannot have the vaccination?

I think we should just keep restrictions until well, like forever. Because that's what some people seem to want us to do. 

When the fook did we turn into a nation of squinnies!
If you can’t have the vaccination then you can only do your best to avoid COVID if possible. If you can have the jab but for some reason think Bill Gates is going to control you etc then you’re a complete din . Once we have over 50% of the population double jabbed then just go for it , lift the restrictions. However I can still see some sort of mask/ ID type thing required for long distance air travel. Personally I’m happy to go back to FP and get some sort of normality going again.
(07-07-2021, 04:37 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If you can’t have the vaccination then you can only do your best to avoid COVID if possible. If you can have the jab but for some reason think Bill Gates is going to control you etc then you’re a complete din . Once we have over 50% of the population double jabbed then just go for it , lift the restrictions. However I can still see some sort of mask/ ID type thing required for long distance air travel. Personally I’m happy to go back to FP and get some sort of normality going again.

Tag, did you read my original post on this subject?

A friend of mine won't be going because his wife can't have the jab, hence he is not willing to put her at risk.
I'm not talking about peoples personal choice just pointing out it's not a simple concept.

Strangely my Brother in law is in exactly the same situation with my sister so I'm pretty intimately aware of two awkward situations. I'm sure there will be many more. e,g, the poster on here with a terminal lung problem.

If find it more than slightly hypocritical how those who were crying their eyes out over Eriksen can ignore the plight of their own so lightly.
"If find it more than slightly hypocritical how those who were crying their eyes out over Eriksen can ignore the plight of their own so lightly".

Only you, and your ridiculous xenophobia, could make any comparison between those unable to have a vaccine shot and a Danish footballer having a cardiac arrest.
with a partner working in the care sector looking after younger (under 50s) patients suffering from long Covid and who has been caring for hospital dischargees with Covid for the last year and more. I would just advise caution.
I'm as happy as anyone to see fans back live in "full stadia"
but the numbers after the Scots came to wembley and fanzones are not good. The other stats are better than they were but still offer poor statistical outcomes if we are going to allow tens of thousands to catch the thing.
(07-07-2021, 06:33 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"If find it more than slightly hypocritical how those who were crying their eyes out over Eriksen can ignore the plight of their own so lightly".

Only you, and your ridiculous xenophobia, could make any comparison between those unable to have a vaccine shot and a Danish footballer having a cardiac arrest.

Only a complete penis could compare a guy who is in good health getting the best care money can buy to two women with stage 4 multiple cancers.

You don't recover from those sort of cancers billy boy.
Pages: 1 2