TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bass
Freeman, Raggett, Robertson, Brown
Williams, Tunnicliffe
Ahadme, Harness, Curtis
Marquis

Subs
Bazunu, Johnson, Ogilvie, Mnoga, Jewitt-White, Harrison, Hirst, Hackett-Fairchild
17 year old Jewitt-White on the bench!
That just shows how lacking we are in midfield!
Jacobs looks on his way to Ipswich which will free up cash for an experienced midfielder.

But, if Jewitt-White is deemed good enough give him 20 minutes from the bench to give him more experience.

He is a home grown player who deserves a chance.
One of our two centre mids injured in the warm up and withdrawn. You couldn't make it up. What odds on a straight red card in the first 10 minutes for the other one?
FFS how do we manage it?
It rather smacks of incompetence at the club to start the season with only 2 midfielders. And DC was only saying this week he couldn't see any reason why the 2 of them can't play all the games... well they didn't even manage to start game one together... hmmm...
Lol and so it begins!

Any idea who it was?
Williams
Shame. Hope its nothing long term. Massive blow that but it wouldn't be pompey without the drama
Escape with a point today and hopefully he'll be fit for next week plus a couple of new faces with any luck.
Apparently the Jacobs cash will be used to bring in BT either a transfer or loan fees, (I don't normally make assumptions but a good friend of mine who rarely gets it wrong reckons this is on the cards).
The injury to Shaun Williams really shows how bereft of players we are. I'm expecting at least a couple of signings next week.
Raggett is off to a good start.
That's at least something more encouraging. Any news what happened to Williams?
Disturbing that we can't string passes together yet and keep giving it away (Robertson and Tunnicliffe). Really not got going. Still looking for this high tempo game we have been promised. TBF a soaking wet Fleetwood pitch isn't the best place to judge.
Just have to scrape into half time at 0-0 and regroup. Seems like we are getting battered
No sign of Marquis or Harness contributing but again, under the cosh away from home makes it hard for wingers/ lone strikers to make any impact.
Ipswich losing at home to the mighty morecambe lol

Wigan beating Sunderland
Where's Harrison not even on the bench? Injured yet again or in a straight swop with Messi?!!!
Underwhelming
Seddon scores for Oxford, Eisa off the mark for mk dons. We've been around this league so long, we know about almost all the talent out there. Shame we don't have the budget this year.
(07-08-2021, 02:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Where's Harrison not even on the bench? Injured yet again or in a straight swop with Messi?!!!

Much as I'd like the latter I'm afraid is much more mundane. Covid.
Hoofball is alive and well
The only player that looks any good from our new boys is Ahadme.
Robertson is getting slaughtered by their boy Josh Morris, but mainly because Brown keeps getting caught upfield
Our midfield (Tunnicliffe and Ogilvie) looks totally lost, consequently there is no service for any of our front runners.
Curtis looks like he did last season, petulant but has the odd good spell, so no Cowley influence apparent yet!

Half-time team talk needs to be a real bollocking if we are to get anything from this one.
OK, so the squad is not properly in place yet (it should be!!) and we lost one of our only 2 midfielders pre kick-off leading to a left back making his debut in centre midfield (shambolic) but even so I expected some sign of Cowley influence / high tempo / better football. Not the most uplifting 45 mins ever.
1-0 Pompey Brown PUP.
Pages: 1 2