TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: No fan of Jackett but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does DC know football is about scoring goals? He talks a great game (if you like psycho-babble) but the football is terrible and results just about as bad. 4 goals in 6 league games. Depressingly, at this stage last season under Hoofball, we were the leading scorers. How long will he be given before the fans become restless? Azeez apparently not good enough to get in this mediocre team but useless Marquis still plays 80 minutes. How have got to the stage that Harrison is our last hope!!!!??? DC out of his depth perhaps?
Just a shit day at the office as far as I can see. Service was attrocious, opposition far more organised than us and shaded it.

Really don't see what relevance Jackett is.
I'd cut Danny some slack as wasnt the one who spunked 1.5M on Marquis & Harrisson.

We knew before a ball was kicked that this season wasn't going to be great. Hopefully we see some improvement in the performances as the season progresses. Some actual passing perhaps...
3 league games without scoring. That's completely shit.
What is incredibly frustrating is that we all have known for some months that we need a couple of new recognised experienced strikers.  The fact that we are going into this season with Marquis and Harrison is a disgrace. Its not going to be any benefit having a string of midfield players to choose from if we are impotent up front. The case for spending some money on a striker e.g. Stockley was so strong Cowley should have put the case firmly to the owners/CEO.
Cowley and the news have been practically cumming in there pants about azeez signing but he didn't feature today...strange
Some of his signings look decentish (but haven't lived up to that so far) but tactically and results-wise Cowley has done nothing at all to convince me he's the messiah that some fans think he is.

I'm still pissed off about that Accrington game where he completely failed to motivate the players or change anything tactically. That's his job.
(11-09-2021, 04:36 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Just a shit day at the office as far as I can see. Service was attrocious, opposition far more organised than us and shaded it.

Really don't see what relevance Jackett is.

Six games in and 4 or 5 shit days at the office so far. Not good. Relevance is clearly that under the hoofball we all hated we were leading scorers in league but under the much hyped Cowleys game we can’t hit a barn door. Maybe they are over hyped. Knocked out of two cups as well! Going well isn’t it.
Can’t say I was over the moon when we got the Cowleys and my opinion hasn’t changed since . Think the pair of them are out of their depth in my opinion.
We tried to do it on the cheap, and now we're paying the price.
Whoever the manager they need to have a right go after today. First half MK were very good and we struggled, that happens.
Second half we got stuck into them, had them on the ropes. Let in a breakaway goal.
If we had picked up as we were doing we could easily have got a goal or even two. But instead the team collapsed and simply gave up.
It's only 6 games in. Anyone pining for jackett should dig out a copy of the Salford game and get perspective.

It's not ideal and signing players so late that they've barely played together it's no wonder the team are all over the place. Still miles better than jackettball
(11-09-2021, 04:55 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]What is incredibly frustrating is that we all have known for some months that we need a couple of new recognised experienced strikers.  The fact that we are going into this season with Marquis and Harrison is a disgrace. Its not going to be any benefit having a string of midfield players to choose from if we are impotent up front. The case for spending some money on a striker e.g. Stockley was so strong Cowley should have put the case firmly to the owners/CEO.

Pangus ... Stockley's record is not as good as Marquis's. Charlton fans are not impressed so are you saying we should repeat the mistakes of the past only more expensively ? 

As well as Stockley, we tried to 'push the boat out' for Pigott, who was far more what we needed so there was no problem with the owners/CEO not being prepared to spend. But I haven't seen anyone that would have fitted our bill going anywhere else in league one so maybe the problem was that what we wanted was just not available rather than we didn't try to get them.  Colby Bishop was another worth trying for, but they did not let him go.
(11-09-2021, 06:52 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2021, 04:55 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]What is incredibly frustrating is that we all have known for some months that we need a couple of new recognised experienced strikers.  The fact that we are going into this season with Marquis and Harrison is a disgrace. Its not going to be any benefit having a string of midfield players to choose from if we are impotent up front. The case for spending some money on a striker e.g. Stockley was so strong Cowley should have put the case firmly to the owners/CEO.

Pangus ... Stockley's record is not as good as Marquis's. Charlton fans are not impressed so are you saying we should repeat the mistakes of the past only more expensively ? 

As well as Stockley, we tried to 'push the boat out' for Pigott, who was far more what we needed so there was no problem with the owners/CEO not being prepared to spend. But I haven't seen anyone that would have fitted our bill going anywhere else in league one so maybe the problem was that what we wanted was just not available rather than we didn't try to get them.  Colby Bishop was another worth trying for, but they did not let him go.
Yeah it certainly wasn't for lack of trying on the striker ft. We've been lumbered with some deadwood & until they become out of contract next summer we're stuck with what we've got. Having said that as others have alluded to Azeez is meant to be very decent, he has to start v Cambridge surely because the midfield 3 on saturday is far too static & defensive imho. Its early days to be writing off the Cowleys, but Marquis/ Harness & Curtis surely haven't suddenly forgotten where the goal is all @ the same time. Thats a coincidence too far. The team setup is stifling forward play-that has to change.
(14-09-2021, 08:37 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it certainly wasn't for lack of trying on the striker ft. We've been lumbered with some deadwood & until they become out of contract next summer we're stuck with what we've got. Having said that as others have alluded to Azeez is meant to be very decent, he has to start v Cambridge surely because the midfield 3 on saturday is far too static & defensive imho. Its early days to be writing off the Cowleys, but Marquis/ Harness & Curtis surely haven't suddenly forgotten where the goal is all @ the same time. Thats a coincidence too far. The team setup is stifling forward play-that has to change.

Azeez didn't play on Saturday as he was away with the England U 20s who smashed Romania 6-1. He started & played 63 minutes before being subbed like most of the team. He must start on Saturday & really looking forward to a commanding midfield performance. He has everything in his locker to improve our performances by 100% & also scores some outstanding goals from distance. Get your Azeez shirts now if the club shop  have now found the Zs!