TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Useful result
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another point and gives Cowley another confirmation of what else we need this window
Agreed. He must see the goal scoring problem but not an easy one to sort out.
How much kitty would be looking at if we cashed in on Marquis and Curtis? Best part of £3M?

Needs to happen soon if that's the plan, time is ticking
Adhame and RHF not good enough at this level. 2 new striking additions imho.
(21-08-2021, 04:38 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Adhame and RHF not good enough at this level. 2 new striking additions imho.

Bit early to write off two very promising youngsters.  Reeco reminds me of Jamal Lowe when he first arrived and got similar stick, but Jackett stuck by him and a few months later we had a player on our hands. 

But I'd agreee that playing them both together (especially away from home) is risky.
(21-08-2021, 06:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-08-2021, 04:38 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Adhame and RHF not good enough at this level. 2 new striking additions imho.

Bit early to write off two very promising youngsters.  Reeco reminds me of Jamal Lowe when he first arrived and got similar stick, but Jackett stuck by him and a few months later we had a player on our hands. 

But I'd agreee that playing them both together (especially away from home) is risky.

Spot On Deep Blue, play one or the other for the time being in that No 10 role in the absence of us signing anyone better.

I wonder whether if DC is may consider  Hirst as the holding striker & Marquis off him in the No 10 if we can't get anything  better.

Certainly going to be an interesting week to see whether DC & Co can shuffle the pack culminating with the visit to Wigwam.
we left the midfield very lightweight today and did well to get a point overall. Then again we could easily have done a smash and grab one nil.
I'd agree it's a decent away point, that. Especially as we are a brand new team. I'm keeping my expectations low and enjoying the (unexpected) points haul.

As people have mentioned, plenty of 'problems' with the team but we've been around the block long enough to know that players at this level are extremely inconsistent.

I am going to enjoy this season because this time we are working towards something, rather than having to accept that hoofball is the desired strategy. We've only seen glimpses of nice looking football but at least the team & coaches are trying to get there.