TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team v Cambridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For me, Marquis has run out of goodwill and if Harrison doesn't start, Cowley needs to go back to coaching non-league football.
Also, he signed Azeez, told us what a fantastic creative player he is and then.....doesn't play him! If not tomorrow, then when?
I guess Romeo will get the nod over Freeman after the latter's tantrum exit last week and I would like to see Curtis making way for Jacobs to give us some more ideas on that left flank.
Who ever plays up front, give them a buddy instead of trying to make someone fit into the floating number ten role. We have 4 players with experience of playing in a front two. None who can play the fabled number ten role. None who an play the sole striker role.
Azeez didn't play last week because he was with the England U23 squad and probably hadn't had enough time with our squad. Hopefully he'll be in the team tomorrow.
I think it will be
Bazunu
Freeman Raggett Robertson Brown
Williams Tunnicliffe
Harness  Azeez Curtis
Harrison

Subs Bass, Romeo, Ogilvie, Morrell, Thompson, Ahadme, Marquis.
Azeez is the Key player in CM just give him the ball & his feet should do the rest.

Jacobs can play the elusive No. 10 role he has the ability.

Harrison to lead the line as Marquis has lost confidence.
Cowley should try Harness in the no. 10 role. He’s played well in that position previously. The hatrick he got at Burton last season for example. Azeez has traditionally played in the deeper midfield role, not a no. 10. I would then play Romeo high up on the right. So my team would be:

Bazanu 
Tunnicliffe Azeez 
Romeo Harness Jacobs 
Harrison

Subs: Bass, Oglivie, Downing, Curtis; Thompson; Morrell, Marquis
I’m going with Deepblues selection.
Have a funny feeling DC won't drop Marquis yet. Otherwise I reckon Deep's is right
(18-09-2021, 08:56 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Cowley should try Harness in the no. 10 role. He’s played well in that position previously. The hatrick he got at Burton last season for example. Azeez has traditionally played in the deeper midfield role, not a no. 10. I would then play Romeo high up on the right. So my team would be:

Bazanu 
Tunnicliffe Azeez 
Romeo Harness Jacobs 
Harrison

Subs: Bass, Oglivie, Downing, Curtis; Thompson; Morrell, Marquis

Trouble with Harness he looks good in a role for a couple of games then has a game where he disappears.
If Cowley can get our big hitters playing consistently we have a good team. But do any of our forwards perform consistently?
Robertson injured?
(18-09-2021, 01:20 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Robertson injured?

yes according to the snooze
Looks almost like the team I wanted. Still no room for Jacobs.
A day of big opportunities for Harrison and Downing.
Azeez and Romeo have nothing to prove. They can just show us why they are so highly rated.
Curtis, one on borrowed time.
Is the first half performance as bad as the scoreline suggests? Still waiting for that elusive goal.
Downing is utter turd. Complete liability.
Yes. We've had 6 or 7 crosses and done nothing, they've had one and scored.