TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Academy morons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am saddened that our academy players have done this.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57833838
PFC hopefully will find out who they were and terminate any contracts they have immediately.

We should not have this at our club.
Sadly, players don't realise that taking the knee has political tendencies
It's an insidious way to undermine our democracy.

I do understand that they feel it is only a stand against racism, which I fully support, but there are other ways to do this.
Taking the knee IMO should stop.
(14-07-2021, 09:57 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]I am saddened that our academy players have done this.
PFC hopefully will find out who they were and terminate any contracts they have immediately.

I wouldn't have thought this will take long.. I didn't realise we had any academy payers left!
(14-07-2021, 09:57 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]I am saddened that our academy players have done this.

Without seeing the actual posts it’s impossible to comment with any degree of authority.

Always best to see the outcome of any investigation before calling for termination of contracts and the like.

Knee jerk responses are never advisable.
(14-07-2021, 10:32 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Without seeing the actual posts it’s impossible to comment with any degree of authority.

Always best to see the outcome of any investigation before calling for termination of contracts and the like.

Knee jerk responses are never advisable.

Agree with you Exgaffer.

Agree with gaffer on this.
Instead of immediately calling for youngsters to be stripped of their dreams why don’t you find out what’s actually happened first it’s supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

Couldn’t wait to post it and sit up in your ivory tower could you.
The post also make reference to eliminating all forms of abuse and discrimination.

So that's the word scummer banned from FP I assume?

Where does the line get draw?
A copy of the alleged communication has now been leaked online and can be found here. Albeit the offensive language has been redacted:

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/07/14...h-players/

The main culprits are ‘Archie’, ‘Kristian’ and ‘Dan’. Don’t know who Archie is but there is a Kristian Dawson on the academy books and we have two Dan’s too...Gifford and Cadman. Whichever one it is, I hope they are made an example of and have their contracts terminated. There should and must be zero tolerance for racism in this day and age.
Wow just seen the content! Wherever the line gets drawn a couple of these lads have gone over by some way.
It's going to be very difficult to talk their way out of this
TBF they’ve fucked up big style and will get binned. However, on a rehabilitation front this is going to stick with these kids for decades. Thank goodness social media wasn’t around when I was a nipper or in the Navy.
Yeah, give Marcus Rashford a little stick online about his screwed up penalty, but these racist comments are vile and disgusting. If it was not for our black or mixed race players, England would be a third rate football team, much like North Macedonia, San Marino or Scotland. I hope ( and they will) chuck these idiots out of the club. Throughout the leagues and around Europe,Portsmouth FC and its supporters are seen my many to have class (not if you live within the SO postcode obvs), these bellends do not.
Not the brightest bunch are they texting stuff like that they should know there’s a grass around every corner nowadays.
Agree, that looks nasty by anyone's standard and whoever they are, why did they think they'd get away with posting stuff like that?  I think you can add dumb to the list.
The fansonline emotional support pony is going to be popular for a while.
I don’t know about grasses! Taken at face value, I am saddened that youngsters in this day and age could have the mindset to produce that conversation. To actually do so on social media confirms that they are not the brightest bulbs in the box! What is the right course of action? Sacking them is easy and probably correct but that will not change their mindset. Educating them in the error of their ways should be a priority but given what was posted may be of little use. All a tad depressing.
Odd to see the use of an old club badge. Just reinforces how stupid they are - or is something else going on here?
I can’t believe anyone could be that stupid especially in today’s world.
Tufnell can you give the emotional support pony back we’ve had a lot of requests.
Oh and clean his bum before you do.
(14-07-2021, 04:29 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know about grasses!

I do there are people who’s whole whole life it is to find this stuff and report it it’s what they live for and these young lads should have known that they’re really thick.
Some people learn the hard way, and no doubt they will - with a bit of national attention thrown in too. I'm sure we've all done things we regret in the past, and suffered for it. And, as others have said, but for the grace of God that social media was not around when we were younger.
(14-07-2021, 10:22 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't have thought this will take long.. I didn't realise we had any academy payers left!

Cleaver. I'm saddened too.   As for the Academy 17-year-old Harry Jewitt-White, who made two Papa John’s Trophy appearances last season, and 16-year-old Izzy Kaba, were involved in last weekend’s friendly against the Hawks, they are highly thought of.
What sort of environment are those kids in, to think what they said was acceptable?

Hopefully they get binned as soon as the club can confirm identities. Don't want that sort of person anywhere near a Pompey shirt, however old they are.

The culprits and their parents will need to have a long think about what's happened here. I'm just lost for words about what was written.
Murderers, robbers, drug dealers and nonces have one advantage over those that utter racist comments nowadays. They serve a term inside and get a chance at rehabilitation, in today’s rule book a racist is never forgiven. When the mob gets lathered up they are not happy until they see someone destroyed totally. Need to take the emotion out of these things and realise that as bad as it is, the response is kind of disproportionate. Education works better than persecution every day of the week. Let he who is perfect cast the first stone.
(14-07-2021, 07:15 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Let he who is perfect cast the first stone.

Big Grin. Sorry Smirf but that quote always makes me think of Life of Brian. "Right, who threw that?! Who was it? There's always one, isn't there..."
He is not the messiah!
(15-07-2021, 06:35 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]He is not the messiah!

‘He’s a very naughty boy’   Wink
Pages: 1 2 3