TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Todays Team is.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pompey: Bazunu; Romeo, Downing, Raggett, Brown ©; Tunnicliffe, Williams; Harness, Azeez, Curtis; Harrison
Subs: Bass, Freeman, Thompson, Morrell, Hackett-Fairchild, Hirst, Marquis
I think Romano should have started the last Match, and am pleased Azeez is starting,
4 2 3 1
Bazunu.
Romeo Raggtt Downing Brown
Tunnicliffe Williams
Harness Azeez Curtis
Harrison

Should be enough shouldn't it? Smile
Jacobs must be really unfit and have abused Cowley to not even make the bench. Reeko was dire at MK.
4 2 3 1
Bazunu.
Romeo Raggett Downing Brown
Tunnicliffe Williams
Harness Azeez Curtis
Harrison

Should be enough, shouldn't it? Smile
With Shirt Numbers!
G Bazunu
M Romeo
S Raggett
P Downing
L Brown ©
R Tunnicliffe
S Williams
M Harness
M Azeez
R Curtis
E Harrison
Substitutes
J Marquis
K Freeman
R Hackett-Fairchild
G Hirst
J Morrell
L Thompson
A Bass
(18-09-2021, 01:39 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]4 2 3 1
Bazunu.
Tunnicliffe Williams
Harness Azeez Curtis
Harrison

I do live in Hope, but not much expectation. Huh
And we still don't look anything like scoring. It's absolutely fucking rubbish.
To add insult to injury Jack Whatmough had scored his first goal for Wigan.
Another Disaster! This time at home against a rubbish team.

There's a major problem as the defending sounds Sunday League level.

The attack is Non-Existent. Lone striker just doesn't work.
Ask Steve Claridge what to do. He will simply put square pegs in square holes and play a simple formation. ie we have 4 strikers non of whom are at their best one up front. Double them up, stop experimenting with the floating ten that has not worked despite trying just about every midfield/attacking player we have had for 3 seasons.
Not good enough.
(18-09-2021, 01:39 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]4 2 3 1
Bazunu.
Tunnicliffe Williams
Harness Azeez Curtis
Harrison

I was obviously dreaming.
Just as well I had low expectations, the Team didn't disappoint me.
Baz5 Romeo 7 Brown 6 Raggett 7 Downing 5 Williams 3 Tunn 4 Azeez 4 Curtis 5 (+1 for a good strike for goal) Harness 6 Harrison 5 Cowleys 3 (written after several pints so I might have a diff view in the morning!!) oh and Hirst 3.. what is the point of him?
and marquis?
(18-09-2021, 10:21 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Baz5 Romeo 7 Brown 6 Raggett 7 Downing 5 Williams 3 Tunn 4 Azeez 4 Curtis 5 (+1 for a good strike for goal) Harness 6 Harrison 5 Cowleys 3 (written after several pints so I might have a diff view in the morning!!) oh and Hirst 3.. what is the point of him?

Bazunu 6 - did nothing wrong
Romeo 7 - quiet in first half and slow to control ball going forward but much more involved in second half and became our main threat in building attacks!
Brown 5 - exposed by their winger first half, slightly better in second half
Raggett 6 - battled well and apart from one moment of panic did OK
Downing 6 - not much to do, steady but slow moving the ball forwards
William 6 - excellent first half but anonymous second half
Tunnicliffe 5- disappointing. Seemed to be playing a more defensive role and didn't carry the ball or drive forward as much as in previous home games
Azeez 6 - not the messiah! One good run early on and a few decent cross-field balls out to the wing. Was hoping for more attacking intent from him. Still early days though!
Curtis 6 - fabulous hit for the goal but otherwise rarely in the game and seldom beat his man.
Harness 5 - superb opening 10 minutes then seemed to disappear. Lost momentum by taking too many touches and running into crowded areas.
Harrison 5 - lack of service. Should have hit the target with early header.
Marquis 5 - should have been given a penalty when taken out by their keeper who then feigned an injury to get away with it.
Thompson 6 -  not on for long but seemed up for the challenge.
Hirst 5 - a couple of half chances despite next to no service.

Officials:

Ref 4 - allowed Cambridge to waste time too much and had no idea who to book when Brown got into that mini-row near the end
Linesmen 2 - absolutely useless on North Stand side of ground second half. Got a few throw-ins completely wrong - were they in or out? - reluctant to give corners unless the ref indicated first yet responsible for a shocking decision to give Cambridge the corner that lead to their second goal!  

Overall assessment:

Our players huffed and puffed but lacked the ability to read the game, were too static when there were 50-50 situations so didn't anticipate where the rebound would end up! Must have been ten occasions when the ball was bouncing around in promising positions and apart from the Curtis goal, we never took advantage!
Downing 6? He was hopeless. Largely responsible for their first goal by not attempting to challenge Ironside (even if Ironside was still in his wheelchair he'd have still scored). And as for his passing/forward play.....
Forgot Marquis... 5 for clapping the crowd afterwards. Have to disagree about Williams. For me terrible first half gave the ball away numerous times, got caught in possession looked half asleep. 2nd half anonymous. Wouldn’t get ahead of Naylor or Close for me. Only contribution so far this season is to miss a penalty.
Bazunu 6
Romeo 7
Brown 5
Raggett 5
Downing 5
William 6 - (2nd half was a 5)
Tunnicliffe 6
Azeez 4 looked like a little kid lost , I'm sure he'll come good soon
Curtis 4 -petulant anonymous-if it wasn't for the goal 3
Harness 6 ( 5 second half)
Harrison 5
Marquis 4