TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Labour plan for social care
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where can I read it to get an alternative to the Tory one?
Tuffs is still working on it.
Yeah Tuffers and Bill were told they had to write one
(10-09-2021, 11:42 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Tuffers and Bill were told they had to write one

To be fair they probably couldn't do a worse job than the Tory one
I'd use that £350m a week we've got since Brexit. It must be there - I saw it on the side of a bus.

Btw, interesting that quote about "no-one will have to pay more than 86k for their care" in a care home, whilst omitting that that doesn't include actual living expenses which could still be 35k per year.
(10-09-2021, 12:42 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]I'd use that £350m a week we've got since Brexit. It must be there - I saw it on the side of a bus.

Btw, interesting that quote about "no-one will have to pay more than 86k for their care" in a care home, whilst omitting that that doesn't include actual living expenses which could still be 35k per year.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Need to raise funds to house and feed the illegals, can’t have them going without.
Smirns, if they're illegals they don't receive anything, but I guess you already know this.
So you are saying that none are being housed at the tax payers expense then?
Nope, not if they're illegals.

Factoid
Bullsheet.
(10-09-2021, 07:27 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, not if they're illegals.

Factoid

They are being fed and housed if you can call those old army camps housing at public expense until their application to stay is heard. Those illegals who have not been caught are by definition not being housed
As long as there's still a plan to spaff £250m on a boat for tory jollies, I think we can afford to look after those who say they're escaping persecution.
(11-09-2021, 12:25 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]As long as there's still a plan to spaff £250m on a boat for tory jollies, I think we can afford to look after those who say they're escaping persecution.

‘Escaping persecution’, what you mean France?  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I notice Barnier is now saying France should ‘take back control’ from your beloved EU.

FAF
Refugee's can choose where and when they stop running. And if we were still in the EU, France would have to accept them back - that's what the Dublin Agreement was all about. You and your Brexity chums have created this.
(11-09-2021, 02:39 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Refugee's can choose where and when they stop running. And if we were still in the EU, France would have to accept them back - that's what the Dublin Agreement was all about. You and your Brexity chums have created this.

Well that’s a creative way of looking at it  Big Grin .

They’ve been ‘running’ straight through multiple fecking European countries with their mobiles and money to pay people smugglers, refugees my arris.

If the EU didn’t have porous open borders there wouldn’t be a problem in the first place.

Barnier has seen the light, the dominos are toppling  Smile .
Plenty of ignorance and your usual demagoguery there Gaffer. Of course only a small  percentage of these cash wielding, mobile phone carrying  asylum seekers and migrants actually make it as far as the UK.  A quick checking of the facts will show you the vast majority stay in France, Germany  and Turkey, to name just 3 countries. However, this doesn't fit the hate filled "invading our shores" narrative championed by our government, and people like you who haven't bothered to question what the right wing press is feeding you.
Point of order for admin. I accidentally gave Gaffer a like (fookin eyesight). Can an unlike button pleased be installed? And while we're at it a coont icon, emoji, thingy would also be appreciated - it's not necessarily for Gaffer's last post although I am sorely tempted.
(11-09-2021, 06:00 PM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]Point of order for admin. I accidentally gave Gaffer a like (fookin eyesight). Can an unlike button pleased be installed? And while we're at it a coont icon, emoji, thingy would also be appreciated - it's not necessarily for Gaffer's last post although I am sorely tempted.

You can give me as many count emojis and false likes as you want Jezzer.

These are economic migrants pure and simple, if there was no ‘open border’ policy in Europe they wouldn’t be here that’s the long and the short of it.

It’s nothing personal or xenophobic or any of the other bollox you seem to assume. If people go through the correct channels and are genuine asylum seekers they are welcome. If they come through multiple safe countries and then enter the country illegally they are not.

I believe in controlled borders, you apparently believe in open borders.

You are free to have your opinion, I am free to have mine, coont emojis or not.
Guff, you can provide evidence of the economic nature of their migration? If it is so pure and simple it shouldn't take more than a couple of keystrokes.

As easy as finding this small piece of international law - pretty sure I've linked this before so here it is again for the hard of thinking
Figures on the country of origin for those coming across the channel are obviously difficult to analyse. Only those that are detained can be counted, many escape detention by going underground. A look at figures over the last five years make interesting reading. Amongst those listed as coming from areas that are coming from conflict hot spots there are many that do not. I cannot recall current conflicts occurring in Albania, Pakistan and India among many other countries that are on the list and conflict free. So on that score it would be reasonable to assume that they are economic migrants rather than “refugees”.
All illegal applicants have the right to housing and are fed and looked after, all at a cost to us the taxpayer. So splitting hairs on what you call these costs matters not one jot, it is still a cost.
You’re up early for a Sunday Smirns - so picking up on the “Many escape detention by going underground” you’ll admit that this “many” are not being fed and housed by the long-suffering, put-upon taxpayer.
Aha, Big Grin yet again you avoid the point like a trapped eel. A starting point for this debate might be that you concede that thousands are costing us to keep them. As far as the ones that have gone underground. How are they feeding themselves? If they are working in the black economy, then they contribute nothing in tax and who is facilitating this underground economy?

Ps. Up early? Big Grin That was late for me, first cup of coffee is normally around 4.30am most days Big Grin
(11-09-2021, 07:21 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Guff, you can provide evidence of the economic nature of their migration? If it is so pure and simple it shouldn't take more than a couple of keystrokes.

As easy as finding this small piece of international law - pretty sure I've linked this before so here it is again for the hard of thinking

Tuffers, the inadequacies of International agreements on refugees are not relevant, I know you love poring over long ‘legal’ tracts to justify your arguments.

If the borders were not open to any of Tom, Dick or Harry who wishes to pass over them, the migrants wouldn’t be in Calais in the first place. Also, you undermine your position as a ‘desperate’ refugee if you travel through multiple countries to reach the ‘refuge’ of your choice.

As for the ‘hard of thinking’ bit, at least I do think and am not driven by ideological dogma  Smile .

These are economic migrants, you know it, Jezzer knows it and I know it. So spare us the bullshit ffs.
So you can’t prove your ‘pure and simple’ ‘fact’ then. No surprise there.
And how is that I ‘undermine my position’ by referencing international law? The bullshit appears to be all yours Guff.

Smirns, I’m not a trapped eel. But you are a victim of ‘don’t look at what we’re doing - look over there’. Getting all frothed up by the Daily Mail whilst the country goes down the pan with tory cronyism and the brexit-shitfest. There are bigger issues than dinghies right now.

Have a good day gentlemen.
Pages: 1 2