TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: An interesting September
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After Saturdays Away game at Wigan, we have a run of 5 away games with just one home game in September (Plymouth away to yet to be rescheduled and it may well find its way into September as well)

To save you looking the fixtures up:

7/9      Wimbledon Away
11/9    MK Dons    Away
18/9.   Cambridge Home  
25/9    Charlton    Away
28/9    Burton      Away
?????   Plymouth   Away

There’s a decent balance of straightforward games (if any game of football is straightforward) and some potentially more challenging games.

I think most managers in L1 will have plans to counter our high- pressing game and will have also noted the Cowley's lack of a Plan B or C (well on the evidence of Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Doncaster anyway).

Forgetting Plymouth, I think we may have to settle for 8 or 9 points with things as they are but, of course, some new arrivals may improve the points haul particularly if we can actually find a striker who can put the ball in the net on a more regular basis than Marquis, Harrison and Hirst currently do.

My grandson thinks I am being overly pessimistic with 8 or 9 points, he thinks 12 is more realistic ! I put his optimism down to the fact he has only supported Pompey for the last 6 years, my pessimism down to the fact that I am in my 75th year as a Pompey supporter i.e. I have seen more false dawns than enough, I now believe it only when I see it !
Win
Draw
Win
Loss (they always do us FFS)
Draw
Loss 
Draw 

9pts IMO

Anyone with genuine sights on autos wants to me taking 12 points from all those

I see us as a WIP and a plucky playoff challenger this year myself
amazing how computerising the fixtures could not produce the old fashioned home away home away with a local game at Christmas.
Scumslayer how come you got 7 results from 6 games in September
The Plymouth game is at home
(26-08-2021, 03:08 PM)jeffperon Wrote: [ -> ]The Plymouth game is at home

It was away.
Can't count can I Big Grin

Going for 8 points. Punter in me fancies Charlton and Burton in those two matches. If we get anything in those I'll be chuffed
No, it was at home. It was one of the three games you still had to buy a ticket for even if you've got a season ticket.
So with the Donny and Wigan away that's a hell of a lot away games.  Some might suggest it's unfair all round.
(26-08-2021, 03:16 PM)jeffperon Wrote: [ -> ]No, it was at home. It was one of the three games you still had to buy a ticket for even if you've got a season ticket.

Yup. Plymouth away is scheduled for Wednesday December 29th.
(26-08-2021, 03:16 PM)jeffperon Wrote: [ -> ]No, it was at home. It was one of the three games you still had to buy a ticket for even if you've got a season ticket
Apologies my bad. Specsavers for me!!
Confused