TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Latest message from PFC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know anything about it? apparently abuse to two Wigan players

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...statement/
(29-08-2021, 06:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know anything about it? apparently abuse to two Wigan players

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021...statement/

When will people stop obsessing about things posted on social media platforms?

It is given far greater significance than it deserves ffs.

The club has no control over such things anyway, so why they bother to comment is beyond me.

The only social media posts the club has any control over, or responsibility for, are those which emanate from the club itself, muppets who post objectionable stuff are the ones who should take responsibility for their actions, nobody else.
Trying not to get fined by Wigan over some such? Did anything happen in the ground? Then nothing to do with the club.
I know that Wigan sent a letter to all League One clubs recently to warn of consequences if their Rep.of Ireland player James McClean was subject to sectarian abuse but the fact that two players are mentioned and Pompey has also issued a statement points to Whatmough and Naylor. Maybe it's a reaction to how they celebrated at the end.

The lack of clarity from the media just fuels more speculation.
(30-08-2021, 06:02 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I know that Wigan sent a letter to all League One clubs recently to warn of consequences if their Rep.of Ireland player James McClean was subject to sectarian abuse but the fact that two players are mentioned and Pompey has also issued a statement points to Whatmough and Naylor. Maybe it's a reaction to how they celebrated at the end.

The lack of clarity from the media just fuels more speculation.

Looks like the Manchester papers say McClain was one of the players.

I also note that the Wigan have offered ‘support’ for the ‘abused’ players. What is all that about ffs? Any footballer who would require support because someone said something nasty on social media, should perhaps get a job more appropriate for their delicate constitution. 

McClean doesn’t look like a delicate type to me, he should just ignore it and not give the cretins the oxygen of publicity they so obviously crave.
Storms and teacups? Possibly some very delicate flowers?
as said by the Doc
If you don't like what's written in the papers, don't read the papers.
Reckon scumming an opponent will be banned 10 years from now......... better make the most of it while we can!!