TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bookie's odds - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bookie's odds (/showthread.php?tid=2576)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Bookie's odds - Rick Pumpkin - 16-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 03:15 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(16-01-2023, 01:32 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I don't speak mong, can anyone translate?

It reads perfectly well to any normal human being. 

The problem is with you being a cerebral palsy sufferer is that you don't understand plain English - poor   Scum Loving Coont  Shy

Serious question, what's CP got to do with understanding plain English?

RE: Bookie's odds - exterminator - 16-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 04:10 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(16-01-2023, 01:32 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I don't speak mong, can anyone translate?

The problem is with you being a cerebral palsy sufferer is that you don't understand plain English - poor   Scum Loving Coont  Shy

CP sufferers sometimes have trouble with speaking & general communication skills (Reading & Writing etc)

RE: Bookie's odds - mikey393 - 16-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 06:37 PM)scumslayer Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 06:32 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: I remember watching the Oxford 5-5 draw on teletext .... that was unbelievable

Mikey listened to it on his Teletext

Ha Ha I'm pretty sure I went to that game!

RE: Bookie's odds - Gerry Hatrick - 17-01-2023

Foster now at odds-on favourite with McCann drifting to evens.
An announcement was expected today or tomorrow.

RE: Bookie's odds - Northstander - 17-01-2023

Bv go Foster and McCann both 5/6 Manning 4.1....25.1 Bar

RE: Bookie's odds - Rick Pumpkin - 17-01-2023

(16-01-2023, 05:07 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(16-01-2023, 04:10 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:

CP sufferers sometimes have trouble with speaking & general communication skills (Reading & Writing etc)

Ah OK, I didn't know that. I've got a relative with CP and he's got a better vocabulary than me although it doesn't stop him being a complete coont most of the time.

RE: Bookie's odds - Northstander - 18-01-2023

Bv have Foster 4/6 fav, Manning 7.4, McCann 11/4. 14.1 Bar

RE: Bookie's odds - Gerry Hatrick - 18-01-2023

Why are they still quoting McCann as third favourite? Is it for the likes of top tipsters like BlueArmy?

Anyway, today is surely the day for an announcement.
The rot has got to stop at the Exeter match and the incomer wil need at least one day's training to get his (or her!) ideas across.

RE: Bookie's odds - slayer - 18-01-2023

CP? What a place to take the thread! Are you projecting?

RE: Bookie's odds - Kingo - 18-01-2023

(18-01-2023, 09:58 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Why are they still quoting McCann as third favourite? Is it for the likes of top tipsters like BlueArmy?

Anyway, today is surely the day for an announcement.
The rot has got to stop at the Exeter match and the incomer wil need at least one day's training to get his (or her!) ideas across.

Be good if we could get a win out of the Exeter game, cos the next two away games aren't very attractive.

RE: Bookie's odds - BigSmokeBlue - 18-01-2023

Michael Appleton sacked by Blackpool. How long before he makes an appearance on the odds checker for our next manager?

RE: Bookie's odds - mike hunt - 18-01-2023

Appleton along with Kevin Nolan of west ham now being touted. you pays your money and makes your choice.

RE: Bookie's odds - Tomsk - 18-01-2023

I'd rather have Cowley back than Appleton

RE: Bookie's odds - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 18-01-2023

(18-01-2023, 03:46 PM)Tomsk Wrote: I'd rather have Cowley back than Appleton

I wouldn’t. Lord Voldemort may just be what we need right now

RE: Bookie's odds - Pompeyg100 - 18-01-2023

His record is pretty grim.

RE: Bookie's odds - Tomsk - 18-01-2023

If we want to sit mid table and do pretty much feck all then he'd be perfect

RE: Bookie's odds - Kingo - 18-01-2023

That's the exact job description

RE: Bookie's odds - slayer - 18-01-2023

Appleton has had too many jobs and his WBA pipeline has dried up. His apples are sour now

Kevin Nolan mentioned in the Telegraph now

RE: Bookie's odds - fredscuttle`s hampton - 18-01-2023

(18-01-2023, 04:26 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Appleton has had too many jobs and his WBA pipeline has dried up. His apples are sour now

APPLETON did a great job at Lincoln taking the team to the play off final(beaten by blackpool) and all that done on a bag of tapwashers...lincoln were skint. 
He played the best brand of passing football i have seen for years and this was done with players who couldn`t trap a bag of cement...he had no choice or budget.
Contacts are still in  his book and he has links into Man city(lewis fiorinimorgan rogers) and picked up brennan johnson from forest plus brooke norton cuffy from ARSENAL(A SERIOUS TALENT).......david kerslake his sidekick.

Went out the door at Lincoln due to the wanky set up with the Dof ,JEZ GEORGE......sending the manager lads who he had scouted bit were not good enough and only ready for the scrapheap.

APPLETON has had a cancer scare (sorted)and his missus is northern based so might be difficult to persuade to go south......again.

With the kack currently lined up for the pompey job at the moment APPLETON IS CERTAINLY WORTH CONSIDERATION and he would unload the dross out of the squad in an instant.........only wants technical players not carthorses......see you Ragget?

(18-01-2023, 04:43 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote:
(18-01-2023, 04:26 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Appleton has had too many jobs and his WBA pipeline has dried up. His apples are sour now

APPLETON did a great job at Lincoln taking the team to the play off final(beaten by blackpool) and all that done on a bag of tapwashers...lincoln were skint. 
He played the best brand of passing football i have seen for years and this was done with players who couldn`t trap a bag of cement...he had no choice or budget.
Contacts are still in  his book and he has links into Man city(lewis fiorinimorgan rogers) and picked up brennan johnson from forest plus brooke norton cuffy from ARSENAL(A SERIOUS TALENT).......david kerslake his sidekick.

Went out the door at Lincoln due to the wanky set up with the Dof ,JEZ GEORGE......sending the manager lads who he had scouted bit were not good enough and only ready for the scrapheap.

APPLETON has had a cancer scare (sorted)and his missus is northern based so might be difficult to persuade to go south......again.

With the kack currently lined up for the pompey job at the moment APPLETON IS CERTAINLY WORTH CONSIDERATION and he would unload the dross out of the squad in an instant.........only wants technical players not carthorses......see you Ragget?

What about his time at Blackpool x 2 and Blackburn?

RE: Bookie's odds - Daniel - 18-01-2023

Manning would be a far better appointment then Appleton

RE: Bookie's odds - fredscuttle`s hampton - 18-01-2023

(18-01-2023, 05:11 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Appleton took the original blackpool job and the gig at blackburn both without doing due diligence on the owners,the venkys and the Oystons ,BOTH HEADCASE OWNERS.(UNDER THE Venkys blackburn had 5 managers over the period 2012/13....enough said about Oystons.

In the current situation Blackpool are shooting above their weight in the Champ and any promoted side from division one will have a hard task retaining their position expecially without any funds.....owners are smoking dope if they think they can retain their position in the Champ on fresh air ,in a division of big clubs willing to go into debt to the tune of 50 million plus trying to get to the holy grail.

RE: Bookie's odds - simonfkwit - 18-01-2023

Market closed again

(18-01-2023, 05:36 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote:
(18-01-2023, 05:11 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Appleton took the original blackpool job and the gig at blackburn both without doing due diligence on the owners,the venkys and the Oystons ,BOTH HEADCASE OWNERS.(UNDER THE Venkys blackburn had 5 managers over the period 2012/13....enough said about Oystons.

In the current situation Blackpool are shooting above their weight in the Champ and any promoted side from division one will have a hard task retaining their position expecially without any funds.....owners are smoking dope if they think they can retain their position in the Champ on fresh air ,in a division of big clubs willing to go into debt to the tune of 50 million plus trying to get to the holy grail.

Just bad luck then huh……