TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Kieran Freeman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another decent signing...have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by him when he was here before but no doubting he has done very well since.

DC seems to be signing players  comfortable at Championship level and that has to be a good thing
...and another eight or nine to come according to Cowley! I just hope we don't let Gassan Ahadme slip through our fingers.
most importantly for me, signing players who are comfortable playing for sides with large fan base and stadia. Hopefully that should lead to decent home from at least!
(12-07-2021, 06:07 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Another decent signing...have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by him when he was here before but no doubting he has done very well since.

DC seems to be signing players  comfortable at Championship level and that has to be a good thing

Agree Deep, looks like he's done well at SU since  
Only played 7 times for us during 2016 can't remember too much about him.
He got sent off in one game, played averagely in a few others but there was something about him and Chris Wilder obviously got the best out of him because he was pretty much an ever present in the blades side that got promoted.
(13-07-2021, 06:13 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]He got sent off in one game, played averagely in a few others but there was something about him and Chris Wilder obviously got the best out of him because he was pretty much an ever present in the blades side that got promoted.

Yes, He was sent off in the last game of the season v Northampton, so he was banned for the 2 playoff games v Plymouth.
(13-07-2021, 06:13 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]He got sent off in one game, played averagely in a few others but there was something about him and Chris Wilder obviously got the best out of him because he was pretty much an ever present in the blades side that got promoted.

To think that we could have had Wilder as manager.

One of the worst decisions in the history of the club, with the benefit of hindsight of course.
(13-07-2021, 08:29 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

One of the worst decisions in the history of the club, with the benefit of hindsight of course.

Yes  I've often thought that.
Oh good, another player whose name people have difficulty with it's Kieron . Right Vowels Matter!

After reading Barry Fry's article yesterday on how they out bid us for Szmodics , which he reckons was one of the reasons they got promoted, it's a bit disappointing to see we are picking up free's and trialists for 95% of our transfers. I'm not saying we should break the bank but maybe we're guilty of paying to high wages for mediocre players instead of using that money to purchase players.
Been reading Clarke is off to sheff utd, I wonder how much of a sell on clause we put in, hopefully we will be given the money for players

Thank you for the information Theyak2
(13-07-2021, 09:39 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Been reading Clarke is off to sheff utd, I wonder how much of a sell on clause we put in, hopefully we will be given the money for players

Can't see them paying more than Brighton did, so unlikely to be anything in it for us
(13-07-2021, 08:45 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-07-2021, 08:29 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes  I've often thought that.

Wilder was manager of Northampton that day - the season they went up. He went to Sheffield United a few days later where he signed Freeman!
Wilder was linked with us in 2013 when he was at Oxford. We chose Barker, then Awfs. Wilder then went to Northampton indeed. In his 2nd season with the Cobblers despite financial problems they won the league amassing 99 points. 21 more than Pompey. One of my friends is an exiled West Brom fan. He cannot believe Wilder didn't get their job, despite being strongly linked with it and allegedly wanting the job. Politics between 2 Owners he tells me put a stop to it. He'll be back for sure.
(13-07-2021, 09:39 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Been reading Clarke is off to sheff utd, I wonder how much of a sell on clause we put in, hopefully we will be given the money for players

Matt has signed for West Brom on loan, no windfall sadly