TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-08-2021, 04:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point of  being negative about something you know is going to change ?

Negative? Only if you interpret it that way.

It was only an opinion. Literally says as much. Isn't that what this board is for?

Have you unilaterally decided that the squad is not allowed to be scrutinised until the window shuts?

Bluetag thinks maybe we might need another CB. Is that alright with you Deep or should he wind his neck in and shut up because it upsets you?
(12-08-2021, 06:07 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2021, 04:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]What's the point of  being negative about something you know is going to change ?

Negative? Only if you interpret it that way.

It was only an opinion. Literally says as much. Isn't that what this board is for?

Have you unilaterally decided that the squad is not allowed to be scrutinised until the window shuts?

Bluetag thinks maybe we might need another CB. Is that alright with you Deep or should he wind his neck in and shut up because it upsets you?

I think we need another centre back and another striker as a minimum, and that's before anyone else leaves like Harrison and Curtis, who would both also need replacing if they leave.  I fully expect all those signings to happen because DC has shown himself to be very effective at signing what we need, and if he struggles we have loan slots still open so that is why I think any talk that the squad will not be strong enough to be premature at best.
I don't think we need another striker as we already have four and will most likely only play one. A third goalkeeper is definitely required, and perhaps a creative midfielder. Then we'd just need to replace what we lose.
We could probably get away without a fourth centre back as we have cover there with Ogilvie, Haji and Johnson, but if someone better than Raggett or Downing is available and fits into the budget we should look to sign them.
Pages: 1 2