TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: England v Italy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sunday at 8 p.m.......
(07-07-2021, 10:02 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Sunday at 8 p.m.......

Monday 3am for me
(07-07-2021, 11:13 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Monday 3am for me

5am in Sydney...
(08-07-2021, 01:54 AM)Pompey7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2021, 11:13 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Monday 3am for me

5am in Sydney...

3am for me here in Philippines
Sunday 8pm in Havant
Twelfty twelve round Tufnells house.
Sunday's Ref will be the other Euro 2020 Dutch official Björn Kuipers It will be his 4th game of the Euros but the first match he has had involving the 2 finalists,
A leisurely 4pm in Hamilton. Everywhere is booked out already though!
(08-07-2021, 11:57 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]Twelfty twelve round Tufnells house.

Is Priti Patel your plus one?
Wrong board
I believe the two best teams in this tournament are going to slug out a draw 1-1, extra time and then penalties.  That of course is not taking into account any blunders.  

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and our pace will catch out their experienced ageing centre backs.   Cool
0 - 2. Within moments of the defeat the Downing Street bunting has been taken down, but a super spreading open top bus parade for the first losers is still going ahead.
(11-07-2021, 12:19 PM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the two best teams in this tournament are going to slug out a draw 1-1, extra time and then penalties.  That of course is not taking into account any blunders.  

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and our pace will catch out their experienced ageing centre backs.   Cool

I think the experience of that defence will see Sterling running into wall after wall, block after block and we need to find something other that that to undo them. What about that clustering by the Danes at set-pieces. I bet that will give the Italians something to think about.
Rather than predict the result...how about predicting how many players each team will have at the end of playing time?

I think there will be at least 1 red card...an Italian for a bad foul or two yellows...an Englishman for Italian play acting (cheating!!)   Cool
No surprise to lose on Pens in all honesty. After 45 mins Italy were by far the better team for me, Our young players have joined a long list of English missed penalty takers sadly
great few weeks so thanks for that but I think Mr  Southgate should take a look at himself, from half time in a game we had dominated until then, we played hoof ball with no one capable of holding the ball so it just came straight back. I would have brought Grealish on an hour before he did.

As for the Pens 3 kids taking the vital ones? Strange logic again.

Overall the best team won but I feel we played into their hands.
He got just about everything right.
but bringing on players for pens who had not had a single kick in the game was odd and ultimately cost us. What a shame as this young team did so well.
Still, they are young and next year can go for the world cup instead.
We go again
Shame as never get a better chance than a home tournament which this essentially was.pity GS got things wrong tonight. Too defensive after scoring and bringing on youngsters to take pens. Rashford’s effort was a joke. How bad was Henderson in his spell on the pitch? Ah well... next time...
Choose where you’re going to put it, run up and hit it clean. Don’t piss about like a coont and then fuck it up. Rashford...coont!
Southgate bottled it we were set far to defensive. And where were the senior players to step up, sick of hearing Jordan Henderson is a great man and leader, captain of Liverpool, was taken off because he won’t step up an take one.
With a better manager we could be winning everything with this squad the blokes a cvnt and has been all through the tournament.
(11-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Choose where you’re going to put it, run up and hit it clean. Don’t piss about like a coont and then fuck it up. Rashford...coont!

Totally agree. Shoes indecision to the goalkeeper and lack of self-confidenceif you piss around.
But Rashford is all round hero so we mustn’t criticise!!!
(11-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]Southgate bottled it we were set far to defensive. And where were the senior players to step up, sick of hearing Jordan Henderson is a great man and leader, captain of Liverpool, was taken off because he won’t step up an take one.

TOO defensive.
Where was Sterling and his stupid fuckin grin when it mattered. Had a really poor game and went missing when seasoned pros were needed to take the first 5 pens. Gone right back down in my estimation. Embarrassing you overpaid coont.
Pages: 1 2