TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Attendance ?!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
'for a virus not much more lethal than the flu' 

Are there seriously still people peddling that misinformation ? You just discredited every argument you have made by such a stupid comment. 

WHO figures are 4.37m worldwide from Covid (in 18 months) versus 650k annually for the flu.
(16-08-2021, 04:54 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]'for a virus not much more lethal than the flu' 

Are there seriously still people peddling that misinformation ? You just discredited every argument you have made by such a stupid comment. 

WHO figures are 4.37m worldwide from Covid (in 18 months) versus 650k annually for the flu.

With covid not from. From is a tiny fraction of this figure. Just as from covid in this country is a fraction of the 130,000 quoted with figure.
(16-08-2021, 04:54 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]'for a virus not much more lethal than the flu' 

Except that. according to ONS figures. flu and pneumonia are currently responsible for 10 times the number of deaths attributed to COVID (which currently accounts for 0.8% of all deaths). This is in the UK of course but that’s where most on here live  Smile .

Not quite the Black Death eh Deep?
pneumonia is often the finishing touch from various illnesses.
as regards covid deaths falling off, that might just have something to do with out very successful vaccine roll out. If we continue to increase % coverage we should have a less locked down winter but its not clearcut as yet.
Not seeing this dystopian nightmare from enforced vaccinations for Hep B to work in hands-on health services. Makes sense to be protected and protect others; social responsibility springs to mind. Happy for any govt to enforce it in exceptional circumstances tbh.
Let's face it - the majority of people have a crap understanding of risk.

The benefits of being vaccinated should be obvious.

Each year worldwide, well over a million die on the roads with up to 50 million suffering serious injuries. Road traffic accidents are the leading cause of death among those under 30 years old.

How many vaccine sceptics refuse to travel on our roads?
Most of it had to be the unclear ticketing which was a total mess up. Pay on the day like the good old days at FP until they sort out season tickets.
(16-08-2021, 06:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]pneumonia is often the finishing touch from various illnesses.
as regards covid deaths falling off, that might just have something to do with out very successful vaccine roll out. If we continue to increase % coverage we should have a less locked down winter but its not clearcut as yet.

Pneumonia is often the finishing touch……

No shit.

Of course it is but these are pneumonia cases where COVID does not appear anywhere on the death certificate.

So currently, loads of other things are more deadly than COVID, despite the number of cases.

Lockdowns do not work and that has been proven again and again and again ffs.

There will be mass disobedience if they try any of that crap again.
Flu deaths are virtually zero, probably a side effect from the lockdowns, meet less people less chance of picking up the bugs.

Of course the lockdowns worked, they bought time for the vaccines to be developed.

Not for the first time you are over simplifying a complex issue gaffs in a manner  to suit your personal wants. 

Bottom line of the whole mess? There are too many humans on this planet, the good news being mankind has a habit of resolving that problem in it's own way.
Hopefully Darwinism will sort it out
(17-08-2021, 08:01 AM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Flu deaths are virtually zero, probably a side effect from the lockdowns, meet less people less chance of picking up the bugs.

Of course the lockdowns worked, they bought time for the vaccines to be developed.

Not for the first time you are over simplifying a complex issue gaffs in a manner  to suit your personal wants. 

Bottom line of the whole mess? There are too many humans on this planet, the good news being mankind has a habit of resolving that problem in it's own way.

Lockdowns worked....OMFG!!!
(17-08-2021, 08:01 AM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Flu deaths are virtually zero, probably a side effect from the lockdowns, meet less people less chance of picking up the bugs.

Flu deaths are going up because they are actually being recorded again, they were zero because the labs were concentrating on COVID.

Study after study shows that lockdowns don’t work. I’m not oversimplifying anything, merely telling it like it is, unaffected by the religion of COVID hysteria. 

I agree that there are far too many people on the planet, nature (not mankind) has a way of rebalancing things.

If EBOLA or MARBURG VIRUS ever becomes more virulent I will consider isolating, it’s all a matter of odds.  Smile
NZ obviously aren't listening to you Gaff. They have one case, the first for 6 months and are locking down the whole country. Do they know something you don't?
I believe lockdowns worked in the short term to help prevent the spread but once it was under control and vaccination was under way then they should’ve been lifted sooner. No one likes their freedom of movement curtailed especially the generations of the last 40 yrs where they’ve never had to wait for much anything, if it’s not over in a fortnight their world collapses ( massive generalisation here I know :-) )
Last week there were only two or three young staff left in the ticket office … and they were just firefighting - phones left to ring, battling thru as best as possible dealing with very pissed off fan after fan, and unable to answer the hundreds of emails from fans querying seat moves etc

Im told a new ticket officer manager resigned after 12 days in the role and they are now advertising for their replacement on the PFC website

Quite why the club didnt bother to recruit temporary staff for the ticket office to handle ticket demand ahead of the new season is beyond me?

Basic stuff surely …. Match tickets being the clubs bread and butter
(17-08-2021, 09:45 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]NZ obviously aren't listening to you Gaff. They have one case, the first for 6 months and are locking down the whole country. Do they know something you don't?

NZ is run by a power crazed woman dsmg  Smile .

She said at one point that her government was the ONLY source of truth ffs, sounds like North fecking Korea.

Australia, likewise has pretty much imposed martial law after a handful of cases.

They appear to be pursuing an impossible ‘zero Covid’ policy, they will fail no doubt about it. They are just kicking the can down the road, it’s a bit like Canute trying to defy the waves ffs.

So yes I do think I know something they don’t.  Smile 

Actually I think they do know, they are just playing politics with the pandemic and will continue to do so with climate change. Authoritarian fools, a plague on all their houses.
As a side issue. I worked in schools through both lockdowns and some bank holidays. With children being made to stay at home when ill, desks cleaned regularly, sneezing being a tissue and hand wash very time and enforced hand washing at regular intervals
We had virtually no little mini epidemics of vomiting, coughs and colds ear aches and all the rest.
Who'd have thought that keeping children home rather than forcing them into school when ill would have stopped everyone else catching it!
Canute was actually doing the opposite, showing he wasn’t power crazed and that even the king couldn’t control the waves. Anyway, NZ’s reaction does seem a little over the top.
(17-08-2021, 01:11 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2021, 09:45 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]NZ obviously aren't listening to you Gaff. They have one case, the first for 6 months and are locking down the whole country. Do they know something you don't?

She said at one point that her government was the ONLY source of truth ffs, sounds like North fecking Korea.

Australia, likewise has pretty much imposed martial law after a handful of cases.

They appear to be pursuing an impossible ‘zero Covid’ policy, they will fail no doubt about it. They are just kicking the can down the road, it’s a bit like Canute trying to defy the waves ffs.

Actually I think they do know, they are just playing politics with the pandemic and will continue to do so with climate change. Authoritarian fools, a plague on all their houses.

No COVID in Western Australia right now, no lock down or mandated mask wearing either except at Perth airport
(17-08-2021, 01:30 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2021, 01:11 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

No COVID in Western Australia right now, no lock down or mandated mask wearing either except at Perth airport

Great news mush, long may that continue.
Thought Australia had some very tough lock downs.  Didn't they have protests about it?
More importantly they blocked and restricted entry to the country, nothing new, I suppose.  I read recently, controversially you need permission from the Government to leave and return even if you live there.
The problem is they locked down but hardly vaccinated anyone. They’ve had the last 12 months to get on top of it but have failed badly especially in NSW.
What's Australia and NZ going to do when the call to open their borders to their citizens and travellers becomes to much to ignore??

Oh shit we've got covid everywhere!! What shall we do?

What they're actually doing is delaying the inevitable. Except over there the lockdowns will be regularly on/off for years if they're not careful.
Australia and NZ are going to come unstuck big time very soon. NZ went into lock down again today because of ONE case. They cannot keep their borders closed forever. Their vaccination rates are very small because they both think that they can eliminate Covid, whereas the rest of the world has accepted we have to learn to live with it. My brother lives in Australia and his doctor has told him NOT to have the vaccination, not on medical grounds, but because the side effects are unknown. Vaccination passports are going to be the norm for international travel in the future and by taking the stance that these 2 are taking, they will find they will not be allowed to enter any other country, and not many people will want to go there.
(17-08-2021, 03:18 PM)suffolkpompey Wrote: [ -> ]Australia and NZ are going to come unstuck big time very soon. NZ went into lock down again today because of ONE case. They cannot keep their borders closed forever. Their vaccination rates are very small because they both think that they can eliminate Covid, whereas the rest of the world has accepted we have to learn to live with it. My brother lives in Australia and his doctor has told him NOT to have the vaccination, not on medical grounds, but because the side effects are unknown. Vaccination passports are going to be the norm for international travel in the future and by taking the stance that these 2 are taking, they will find they will not be allowed to enter any other country, and not many people will want 

Both Countries have messed up Big Time. Jacinda Adern Is power crazed & successfully managed to brainwash the Kiwis into thinking she was the Messiah! One case & total lockdown crazy thinking. Where's Track & Trace & Self-Isolation. It should be pretty easy to manage as it's a small sparsley populated country.  

Aus is much larger but for the sheer size of the country it's Not that highly populated. Main more densely populated Cities are Sydney & Melbourne. They're Main problem is their useless vaccination programme with only around 28% having had one jab. They invested in their own vaccination serum which failed miserably then panicked & tried to buy up Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca  vaccines. Their PM Scott Morrison is a clown with No idea. Boris looks brilliant compared to him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4