TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Strange decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gosport friendly cancelled over "duty of care"?
(17-07-2021, 07:36 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Gosport friendly cancelled over "duty of care"?

Yes, very disappointing this one.

It’s a pretty poor effort if we can’t put out a decent 11 against a friendly local club like Gosport.

‘Duty of care’? Wtf has that got to do with it?
Beg to disagree. These are extremely serious (i.e. criminal) allegations and the academy needs a root-and-branch investigation. The squad is paper-thin so it is understandable if they could not put out a competitive side without academy players. 
The club have apologised to Gosport and promised to re-arrange the fixture. I'm sure they will keep their word - unless the club feels differently now that Gosport have spat out their dummy over the postponement.
I'm sure they will rearrange it, hopefully they will do their very best to send a stronger side than originally planned, anything to help out a local club that have been very supportive of Pompey for years now.
(17-07-2021, 10:53 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Beg to disagree. These are extremely serious (i.e. criminal) allegations and the academy needs a root-and-branch investigation. The squad is paper-thin so it is understandable if they could not put out a competitive side without academy players. 
The club have apologised to Gosport and promised to re-arrange the fixture. I'm sure they will keep their word - unless the club feels differently now that Gosport have spat out their dummy over the postponement.

So what are you saying? That ALL the Academy players are cast into the wilderness forever? WALOB.

We are talking about WORDS here ffs and, while they were certainly ill advised, young people cannot be forever punished for youthful indiscretions. 

I take it you’ve got your flaming torch and pitchfork ready ffs.
The club does seem to be in a strange place with confusing messages about what we hope to achieve this season. Some of this maybe be beyond the Cowleys control but we start season on August 7 and then play 6 matches in 21 days. No clear sign yet of who will be in the squad and what kind of formation we will have. Time is running out fast and we need players and match practice. If we are not prepared it could be a long August for us fans.
I'm honoured.
One 'WALOB' and two 'ffs' from exgaffer! Is this a record?
(17-07-2021, 02:17 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm honoured.

I can do more if you like  Smile .
(17-07-2021, 03:07 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-07-2021, 02:17 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm honoured.

I can do more if you like  Smile .

Well, you can have a single, but robust, LOL from me...
Call me thick but why couldn't the first xi play the game given the fact Fridays game was called off?

Could they not have easily moved the gosport game to Friday evening and hopped on the coach odown, or just played on the date arranged. Kill two birds with one stone?
(17-07-2021, 05:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Call me thick but why couldn't the first xi play the game gioven the fact Fridays game was called off?

Could they not have easily moved the gosport  game to Friday evening and hopped on the coach down, or just played on the date arranged. Kill two birds with one stone?

I'm sure the Cowleys did the right thing by having a game at St Georges Park Friday involving our 1st team squad and trialists when Palace pulled out.  Pompey are playing Bristol City on Tuesday behind closed doors so if the Gosport game had gone ahead it was always going to be our youngsters.
Seems sensible to me to keep them out of the spotlight until the matter has been fully investigated and dealt with.
I was surprised to see Palace had a friendly today away at Walsall. No wonder they cancelled their kick about with us. Surprised we even arranged it with them in the first place given they had a commitment at another club. We do seem to be fucking things up on a larger scale than usual this closed season.
I don't think saying it's just words is right. What was said, if proved, would result in immediate dismissal from almost every job and even criminal prosecution - see CPS guidance on the matter. Assuming there were many academy players on that group it would seem prudent to work out who was guilty and who was not before allowing them to play in front of a crowd.
When they ding out these youngsters can they ding out the grass as well I don’t want cvnts like that at the club either.
Yes, that's all for the best isn't it, keep silent while criminal activity is going on. At what point do you think being a whistleblower is ok in any organisation? When is it ok and not ok to ignore wrongdoing.

What I do agree with is that if someone in that group had concerns then the first thing they should have done is go to the management with it. But then no one knows how the information about the chat got into the public domain.
(19-07-2021, 09:54 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think saying it's just words is right. What was said, if proved, would result in immediate dismissal from almost every job and even criminal prosecution - see CPS guidance on the matter. Assuming there were many academy players on that group it would seem prudent to work out who was guilty and who was not before allowing them to play in front of a crowd.

‘See CPS guidance’.

Oh well, that settles it then.

The law is an ass, ‘CPS guidance’ is the ass of that ass.

They prosecute for trivial offences to ‘send a message’, meanwhile letting off all the real fecking criminals.
If the alternative is hang em high exgaff in charge, I think we're better off as we are.
(20-07-2021, 08:11 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's all for the best isn't it, keep silent while criminal activity is going on. At what point do you think being a whistleblower is ok in any organisation? When is it ok and not ok to ignore wrongdoing.

What I do agree with is that if someone in that group had concerns then the first thing they should have done is go to the management with it. But then no one knows how the information about the chat got into the public domain.

Steady, teeftwo, if you mess with Elmer Fudd you can expect some serious abuse - usually about being smelly, piss stains, dribble and in-growing toenails.

He can be really mean and the girls in Year-5 all avoid him. 

You have been warned!!
(20-07-2021, 04:51 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Expect some serious abuse about being smelly, piss stains, dribble

Looks like I touched a nerve.