TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tonight’s team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It’s been a while since we played but I don’t think DC will risk many ( if any) first X1 players.
I’m not really interested in how well we do in this Mickey Mouse cup but it’s good for the ‘ reserves’
Bass
Mnonga Downing Ogilvie Romeo
Thompson  Azeez  Jacobs
Harrison Hirst Ahadme
its a really useful competition what with no reserve league, stay in as long as possible. And of course we are having to teach the existing players to play in a totally different way. I like your choice of front line but would not be averse to giving marquis some time to try and get him a goal.
(07-09-2021, 03:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s been a while since we played but I don’t think DC will risk many ( if any) first X1 players.
I’m not really interested in how well we do in this Mickey Mouse cup but it’s good for the ‘ reserves’
Bass
Thompson  Azeez  Jacobs
Harrison Hirst Ahadme

Agree it's a good competition for match time and fitness.  Still can't afford to have most of those to pick-up an injury though. 
Assuming Ogilvie, Romeo, Azeez  Hirst and Ahadme are already quite fit they might only play a part.  
(07-09-2021, 03:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s been a while since we played but I don’t think DC will risk many ( if any) first X1 players.
Bass
Thompson  Azeez  Jacobs
Harrison Hirst Ahadme

Azeez is with Eng U20's.
Is this the one we won and then lost to Salford?
It would make a refreshing break to focus on the league. I don't care how far we get in this cup as long as we play 2nd choice & youth players.
(07-09-2021, 03:57 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the one we won and then lost to Salford?

It is that one.  Kenny loved it.   Wink
R H-F for Azzez and it’s obviously Bass out with Covid so a surprise in goal- Eastwood from Sheffield Utd
Oops 1-0 down after only 2 mins
Hurst up front with Harrison lmao
(07-09-2021, 07:34 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Hurst up front with Harrison lmao

Should be a good combo. Wouldn't be surprised if one them scores a hat trick .
Oh well, we were winning for 2 mins
Stop the world, I want to get off
Quite an experienced line up destroyed by Wombles. Oh dear. Hirst.. 6 appearances 0 goals. If he scores 5 this season it will be a miracle. I fear he’s just a lump in a shirt.
I’ll play Harrison in place of Marquis and Romeo instead of that useless waste of space Harness on Saturday. Jacobs looked good as well as did Thompson in midfield.
poor result obviously but sounds like some positives.
As our league defence is pretty solid, conceding 5 tonight is probably less of a negative than the fact we got a striker to score a hattrick.
Sounds like we are starting to build some pressure on those in the team to keep their shirt, can only be good.
(07-09-2021, 08:47 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Quite an experienced line up destroyed by Wombles. Oh dear. Hirst.. 6 appearances 0 goals. If he scores 5 this season it will be a miracle. I fear he’s just a lump in a shirt.

39 games last season for Rotherham, no goals
Hmm that fills me with hope?
We are sooooooooooooooo shit, it's depressing.
(07-09-2021, 09:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]poor result obviously but sounds like some positives.
As our league defence is pretty solid, conceding 5 tonight is probably less of a negative than the fact we got a striker to score a hattrick.
Sounds like we are starting to build some pressure on those in the team to keep their shirt, can only be good.
Difficult to be too disappointed with the result.

This competition contibuted to us missing out on promotion, possibly a couple of times as Kenny was always keen to promote his precious win ratio! Two more games and put it to bed and concentrate on the league and perhaps a little earner when it comes round to the 3rd Round of FA Cup....although that assumes that we'll get through the first two rounds!

There is a clearly a genuine lack of depth in our bargain price squad and it'll be who wasn't playing tonight that tells you the starting eleven for trip to MK Dons. That said, at least some of them came out with some credit. I suppose Harrison might get the nod on Saturday and Romeo could feature as well but nobody else providing we have no injuries (or illness).
Looks like we can keep a clean sheet or score goals but not both. Appreciate Mnoga is young but he is an absolute weapon lol. A loan will do him good.

Nice exciting cup game and good to bed in the new chap from Millwall.
Harrison scoring a hat-trick could be by far the most important thing from this game. He needs confidence and hopefully this might give him some. We may have preferred to see him gone during the transfer window but he's still here so let's get the best from him
Here here..His work rate has never been questioned. Has it?