TrueBlueArmy Forums
January window - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: January window (/showthread.php?tid=2391)

Pages: 1 2

RE: January window - ForeverPompey - 07-11-2022

Tunnicliffe has stepped up to the mark and done a job, albeit limited in it’s ambition. Good on him after being out of competitive football for so long. He is never a long term solution but I would never diss him for his efforts against the odds in the past few games. He never shied away. So for me he is a thank you and goodbye in jan.

RE: January window - Pedalo_menders - 07-11-2022

The 2 players that ideally will be off the books for me are: Freeman, Curtis

Somethings gone wrong if these two are on the pitch.

RE: January window - Daniel - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The 2 players that ideally will be off the books for me are: Freeman, Curtis

Curtis needs a run of games on the left his best position is in a 4231

Freeman needs to leave I would see if we can get a better loan in for koroma too!

RE: January window - DeepBlue - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 12:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The 2 players that ideally will be off the books for me are: Freeman, Curtis

Bit harsh on Curtis ... he is our top goalscorer this century which is not bad for a winger. 

But I'd agree he is out of form and needs to improve, but I'd rather see him start a game than Koroma at the moment.

RE: January window - slayer - 07-11-2022

Curtis gives a fuck. Koroma doesn't.

So it's Curtis for me every time at the moment.

RE: January window - Pompeyg100 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 01:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Curtis gives a fuck. Koroma doesn't.

So it's Curtis for me every time at the moment.

If only Curtis was as good as he thinks he is.

RE: January window - slayer - 07-11-2022

I think that goes for the pair of them mate

RE: January window - mikey393 - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 05:37 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 10:10 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 03:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 01:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Let's try to get both Carter & Hirst back on loan.

Checking out Blackburn both are Not playing much.

DC got the best out of Hirst 2nd half of last season & Carter looked very classy at our level.

Worth making an enquiry & sure DC is watching the situation.

What are you talking about ?   Carter has played in all 5 of their games in October, admittedly some as sub. 

Hirst may be more of a possibility if they returned him to Leicester, but I see no reason why they would want to do that when they are doing so well.  But I'm not sure we need him having signed Bishop & Scarlett & Pigott, and in any case we have no loan spots available in the team. Only if Scarlett got recalled would I see Hirst being a possibility.

Hayden Carter - Blackburn Rovers | Player Profile | Sky Sports Football
Or Harry McKirdy (ex Swindon) from Hibs. He’s not playing much either and you said he was good.
19 Goals in 35 Games for Swindon last season Not too shoddy is it even in Lge 2!

RE: January window - Hammie - 07-11-2022

regarding Scarlett, Hirst only found his feet scoring wise after christmas, there is every chance that Scarlett will do something similar

RE: January window - Cunninglinguist - 08-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 08:32 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 05:37 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 10:10 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 03:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 01:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Let's try to get both Carter & Hirst back on loan.

Checking out Blackburn both are Not playing much.

DC got the best out of Hirst 2nd half of last season & Carter looked very classy at our level.

Worth making an enquiry & sure DC is watching the situation.

What are you talking about ?   Carter has played in all 5 of their games in October, admittedly some as sub. 

Hirst may be more of a possibility if they returned him to Leicester, but I see no reason why they would want to do that when they are doing so well.  But I'm not sure we need him having signed Bishop & Scarlett & Pigott, and in any case we have no loan spots available in the team. Only if Scarlett got recalled would I see Hirst being a possibility.

Hayden Carter - Blackburn Rovers | Player Profile | Sky Sports Football
Or Harry McKirdy (ex Swindon) from Hibs. He’s not playing much either and you said he was good.
19 Goals in 35 Games for Swindon last season Not too shoddy is it even in Lge 2!
The stats are great.

But Hibs were the only interested party and since he went there…

Wtf goes to Hibs, anyway?

RE: January window - dsmg - 08-11-2022

Always liked Hibs since I was given their Subbuteo team as a nipper.

RE: January window - Smirnoffexpress - 08-11-2022

(08-11-2022, 07:01 AM)dsmg Wrote: Always liked Hibs since I was given their Subbuteo team as a nipper.

Hibs, just Celtic lite.

RE: January window - Cunninglinguist - 08-11-2022

HIB
ERN
IAN

Hibernian!

RE: January window - Cowespompey - 12-11-2022

Just at other teams out of favour injury prone players and that’s where our signings will come from

RE: January window - Richiethewhizz - 13-11-2022

I'd take Danny Mayor from Plymouth, although inured at present,he is out of contract in the summer,certainly a good technical player..would do a good job for Pompey Smile

RE: January window - Cunninglinguist - 13-11-2022

Based on those stats (they don’t always tell the whole story), I’d sooner keep Curtis.

RE: January window - Hammie - 13-11-2022

(13-11-2022, 04:07 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Based on those stats (they don’t always tell the whole story), I’d sooner keep Curtis
Many of us seem to underestimate him, compared to all the others we have tried on both wings, his stats are better than his performances at times perhaps?

RE: January window - mikey393 - 14-11-2022

As per every Season the window could make or break our season.

We've traded badly in the past & got in some bang average players.

It's very tricky trying to get in decent players who'll perform immediately.

Most who are available aren't performing for their current clubs.

I think that maybe DC should look for good technical, physical players who have fallen out of favour.

Also, we have a small war kitty from the Cup runs to date & hopefully look to increase that by the window.

If the owners want to show some commitment to getting out of the division they could match the money raised to give DC a decent amount for loan wages or new signings.

What does anyone think?

RE: January window - Cunninglinguist - 14-11-2022

(14-11-2022, 12:47 PM)mikey393 Wrote: As per every Season the window could make or break our season.

We've traded badly in the past & got in some bang average players.

It's very tricky trying to get in decent players who'll perform immediately.

Most who are available aren't performing for their current clubs.

I think that maybe DC should look for good technical, physical players who have fallen out of favour.

Also, we have a small war kitty from the Cup runs to date & hopefully look to increase that by the window.

If the owners want to show some commitment to getting out of the division they could match the money raised to give DC a decent amount for loan wages or new signings.

What does anyone think?
I think you should buy a ticket and then you could give us a proper match report. You last one was really good but it was so long ago!

I would be surprised if Cowley isn’t already identifying potential targets. 
We need a left winger and a right back, minimum. At least we’re not looking for a striker, this time.
I think you’re right, in that it’s probably fringe players we’re likely to get. A PL or Championship player would be favourite. I wouldn’t want someone who has had no chance of playing for their parent club.
A lot of it will be down to who is coming back from injury by January. We weren’t particularly light in any but the two areas already mentioned.