TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Azeez In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Miguel Azeez has joined us for athe season, good news!
Let's hope his flair can help Marquis score a few goals.
I agree he’s a good signing, but flair? Azeez is a defensive midfielder I believe.
I think he might be an attacking midfielder... I hope so. We desperately need someone who wants to attack.
looking forward to seeing a prem level youngster
Hoping he's as good as Michael Thomas all those years ago

now sign up a young modern version of Defoe to do what he did at Bournemouth
joined at 5 years old

wow!
(30-08-2021, 04:32 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I agree he’s a good signing, but flair? Azeez is a defensive midfielder I believe.

He's an attacking Midfielder who scores goals. Just what we need. A great Coup by DC as Arsenal trust him to develop the youngster. I remember another Gunners youngster we took on loan Michael Thomas but only had him for a month. This is a season long deal.
"I agree he’s a good signing, but flair? Azeez is a defensive midfielder I believe. "

BigSmokeBlue, check out the videos of him on YouTube in particular this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0893O6FUpN4
Perhaps now we have someone who can deliver a decent corner and ball into the box from a free-kick. It's an area I think we've been quite weak in for some time.
I hope Azeez will bring the flair to our midfield that has been missing for too many seasons, might be one of the most important missing pieces of the Pompey jigsaw.

For me, the other critical piece is someone who can score regularly, currently our strike force fritter away way too many of the few chances we create (and hopefully Azeez will greatly increase the number of those opportunities).
Who was the last person we had who could hit a dead ball?

Pitman?

Evans?
I'm really excited about this youngster & can't wait to see him doing it on the pitch.

Just the type of player looking for knock downs & half chances & prepared to shoot from distance.

In his interview saying he knows what a Big Club Pompey are & will fight hard for the cause to get us to the Promise Land, The Championship. He has the Right Attitude!
(01-09-2021, 08:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]In his interview saying he knows what a Big Club Pompey are & will fight hard for the cause to get us to the Promise Land, The Championship. He has the Right Attitude!

But they ALL say that!
(01-09-2021, 10:01 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2021, 08:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]In his interview saying he knows what a Big Club Pompey are & will fight hard for the cause to get us to the Promise Land, The Championship. He has the Right Attitude!

But they ALL say that!

I seem to remember Sully Muntari saying something similar on joining us, which was obviously bollox as he most likely had never heard of us. Turned out alright though. People often  talk about our one season wonders (Prosinecki, Merson etc) but Muntari was a class act too - he'll always have that Villa game and the cup quarter final
(30-08-2021, 06:07 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]"I agree he’s a good signing, but flair? Azeez is a defensive midfielder I believe. "

BigSmokeBlue, check out the videos of him on YouTube in particular this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0893O6FUpN4

If he's half as good as the video he'll be a fantastic asset.

Great passing completion 88%, dribbling ability, goal scoring, ca spray the ball to all pars of the pitch, great ball control.

As long as he doesn't get clobbered by a malicious defender he's everything we've been wishing for a Quality Central Midfielder.

I'm off to order my Azeez Shirt!
I'm off to order my Azeez Shirt!

might have to wait a while for the shop to get some letter z in stock
If Not I'll get it printed up myself!

Strap yourselves in for the ride everyone.
I hope Arsenal don't have a recall option on him because they are shiite so far this season so could well be needing him
(05-09-2021, 07:24 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Arsenal don't have a recall option on him because they are shiite so far this season so could well be needing him

He's on a Season Long Loan.
So....
We have had Thompson on a season long loan that got curtailed in January!
(06-09-2021, 07:23 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]So....
We have had Thompson on a season long loan that got curtailed in January!

Millwall had a recall option, not sure whether Arsenal do for Azeez.
We learnt the lesson on stopped agreeing to the recall option. But with all the changes in personnel through the club, I will be far from surprised to find we have to learn the lesson all over again.
My worry exactly
(06-09-2021, 11:10 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We learnt the lesson on stopped agreeing to the recall option. But with all the changes in personnel through the club, I will be far from surprised to find we have to learn the lesson all over again.

Did we? I always assumed that was standard.
(06-09-2021, 01:23 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2021, 11:10 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We learnt the lesson on stopped agreeing to the recall option. But with all the changes in personnel through the club, I will be far from surprised to find we have to learn the lesson all over again.

Did we? I always assumed that was standard.

I'm sure that Caitlin was asked at one of the Q&A sessions and confirmed that after Thompson, they had changed the loan deals they agreed to, to specifically exclude recall options, that and to extend all loans to include play offs.
If you can, try and read the publish account of the last Tony Goodalls fan conference. Apparently DC says all the loan contracts have a recall , it’s the way it is now, seemingly.
Pages: 1 2