TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Another clean sheet today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would be good to keep the run going.
I'm feeling pessimistic about that to be fair.
It would be great but Wigan are a step up from what we have played so far
Will settle for a draw but think we could sneak it today. 
Don't believe the team should fear anyone in this league we're quite capable of turning over Wigan.
Spot on Trarchus
We have had a week to recharge the batteries so should be able to do the high press more effectively. I would not be surprised to see our goalkeeper being chased by the Wigan attacking players, seems an obvious response to his sweeper keeper role. Not a happy hunting ground so feels like the real season starts today.
Better team out today, may improve things.
Not a happy hunting ground
Except for the great escape - Benjani and Matty Taylor
We generally do well up north on end of season treks, been on a few of those!

Huddersfield and Bradford notably. I forgot Wigan as I could not do that one, can't remember why now.
We drew 1-1 the first season when Jackett took over and Cook got dogs abuse. It was this time of year too. They had one sent off and Conor Chaplin scored with a header.
was that "the" header?
No clean sheet.
First genuine test today. Seems we are competitive but have no cutting edge.
(28-08-2021, 03:45 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]First genuine test today. Seems we are competitive but have no cutting edge.

That's exactly how I've assessed it also. 
We've created very little the past few games.
Wigan didn't deserve the win though they were equally poor in that area but got the lucky break.  
No entirely sure you can just blame Marquis for that he needs the ball in the box and mainly that's only happening from corners.
I think we've lost a lot of attacking impetus by not having Ryan Williams anymore. He was very direct and hard working, and although he didn't score that many we seemed to get in the box more with him in the team.
(31-08-2021, 07:41 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I think we've lost a lot of attacking impetus by not having Ryan Williams anymore. He was very direct and hard working, and although he didn't score that many we seemed to get in the box more with him in the team.

Agree, Williams did run with ball at the defence from wide areas at pace.  
Begs the question about the use of direct wingers with pace and getting the ball in the box.