TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Romeo Has signed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
by Portsmouth FC

Pompey have signed Mahlon Romeo on a season-long loan deal from Millwall.
The 25-year-old right-back appeared against the Blues in a Carabao Cup tie at The Den earlier this month.
Blues boss Danny Cowley said: “It’s a deal that we thought was impossible at the weekend and we have to thank Millwall and Mahlon for making it happen.
“He’s a boy who will bring us a great deal of athleticism and he’s versatile, with the ability to play on either side of the pitch.
“Mahlon is also incredibly dynamic and I think our supporters will love his all-action displays. It’s a brilliant signing for us.
“He’s another player who has not just played in the Championship, but also thrived at that level for a sustained period.”
Quote:"I’m delighted to be here and looking forward to playing football in front of such brilliant support. I can’t put into words how excited how I am."
Mahlon Romeo
Romeo said: “I’m delighted to be here and looking forward to playing football in front of such brilliant support. I can’t put into words how excited how I am.”
The Antigua & Barbuda international began his career at Gillingham and signed for Millwall in the summer of 2015.
He has made 221 appearances for the Lions and featured more than 100 times for them in the Championship.
Romeo played the full 90 minutes of their League One play-off final victory over Bradford at Wembley in 2017.
He is the son of musician Jazzie B, who – as part of the R&B group Soul II Soul – secured a UK number one single with ‘Back To Life’.
Sounds an excellent deal for all concerned. 2 successes this week, just missing a goal scorer.
(31-08-2021, 10:06 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]by Portsmouth FC

Pompey have signed Mahlon Romeo on a season-long loan deal from Millwall.
The 25-year-old right-back appeared against the Blues in a Carabao Cup tie at The Den earlier this month.
Blues boss Danny Cowley said: “It’s a deal that we thought was impossible at the weekend and we have to thank Millwall and Mahlon for making it happen.
“He’s a boy who will bring us a great deal of athleticism and he’s versatile, with the ability to play on either side of the pitch.
“Mahlon is also incredibly dynamic and I think our supporters will love his all-action displays. It’s a brilliant signing for us.
“He’s another player who has not just played in the Championship, but also thrived at that level for a sustained period.”
Quote:"I’m delighted to be here and looking forward to playing football in front of such brilliant support. I can’t put into words how excited how I am."
Mahlon Romeo
Romeo said: “I’m delighted to be here and looking forward to playing football in front of such brilliant support. I can’t put into words how excited how I am.”
The Antigua & Barbuda international began his career at Gillingham and signed for Millwall in the summer of 2015.
He has made 221 appearances for the Lions and featured more than 100 times for them in the Championship.
Romeo played the full 90 minutes of their League One play-off final victory over Bradford at Wembley in 2017.
He is the son of musician Jazzie B, who – as part of the R&B group Soul II Soul – secured a UK number one single with ‘Back To Life’.