TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Singing West ham songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That will have been the first away game for a lot of people over a year and rather than screaming themselves hoarse for the team, they would rather sing a fooking West Ham song to try and get a rise from the opposition supporters.

Pathetic
I also cringed at this
At the friendly two weeks ago against Peterborough there were constant renditions of the anti-scummer song. Why the h€ll don't JPFCW et al concentrate on singing pro-Portsmouth songs rather than worry about down the road lot or anyone else. I think there was only one rendition of PUP.
its annoyed me for years that whenever our team is struggling we seem to go for the anti songs rather than getting behind the team most when they most need it. In the fratton end, several times the younger crowd tried to get something going only to be instantly drummed out of it.
(11-08-2021, 12:50 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]That will have been the first away game for a lot of people over a year and rather than screaming themselves hoarse for the team, they would rather sing a fooking West Ham song to try and get a rise from the opposition supporters.

Pathetic

It was funny - though suggesting Millwall is a small town in West Ham displays a very poor lack of London geography!!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pompey away for the first time in 18 months. A great atmosphere created by 2,000 away fans in a gate of around 7,000. (Incidentally Millwall have, as yet, only sold around 7,000 season tickets).

And the reason that the anti-scummer songs are so popular is that everyone joins in. 

Heard one or two chants I hadn't heard for a while though I suspect "Pee-Orts-Muff" will never again see the light of day. Sad.