TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 2 1 down at Havant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Half time score oops.
2 3 after 56 mins, several trialists playing.
I make it 10 changes at half-time then one of the triallists bangs in 2 goals in a minute.

Whoever he is then seems to be making a good case for getting signed for us!
(10-07-2021, 03:25 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]I make it 10 changes at half-time then one of the triallists bangs in 2 goals in a minute.

Whoever he is then seems to be making a good case for getting signed for us!

hat trick now
HW - 2 Pompey - 5

Gassan Ahadme with the hat-trick and Tunnicliffe and Hackett-Fairchild with the others.
Looks promising.
Madger Gomes also featured apparently.
Video of the Morrocan lad:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/jul...o-on-loan/

A few other of the trialists on show were Ryan Leak, Jake Hesketh and Sam Habergham. 

The latter two were former Lincoln City players when Cowley was at the helm. Imps fans don’t rate Hesketh, but Habergham is very good if you can keep him fit. Had a career ending injury not too long ago, but resurrected his career at Grimsby.
Where's our new loanee Man City goalie though?
Gassan Ahadme looks pretty useful. Good video of his performance against Man U u23's as an 18 yo on Youtube. Looked like a strong player with a good all-round game. Hasn't had much match experience. Could be a nice little steal.
the comments after suggest they are trying to sign the hattrick scorer but are trying to keep it quiet before we get outbid
(10-07-2021, 11:11 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]the comments after suggest they are trying to sign the hattrick scorer but are trying to keep it quiet before we get outbid

Sssssh, Hammie....
(10-07-2021, 08:13 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Where's our new loanee Man City goalie though?

Injured, but according to Cowley it's not serious
Interesting afternoon at West Leigh Park yesterday for Pompey fans. A poor first half from a very strong team but we never looked any better than Havant  and dessrvedly went in 2-1 down. Harness in particular was poor I thought. Marquis and Curtis struggled and made little impression. 

But what struck me was that I expected to see better passing and build-up  not to mention playing ouf from the back. Instead there were too many long balls and general hoof ball. 

With that first hall first team withdrawn we were ledt with a team of young obvioiusly inexperienced triallists and what a revelation they all were. With their pace, strength  Swift passing triangles, pace and power, and they just blew Havant away. The main striker Gassan Ahadme was a revelation with his power and physical strength, and two impressive finishes.
(11-07-2021, 09:37 AM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting afternoon at West Leigh Park yesterday for Pompey fans. A poor first half from a very strong team but we never looked any better than Havant  and dessrvedly went in 2-1 down. Harness in particular was poor I thought. Marquis and Curtis struggled and made little impression. 

But what struck me was that I expected to see better passing and build-up  not to mention playing ouf from the back. Instead there were too many long balls and general hoof ball. 

With that first hall first team withdrawn we were ledt with a team of young obvioiusly inexperienced triallists and what a revelation they all were. With their pace, strength  Swift passing triangles, pace and power, and they just blew Havant away. The main striker Gassan Ahadme was a revelation with his power and physical strength, and two impressive finishes.

Thanks for that interesting evaluation P - although the mention of hoofball sends a shiver down my spine.
Perhaps they're still conditioned by playing Jackettball and need to have their habits broken?
Its the talk of playing out from the back that sends shivers down my spine. All well and good of you're Man City but there's a reason players are playing for a League 1 team
(11-07-2021, 02:41 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Its the talk of playing out from the back that sends shivers down my spine. All well and good of you're Man City but there's a reason players are playing for a League 1 team

It’ll be League 1 defenders against League 1 attackers though Tomsk, it’s not like we will be trying to play it out against Prem players  Smile .

Anyway, good teams mix it up, play it out and go long when the occasion warrants it. It’s not either/or.

I think it’s great that we’ll be looking to play football.