TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bazunu
Freeman, Raggett, Robertson, Ogilvie
Tunnicliffe, Morrell, Hackett-Fairchild, Curtis, Ahadme, Marquis

Subs: Bass, Brown, Downing,  Jacobs, Harrison, Hirst, Williams
(21-08-2021, 01:04 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]
Bazunu
Freeman, Raggett, Robertson, Ogilvie
Tunnicliffe, Morrell, Hackett-Fairchild, Curtis, Ahadme, Marquis

Subs: Bass, Brown, Downing,  Jacobs, Harrison, Hirst, Williams

That's a wide midfield
4 4 2?
(21-08-2021, 01:21 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]4 4 2?

Doubt it ... pretty sure it'll be the same as 4231 as in the second half on Tuesday with Ahadme behind Marquis and Reeco wide right .
Brown must be a bit hacked off, part of a defence that gets 3 clean sheets and gets left out. Raggett best watch out.
Resting him for Wigan maybe?
Ogilvie did very well when he came on, nothing against him. Perhaps with the high press and energy we are going to be rotating regularly.
(21-08-2021, 01:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-08-2021, 01:21 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]4 4 2?

Doubt it ... pretty sure it'll be the same as 4231 as in the second half on Tuesday with Ahadme behind Marquis and Reeco wide right .

Formations don’t mean a lot, as teams rarely stick to them rigidly.

The ‘1’ up front only means something if you only have one forward on the pitch.
Cowley formations don't mean a lot!

Anyone in my '6 man midfield' seems to be able to play anywhere, so let's keep the opposition guessing Smile
I fear H-F and Ahadme in same midfield might be a bit lightweight and inexperienced. Ben Close running the game in latter stages of first half. We need to get a better grip I think.
Agreed, I can see Williams coming on for one of them soon, but I must say Morrell needs to up his game or he is likely to be subbed!
I’m with Forever, Ahadme and RHF much too lightweight especially in a game where Pompey are struggling somewhat to impose any sort of authority, maybe one but not both.

Cant see what Ogilive has brought to the game that Browne hasn’t for the first three games

Heart in mouth time when Donny ‘scored’, presumably the ball had gone into touch but  Pompey certainly dodged the bullet there.
Subs time Marquis & Ogilvie off. Harrison & Brown on please asap.
Williams for Morrell seems sensible, we urgently need to get control of midfield, Donny getting at Pompey now
Jacobs with a chance to shine and hopefully create something
Hirst for Marquis Now
Missed penalty Williams Pompey saved.
And now Williams makes a balls up of the penalty, not enough power, keeper only has to guess right to make the save
Is he the nominate penalty taker then?
What is going on with penalties these days? At the Euros about 75% were missed. Seems somehow the advantage has switched to keepers. Have penalty takers made life too complicated for themselves with stuttering run ups and the like?
Hang on. Is that Pompey boy that so many hounded out as lightweight and unable to dictate a game putting his foot in against us and dictating the game?
Yes, it is SS. Brown if he'd ben on the pitch would have blasted it home with power & accuracy.

Our main problem is we're not scoring enough goals.

Marquis is next to useless, Hirst who came on is just a lump up front with a terrible goal record.

I would have put Harrison & Brown on at H.T. 1 -0 Pompey at least.

2 Points dropped I'm afraid to say.
we had more possesion & more shots on target.
Perhaps we need more time to gel? Wink
4 goals in 4 games against essentially the bottom 4 teams is a concern. Can’t keep clean sheets forever. Ahadme not making an impact in front of goal, Marquis we all know about, Hirst did look a bit of a lump, Curtis probably leaving, making Harrison our main goal scorer... OMG!!! Still... 9 pts clear of Charlton, 8 clear of Ipswich. Something to smile about.
Hirst is not the answer. He does not take up the positions. Rotherham fans are a patient bunch but they have absolutely no time for him and that speaks volumes
Pages: 1 2