TrueBlueArmy Forums
Unacceptable fans behaviour - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Unacceptable fans behaviour (/showthread.php?tid=2197)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - BilltheCat - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 06:27 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: The vile abuse meted out to referees every single week by vast sections of our crowd was one of the reasons I gave up my season ticket. I don't want to be part of that.

I take your point. But if you're not joining in then you're not part of it, are you?

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - scouse - 01-09-2022

Pelting Northerners with house bricks? That's a bit harsh... Unless they're Mancs of course. You can pelt Mancs.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Jezzer - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 08:00 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 07:16 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: What about the burger van?

Jezebel is one of the "Johnny No Stars" in Mac D's - he really isn't very bright - he needs one of these   Idea
We're actually looking for a bog cleaner as it happens so why not send us over your CV?  It's only part time so you can work it around your crazy golf and flashing. We run a tight ship so there'll be no slacking when the shit hits the fan (it can happen with some of the more unruly customers )  but with the right attitude and keeping your trousers on, you could work your way up to Master Bog Cleaner in no time. We normally ask for a couple of references but in your case we'd better make it half a dozen - and we'll know if you're telling porkies, so keep it clean and honest. 

Scrape, scrape, polish, shine etc...

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - exterminator - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 09:56 PM)Jezzer Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 08:00 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 07:16 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: What about the burger van?

Jezebel is one of the "Johnny No Stars" in Mac D's - he really isn't very bright - he needs one of these   Idea
We're actually looking for a bog cleaner as it happens so why not send us over your CV?  It's only part time so you can work it around your crazy golf and flashing. We run a tight ship so there'll be no slacking when the shit hits the fan (it can happen with some of the more unruly customers )  but with the right attitude and keeping your trousers on, you could work your way up to Master Bog Cleaner in no time. We normally ask for a couple of references but in your case we'd better make it half a dozen - and we'll know if you're telling porkies, so keep it clean and honest. 

Scrape, scrape, polish, shine etc...

I was right about you being a " Johnny No Stars" then Jezebel, you really are just thick and stupid.   You obviously have a hard time reading posts so just for your simple mind here it is again.  

I fully retired  at rhe end of March - I don't need to work at all - I have no intentions of ever working again - comprende - my pensions and savings provide a pretty decemt income.   

I just laugh every time I pass Maccy Ds and see you poor burger flippers grafting away  - enjoy.  Big Grin

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Smirnoffexpress - 02-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 08:40 PM)scouse Wrote: Pelting Northerners with house bricks? That's a bit harsh... Unless they're Mancs of course. You can pelt Mancs.

You should also be allowed to upgrade to paving slabs when dealing with those from Yorkshire.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Ain’t got a Danny - 02-09-2022

Books. Geordie kryptonite.

(02-09-2022, 06:56 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: Don't forget Geordies and mackems. Pelt them with anything that stops them from speaking in that stupid accent.

In fairness the Geordies I’ve met have been great craic and Newcastle is a great night out,the mackems on the other hand, they need pelting with anthrax.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Hammie - 02-09-2022

just laugh every time I pass Maccy Ds and see you poor burger flippers grafting away - enjoy. Big Grin

I was a manager for McDonald's. one of the best employers I ever had. A very highly qualified work force too, most being students especially at weekends and evenings. I'd be a hell of a lot better off if I'd stayed with them, company car, best pension going and a Pensioner Gold Card to entitle me to a free meal anytime, anywhere in the world!

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - bluetagagain - 02-09-2022

I’ve lots of time for the Geordies / North East. We have a lot more in common with them than we have that lot down the road.
The scouse and brummie accents though, that’s another torture altogether.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Cressers - 02-09-2022

Don't we in Pompey have a unique accent?

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - 66zoolane - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 05:50 PM)Cressers Wrote: Don't we in Pompey have a unique accent?

That's a really good question. I'm from Portsmouth, moved away a long time and back, and I wouldn't be able to detect a Portsmouth accent. It's obviously southern but for uneducated ears, it's really similar to most of here to Dorset and up to southern Berks.

The 'burr' is almost gone here, but it's much more detectable the further west you go, then for reasons I can't understand (maybe coastal?), it's there in Suffolk and Norfolk.

That's probably a bizarre post on a thread about throwing things.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - exterminator - 02-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 04:09 PM)Hammie Wrote: just laugh every time I pass Maccy Ds and see you poor burger flippers grafting away  - enjoy.  Big Grin

I was a manager for McDonald's. one of the best employers I ever had. A very highly qualified work force too, most being students especially at weekends and evenings. I'd be a hell of a lot better off if I'd stayed with them, company car, best pension going and a Pensioner Gold Card to entitle me to a free meal anytime, anywhere in the world!

I feel sorry for you Hammie if you had the likes of  the "highly qualified  work force",   Dimbo, Isaac & Jezebel on your "Crew"   

No wonder you jacked it in - still at least be thankful that you'll live a few more years not filling your stomach with that "nourishing, healthy food" (greasy, unhealthy, sh!t).......

Here is a review I found about McD's  :- 

Staff are often said to have a "McJob". The Oxford English Dictionary defines the term, first used by the sociologist Amitai Etzioni in the Washington Post in 1986, as "an unstimulating, low-paid job with few prospects, especially one created by the expansion of the service sector".
Further popularised in the 1991 Douglas Coupland novel Generation X, it has become synonymous with low-grade work, particularly for young people.

Sounds a wonderful place to work for those "highly qualified students" Big Grin  

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - BilltheCat - 02-09-2022

Still not going to tell us what happened over at DogShitAlley, then?

(02-09-2022, 09:02 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: Still not going to tell us what happened over at DogShitAlley, then?

There was something decidedly odd about that site, hence me not using it.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Hammie - 03-09-2022

Back to the fan behaviour. What's the odds we all have to hand in our bottle tops again thanks to a couple of idiots. Back to taking a spare in my pocket it is!

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Cunninglinguist - 03-09-2022

Back to the dogshit alley question……

Has it gone? I never did go on there.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Hammie - 03-09-2022

(02-09-2022, 07:58 PM)66zoolane Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 05:50 PM)Cressers Wrote: Don't we in Pompey have a unique accent?

That's a really good question. I'm from Portsmouth, moved away a long time and back, and I wouldn't be able to detect a Portsmouth accent. It's obviously southern but for uneducated ears, it's really similar to most of here to Dorset and up to southern Berks.

The 'burr' is almost gone here, but it's much more detectable the further west you go, then for reasons I can't understand (maybe coastal?), it's there in Suffolk and Norfolk.

That's probably a bizarre post on a thread about throwing things.

oddly I was discussing this a couple of days ago. All my dad's relatives had that soft burr which was the true Pompey, not the mockney that seems to have taken over. Incidentally, all the women were absolutely tiny.

RE: Unacceptable fans behaviour - Northstander - 03-09-2022

Fawcett Road pronounced Fosset Road is one I've always recognised as being the Pompey way