TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team prediction v Fleetwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is what I reckon based on the friendlies and available options.
The Raggett/Robertson, Williams/Tunnicliffe partnerships are pretty much nailed on.
Brown now has competition so Ogilvie might get the nod. And although Cowley has played Bass more, I think he will go with Bazunu.
Ahadme will play behind Marquis so it might at times look more like 442 than the preferred 4-2-3-1. 
Have I missed anything?

Bazunu
 Johnson   Raggett   Robertson   Brown
              Williams     Tunnicliffe 
        Ahadme     Jacobs           Curtis
                        Marquis
Looks pretty good to me
Harness for Jacobs I reckon and I think the rest is right. Harness to play on the right with Ahadme in the middle just behind Marquis ( or maybe vice versa ?)
(05-08-2021, 10:48 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Harness for Jacobs I reckon and I think the rest is right. Harness to play on the right with Ahadme in the middle just behind Marquis ( or maybe vice versa ?)

Yes, had trouble fitting Harness in but couldn't leave a player like Jacobs out. Trouble is Jacobs is left-sided where we are already quite strong but if we are going for energy over creativity against a hard-working Fleetwood side, that would work. 
Nice to have that kind of option from the bench.
Bass
Johnson Downing Robertson Brown
Harness Williams Tunnicliffe Jacobs
Ahadme Curtis

Ahadme was saying he plays best with a partner so ive gone 442. I would not want Raggett anywhere near the first XI if it can be avoided. Not sure how Ogilvie and Freeman fit in just yet but would like to see them challenge.
Any striker who can't score a single preseason goal doesn't earn a starting place in my book.

Has Bazunu even played a game for us yet?
Probably but Ahadme behind Marquis or Hirst not on the left
Bazunu
Freeman Raggett Robertson Brown
Williams Tunnicliffe
Harness Ahadme Curtis
Marquis
Subs: Bass, Ogilvie, Johnson, Jacobs, RH-F, Hirst ,Harrison ( or Downing if fit)

I think when Downing is match fit he'll replace Raggett or someone else when we get a better CB than both of them. Robertson is nailed on. Being as Ogilvie can also play CB I reckon he'll be on the bench but I do see him taking over from Brown.
(05-08-2021, 12:20 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Bass
Johnson Downing Robertson  Brown
Harness Williams Tunnicliffe Jacobs             
                  Ahadme Curtis

Ahadme was saying he plays best with a partner so ive gone 442. I would not want Raggett anywhere near the first XI if it can be avoided. Not sure how Ogilvie and Freeman fit in just yet but would like to see them challenge.
Any striker who can't score a single preseason goal doesn't earn a starting place in my book.

Has Bazunu even played a game for us yet?
The partnership between Marquis and Ahadme has been one of  the highlights of pre-season games so why would you want to break it up. Marquis has created lots of Ahadme's goals.

Got a feeling that Cowley might prefer Freeman to Johnson at right back but we'll see.

And yes, Bazunu has played a game and got rave reviews.
looks ok and actually a pretty strong first eleven after all the angst.
Jacobs is still being eased back in I think.
The 1st keeper might still be up for grabs but can't see Man City lending a young player and see him on the bench too often.
Last season I think Harness had his best spell at Pompey playing the no.10 role. Like to see him start there again.
It's funny how Downing has now become more acceptable than Raggett. Remember many comparisons of his mobility with a fridge. Personally think they are both carp and the sooner we get another good defender to go alongside Robertson the better. Might be good to see Ogilvie tried there
other teams fans really often say how they hate playing against Raggett.
and he is a real threat at set pieces up the other end
Well Jacobs wont be in the squad,he's over at Ipswich discussing details and a possible medical.
ah that would be the mention in the snooze about still needing to sell to make room in the budget to buy a central mid and attacking player. Would imagine Harrision will be at Oxford by tomorrow too.
We had £300K plus 'substantial' personal terms on the table for Stockley - money still unspent - so it would have to be a heck of a signing to have to add that to any fee we get for Jacobs. Plus that would effectively shut the door on Curtis leaving. 
Personally, if we had the option, I would rather let the inconsistent Curtis go and take a chance on Jacobs injury having cleared up as he offers more creativity to the whole team.
So you'd rather have an injury prone Jacobs instead of Curtis who is hardly injured or indeed inconsistent????
Jacobs worth about 350k
Curtis worth 2M
going to be a busy day today methinks, as soom as one out, a bit like Villa we will have 100 million to spend immediately. odd to think that even 100 million pennies is still a million squid
(06-08-2021, 11:02 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]So you'd rather have an injury prone Jacobs instead of Curtis who is hardly injured or indeed inconsistent????
Jacobs worth about 350k
Curtis worth 2M

Okay, so on the one hand you have a player who is injury-prone (although clearing a medical today may prove he is over that) and on the other one who is, IMO, VERY inconsistent and, I would add, emotionally petulant.
One player offers a gamut of abilities in terms of play distribution, link-ups, crossing, tackling and ball retention. The other is a one/two-trick pony. 
Yes, I rate Curtis highly but only within those narrow confines of his contribution to our team when he isn't going AWOL because he's sulking about something.
And if (big IF) Curtis fetches £2m I would love to see how Danny Cowley would use that pot.
Looks like Jacobs is leaving anyway. Seems we have no creative midfielders in the club and only 2 central all told. Threadbare comes to mind. Time for the Cowleys to get a move on. Unimpressive.
Personally I’ve been disappointed in Jacobs, even when fit I expected more. I’m very happy with our signings so far and I feel we need 4 more especially a CB and at least 2 midfielders. I’m also hoping Harrison fecks off.
Although I wasn’t overly impressed I thought we were going for Harvey White from spuds
not sure he ever played enough on the trot to be considered up to speed and match fit
What's the chances that if we get rid of Jacob's wages we could go for Ben Thompson? Or should that dream be finally put to bed?
Curtis has scored 14 goals a season from the wing. How is that inconsistent?
Bass, Freeman, Raggett, Robertson, Brown, Williams, Tunnicliffe, Harness, Ahadme, Curtis, Marqus.

Subs: Bazunu, Mnoga, Johnson, Ogilvie, Hirst, Hacket-Fairchild, Jewitt-White

Jacobs is off then
Williams already injured so no midfield today.
Pages: 1 2