TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ronaldo returns to United
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My over riding memory of Ronaldo was his sending off at the Milton End (for a headbut on Hughes) late in the game under the Fratton lights. We were in the North Stand and didn’t get a clear enough view to make a decent judgement but were none the less delighted to see ‘the show pony’ get his marching orders.

Seem to remember a Pompey player getting an early bath for two yellows earlier in the game

We had a pretty decent Premiership record against United at Fratton Park, Rio’s classic own goal (again at the Milton End) with Van der Saar no more than an interested onlooker was priceless.

I fear it may be sometime before Man U visit Fratton Park in The Premiership again.
I wonder if they will ever be the best team in the prem again, money talks and even Utd cannot out price an oil rich country.
My overriding memory of Ronaldo at FP is watching and appreciating a truly world-class player grace the field.
Can't argue with that but so enjoyed him getting sent off after Hughes wound him up!
I’m looking forward to seeing the photo op shots of him proudly wearing red again when he could just as easily be in sky blue.
I hate the friggin prem……
Like him or not, and I for one can't stand him as a person, no-one can deny he is one hell of a player. Incredible fitness and skill.
As a Pompey fan and someone who doesn’t bother watching any Prem games, I can honestly say that I don’t give a flying one who Manure sign. ?
Give him his due, he seems to have realised that signing for City was just wrong after his time at Utd, even if apparently it took phone calls from Fergie to remind him of that fact.
its not as if he needs any extra money

Deebo

I wonder if they know they could have got Marquis for the same money.
Really who cares. This site is about Pompey, not some other team up north.
As much as I agree with Cleaver's view - really, why should we care. There is an interesting angle about the Ronaldo transfer - and that is, was it a ruse by ManCiteh to screw up ManU's team? Opinion of his time at Juventus seems to think he upset the balance of the team both on the field and in the dressing room. ManU's forward line, without Ronaldo, looks like it could really become something: Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes all seem to be clicking and comfortable about how they fit into the team and are only going to get better. So did Citeh, make a fake move for Ronaldo just to get ManU interested and then pull out.

But then again, who cares?
How anyone can dislike Ronaldo is beyond me. incredible footballer, incredible fitness, Incredible man.

A few of his charity donations.

Cristiano's big donations
  • Selling his 2011 European Golden boot - £1.2milion.

• Selling his 2013 Ballon d'or - £530,000.

• Donating to the Nepalese earthquake - £5million* (reported)

• Uefa Team of the Year bonus - £100,000.

• Champions League 2014 win bonus - £450,000.

• Portugese cancer centre - £120,000.
You forgot to mention he was fined about 20 million for tax fraud and was very lucky not to be sent to prison.
Preening show pony!!
But all round fantastic player.