TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pingdemic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the football season kick off on time?
(24-07-2021, 12:40 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Will the football season kick off on time?

With these clowns in charge anything can happen ffs.

‘Piss up’ and ‘brewery’ spring to mind.
hmmm... words fail me.
It's a bit of a worry that half the people admitted to hospital have had 2 jabs. Would be interested to know if this is due to underlying conditions, age, vaccination wearing off (because they had it over 6 months ago), or a combo of these.

It's looking like maybe just maybe the daily rate of infection has plateaued around 40k a day.
watching sky news earlier today. They were doing the rounds of countries with problems with Covid. Double jab and the Delta variant seems to still be an issue.
With a friendly being called off already, it does feel like we should expect matches to be called off on a regular basis as the season progresses.
It amazes me why someone would download a Government sponsored app,that can track their movements every minute of the day, and then tell them to take 10 days off work, (possibly un-paid), because they may have been in contact with someone who just happened to be in the same building, (but not at the same time as them). It's also most likely both parties have had at least 1 if not 2 vaccinations, which begs the question, WTF is going on?
(25-07-2021, 08:07 PM)suffolkpompey Wrote: [ -> ]It amazes me why someone would download a Government sponsored app,that can track their movements every minute of the day, and then tell them to take 10 days off work, (possibly un-paid), because they may have been in contact with someone who just happened to be in the same building, (but not at the same time as them). It's also most likely both parties have had at least 1 if not 2 vaccinations, which begs the question, WTF is going on?

Wtf is going on indeed Suffolk?

The app has now become little more than a skivers and panickers charter, with people hoping they get pinged so they don’t have to work. They still want to get paid of course.

Anybody with any sense will delete the app and get back to living their life, it’s all got beyond a joke now and the country can’t afford to continue with this shitshow.
I got contacted by track & trace last week. I don't have the app of course, assuming it was the passenger info form when I came back from Ibiza. They rang me loads of times, eventually I answered and said I refuse to go along with their bullshit. They then phoned me back and said I had tested positive for Covid 19 even though I had a negative lateral flow test taken before the return flight and hadn't taken a test since. They said it was in their records and I had to self isolate. So their track & trace system is a total load of bollocks recording people as positive who haven't even taken a test or who have had a negative result.

As you can imagine I explained what a crock of shit it was and that I would not be participating in this form of abuse of citizens. Heard nothing since btw.
(26-07-2021, 08:38 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I got contacted by track & trace last week. I don't have the app of course, assuming it was the passenger info form when I came back from Ibiza. They rang me loads of times, eventually I answered and said I refuse to go along with their bullshit. They then phoned me back and said I had tested positive for Covid 19 even though I had a negative lateral flow test taken before the return flight and hadn't taken a test since. They said it was in their records and I had to self isolate. So their track & trace system is a total load of bollocks recording people as positive who haven't even taken a test or who have had a negative result.

As you can imagine I explained what a crock of shit it was and that I would not be participating in this form of abuse of citizens. Heard nothing since btw.

Excellent Jizbag, we need as few more people refusing to go along with this absolute madness.

Apart from everything else it’s costing us a bloody fortune.

Covid is not even in the top 20 causes of death in the UK and infections are going down (not that numbers of infections should be the driving factor), time to ditch the masks and stop acting like a bunch of tarts.
I just hope we put as much effort into stopping the spread of flu which in a normal year kills 35,000 and could be double that this year. All those over 50 will be offered a flu jab so should they be asked to prove they've had that as well before being allowed in to Fratton Park?
(26-07-2021, 09:32 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]I just hope we put as much effort into stopping the spread of flu which in a normal year kills 35,000 and could be double that this year. All those over 50 will be offered a flu jabConfusedhould they be asked to prove they've had that as well before being allowed in to Fratton Park?

Good point staying up, I’ve just had notification that my annual flu jab will be administered soon, along with a THIRD Covid jab. I’m starting to feel like a fecking pin cushion  Smile .

So will the new qualification be 3 Covid jabs and a flu jab ffs?
thing is with the flu jab it rarely kills those who are otherwise fit and we all have some immunity built into our systems over years and decades.
Eventually we will build up some immunity to Covid but it will take a while.