TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ticket office meeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Closing early tomorrow for "all staff meeting". Reviewing to improve hopefully.
i think the individual staff need some praise as there have been so few of them under such high pressure
They certainly do
I suggested a while ago that the youngsters at the computers in the ticket office probably deserved a medal during the initial chaos. I shall stand by that.
(18-08-2021, 09:56 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]I suggested a while ago that the youngsters at the computers in the ticket office  probably deserved a medal during the initial chaos. I shall stand by that.

Yes, whatever they are paying them it’s not enough.
I've heard from a connected source the problem is the new CEO.
(19-08-2021, 09:12 AM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard from a connected source the problem is the new CEO.

in what way ?
being new so he will get the blame from us lot on line (or being old, or ginger or bald, or hamster like....)
Everyone is aware that the ticketing solution is third party yeah? The idea Pompey has it's own software developers is ridiculous.

Most is outsourced bar the face to face contact at the ticket office. One of the reasons for the recent issues was the closure of a office by ticketmaster.

Likewise the pompeyhub stuff is third party and certainly would have been commissioned and been in development before the new CEO was in place.
spot on
I have never heard or read of a single person blame the club for the quality of the software under the guise of them having built it themselves. No, they are not responsible for that.

I am sure they are pissed off with the vendor as much as we are.

The Ticketmaster office closure thing though - do me a favour. They are fucking enormous, they are global and they are WFH. That excuse was weak as piss and breaks down the moment you actually stop to consider how it works, which we all did the moment it was printed, I guess the board didn't! The software integration failed in production - just say so and move on, we are in a pandemic, people will get it! Trying to put the blame onto the integration partner is often done but Ticketmaster?! Made the CEO look a right prat in my book.

The ticket office staff had to bear the brunt of this and that was piss poor, I hope the meeting was to apologise to them and let them feedback to the CEO directly. The software should have been able to cope and should have integrated seamlessly with the best and most proven out ticketing solution in the world, and it didn't. To add to that shit, the staff had to deal with the impact of a shorter sales window and seat moves.

The club staff also had to face the backlash for the initial attempt at trying to plonk us down in whatever seats for the first three games. I understand the need to reduce the complexity and time given the challenges but that was a shitshow of an idea from the off, it should have gone without saying that we would all want and expect to sit with friends and family for the big return.

PST statement was spot on.
(20-08-2021, 07:12 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone is aware that the ticketing solution is third party yeah? The idea Pompey has it's own software developers is ridiculous.

Most is outsourced bar the face to face contact at the ticket office. One of the reasons for the recent issues was the closure of a office by ticketmaster.

Likewise the pompeyhub stuff is third party and certainly would have been commissioned and been in development before the new CEO was in place.

Don't really care whose fault it is but some dinlo massively dropped the ball on this one and was also piss poor with communicating to fans when needed.
I wonder if our new supremo is up to speed with the meaning of dinlo and squinnie
Oldest trick in the book is to blame failure on a sub contractor, if you choose a subbie you must carry out due diligence and ensure they are insured for any loss you incur.
I assume most of us dislike ticketmaster, yet they are getting off with letting our club down while the club get the abuse
??