TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Win at Home, Draw Away = Automatic Promotion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Despite the doom and gloom over the last couple of 1-0 defeats, we're still on course for automatic promotion! 6 points from 2 at FP, 4 from 4 on the road.

However, need to keep winning at FP - no reason why not against Cambridge and fingers crossed against Plymouth.
(12-09-2021, 02:47 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Despite the doom and gloom over the last couple of 1-0 defeats, we're still on course for automatic promotion! 6 points from 2 at FP, 4 from 4 on the road.

However, need to keep winning at FP - no reason why not against Cambridge and fingers crossed against Plymouth.

Not sure you should be posting on truebluedoomandgloom.com.
Can you not post anything positive please when there are people suffering on here, there are people wetting themselves and slashing their wrists over this disastrous 1-0 defeat for goodness sake, have some respect.
good thread.
Hopefully we can get a result against Cambridge, Plymouth could be tough if they score first.

Watching the team yesterday we are very much a work in progress, might even have too many centre mid now and still be working out how to keep them happy.
PiD

Turning your coin over, if we continue with our goal current drought we will draw a few and lose most of the rest of our games……..and spend the post Easter period in a relegation fight !

Cowley still has plenty of time of course to put our goal scoring problems behind us but, he is the manager who got us into this striker mess in the first place !
He may yet need his ‘get out of jail card’ ie the winter window, to address the situation, if so, we must hope he will fare better than this summers window.

Pompey fans should be very relieved that it’s Cambridge (who shipped 5 last Saturday)  up next, sterner tasks lie ahead.

On a general note, why is anyone who dares to adversely comment on the goings on Pompey accused of being a bed wetter / wrist slasher ? In my 75 seasons of supporting Pompey I have never suffered either incontinence or suicidal thoughts…..but plenty of incompetent players, managers and owners.
Yep if you average 2 points a game over the course of a season usually you go up.

As with when the wheels fell off under Jackett however, the problem is this team hasn't got enough goals in it.

That season we went on a phenomenal run of luck scraping 1-0s and 1-1s and then got found out in the second half of the season.

We prefer a more open style of play now ( thank god) but the supporters must accept that this comes with less security.

Unfortunately we don't have Brett Pitman anymore to spare our blushes. We have the system of choice locked down but we don't have the front men to win games with it.

We know Cowley made a front man his priority so we can't hammer him too much for that one.
DNC will get it right , they need at least 2 more transfer windows. I agree we should’ve strengthened up front, however in pre season young Ahadme was banging them in and we were talking about him being the next Todorov. The biggest mistake was not selling Marquis ( although I don’t think he attracted any bids) . I said at the beginning of the season we’ll make the play offs and nothings happened to change my mind.