TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The goofy, big nosed coont
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fooked that right up.
Made a bit of a mess tonight sadly tactically. Rashford sancho and Saka certainly know how not to take a penalty!
We were tactically inept for the whole match and should have lost it in normal time.

Penalties are a lottery but having sent the keeper the wrong way Rashford should have scored easily.

How much does he get paid ffs?
Rashford one will be the one that we talk about for the next 20 years before we make another final. You do NOT change your mind
That second half was like the Alemo, why play so deep for so long? As for having two “penalty takers” coming on cold, wtf was that all about.
(12-07-2021, 08:21 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]That second half was like the Alemo, why play so deep for so long? As for having two “penalty takers” coming on cold, wtf was that all about.

Yes it’s a miracle we didn’t lose in normal time.

I think we only had 2 shots on target in the whole match, just not good enough.

It looked like a lower league team playing a prem team in the cup and fighting a desperate rearguard action.

Southgate’s tactics were all wrong and we lost because of them.

Still, mustn’t grumble eh?  Smile
"That second half was like the Alemo, why play so deep for so long? As for having two “penalty takers” coming on cold, wtf was that all about. "

And...They both missed. Would have been tactically perfect if they both scored.
What did Donnarumma have to do all game?
The wait goes on...…...
Anyone else want to punch the next person who sings/whistles/hums Three Lions?
Ha yes. It's definitely had its time now. 16 months without the hype to practise those penalties before Qatar.
(12-07-2021, 12:52 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Ha yes. It's definitely had its time now. 16 months without the hype to practise those penalties before Qatar.
Qatar World Cup should be boycotted. 6,500 foreign worker deaths in constructing the stadiums, only awarded the cup due to blatant bribing of FIFA officials. Australia had a much more plausible bid rejected for the tournament simply because the people running the bid here weren’t up for bribing the corrupt FIFA scum who decided who was going to run the tournament. For a start the weather is much more apt for football here in the Aussie winter than the Arabian summer and worker deaths on stadiums would probably be zero
Apart from the first 30 mins when Southgate's tactics fooled the Italians it was real backs against the wall stuff. As soon as Mancini sussed the system we were playing and countered it Southgate didn't have a Scooby what to do about it.

These stuttering run-up penalties are a joke, a thunderous shot will always win.
(12-07-2021, 02:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2021, 12:52 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Ha yes. It's definitely had its time now. 16 months without the hype to practise those penalties before Qatar.
Qatar World Cup should be boycotted. 6,500 foreign worker deaths in constructing the stadiums, only awarded the cup due to blatant bribing of FIFA officials. Australia had a much more plausible bid rejected for the tournament simply because the people running the bid here weren’t up for bribing the corrupt FIFA scum who decided who was going to run the tournament. For a start the weather is much more apt for football here in the Aussie winter than the Arabian summer and worker deaths on stadiums would probably be zero

Qatar isn’t being played in the Arabian summer, they’ve moved it so the temps will be lower.

As for the bribery, FIFA has been run on bribery and corruption right from the start.

Australia would have made a better venue of course but the way things are going down there you’ll all still be locked up.

I can’t comment on the migrant workers deaths as I haven’t researched it at all, I must have a look and see what the truth is.

The only way a boycott would work is if everyone observed it, and we all know that won’t happen in million years, there are too many vested interests.

Sadly the international game in mired in corruption and it’s difficult to see how that will change.
I don't get the nonsense about Saka being "only 19"

Michael Owen scored that wonder goal against the Argies aged 18 and then took and scored a penalty in the shoot-out.

If a player's good enough then he's old enough to take penalties for his country.
As JFK said ‘Victory has a thousand fathers but defeat is an orphan’
There's no pleasing you lot is there. Wink
At least we won’t see Johnson and the awful Patel donning England shirts and pretending they like footy again……
regarding penalties
When did they change the rule. It used to be a run up with no breaks or pauses clearly laid down in the laws.

Clearly the manager got it wrong about subbing on a special team with no time to even get a touch of the ball and sadly the young players got it big time on line.
(12-07-2021, 03:32 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Qatar isn’t being played in the Arabian summer, they’ve moved it so the temps will be lower.

As for the bribery, FIFA has been run on bribery and corruption right from the start.

Australia would have made a better venue of course but the way things are going down there you’ll all still be locked up.

I can’t comment on the migrant workers deaths as I haven’t researched it at all, I must have a look and see what the truth is.

The only way a boycott would work is if everyone observed it, and we all know that won’t happen in million years, there are too many vested interests.

Sadly the international game in mired in corruption and it’s difficult to see how that will change.

They might not be playing the tournament in the Arabian summer but they sure were building the stadiums in it, not allowing the mainly Indian, Sri Lankan and Nepalese workforce, neglecting to let them have sufficient breaks or water to drink. Most of the deaths occurred due to severe dehydration and heat stroke, the people running the tournament and FIFA are scum who shouldn’t be able to sleep at night but unfortunately being true scum they probably can easily
(12-07-2021, 05:44 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]regarding penalties
When did they change the rule. It used to be a run up with no breaks or pauses clearly laid down in the laws.

Clearly the manager got it wrong about subbing on a special team with no time to even get a touch of the ball and sadly the young players got it big time on line.

"Feinting" in the run up is allowed but not "feinting" to kick the ball. 
Don't like it myself,would rather see a straight forward,well-taken penalty. Surely by feinting doubts will creep in.
(13-07-2021, 12:39 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2021, 03:32 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

They might not be playing the tournament in the Arabian summer but they sure were building the stadiums in it, not allowing the mainly Indian, Sri Lankan and Nepalese workforce, neglecting to let them have sufficient breaks or water to drink. Most of the deaths occurred due to severe dehydration and heat stroke, the people running the tournament and FIFA are scum who shouldn’t be able to sleep at night but unfortunately being true scum they probably can easily

FIFA are corrupt, I thought that was common knowledge.