TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: releasing the youngsters.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With hindsight, it appears someone at the club knew what they were doing.
Not one of the youngsters we released has been taken on at league level. 
Hopefully some of them can play in non league and find their way back.
But perhaps some of the more heated comments online were undeserved?
Doesn’t look like it will matter one way or the other if the ‘Snooze trailer’ regarding our likely arrangements with Chelsea come to pass.

Just hope we don’t regress into a Chelsea feeder club.
I'm hoping it might mean we are about to set up an U23 team at Roko and are looking to start taking their prem 21 YO rejects to fast forward our own set up a bit.
Ever hopeful but somewhat worried about the direction of travel towards B Teams in the lower leagues.
I wonder who were responsible for the decision to let them go, and was it the same person or group who made the decision to take them on in the first place.
(28-08-2021, 11:29 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn’t look like it will matter one way or the other if the ‘Snooze trailer’ regarding our likely arrangements with Chelsea come to pass.

Just hope we don’t regress into a Chelsea feeder club.

In that  "Snooze trailer" Jordan "  The Tosser" Cross  is purely speculating - there is not one quote from anyone at the club, it is the usual lazy Snoize journalism, putting 2+2 together and making it 5.

I'm sure that you have been around long enough to see what a sh!t rag the Snooze has become Wighty. ....
maybe it is, but its the only one we've got. If we lost their coverage and BBC Solent we would have far far less coverage.
I must confess I don’t read The Snooze or subscribe to it these days but occasionally I read a free online snippet (like yesterday’s Chelsea piece).

I still remember the ‘good old days’ when at about 6 on a Saturday evening the old blue/green (or was it green/ blue) would come through the letter box with a match report by Linesman.

I should perhaps fess-up to the fact that, to me, any period before the 80’s is regarded as “the good old days”.
(28-08-2021, 11:16 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]With hindsight, it appears someone at the club knew what they were doing.
Not one of the youngsters we released has been taken on at league level. 
Hopefully some of them can play in non league and find their way back.
But perhaps some of the more heated comments online were undeserved?

It's some years since we were able to produce the quality of Ward, Webster, Pack and Ritchie so something needed changing and I for one am glad that someone has gripped the situation for the benefit of the club and young players alike.