TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: So another week passes and..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the Cowleys are finding that off loading players is a lot easier than recruiting quality replacements. A month to go and Pompey are being forced to pack the squad with triallists for their friendlies and in reality most of them will not end up staying at Pompey. Think most would agree this is not ideal preparation for the season coming and with talk of signings happening after the season has started I have an increasingly uncomfortable feeling that Pompey will end up playing catch up in the league.
Thoughts anyone?
Things will start happening after the Euros and that will filter down. I reckon a lot will happen in the next fortnight.
It's pretty threadbare to say the least. But the rebuild is a 2 year job in reality, especially given the competition this year and our reduced budget. Also, it doesn't help that the management won't even let him retain players he wanted to keep.

Still, it's better than having Kenny for another year. Every cloud and all that. I'm not expecting too much this year. Danny isn't a miracle worker.
The trialists are that good,we can't name them
The CX is pushing out the message that Pompey are rebuilding to lower expectations. The picture may change if supporters are allowed back in. The Fratton end will give its own verdict on the Eisners if Pompey are going nowhere in the Autumn. Cowleys will be lucky to survive if home defeats are suffered in front of a passionate home crowd.
Apparently another piece of business has or is close to completion.
Hope its a proper piece of business.
I have to admit I'm a little concerned but as long as the club.isnt in danger.
Kieron Freeman from Swansea. Think we had him on loan a couple of years back
(10-07-2021, 07:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Kieron Freeman from Swansea. Think we had him on loan a couple of years back

Yep, he made 7 appearances back in 2016. He’s 29 and a defender. Another experienced head at the back with Robertson.
(10-07-2021, 07:11 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2021, 07:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Kieron Freeman from Swansea. Think we had him on loan a couple of years back

Yep, he made 7 appearances back in 2016. He’s 29 and a defender. Another experienced head at the back with Robertson.

Looks like he's had a really up and down career, in and out of teams - plenty of transfers/loans.  Doesn't sound like a player who is likely to improve himself, but if he signs hopefully he'll reward the confidence Cowley has shown in him.
Never really made it anywhere. Have to hope this is his moment or another nondescript signing.