TrueBlueArmy Forums
Mingi - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Mingi (/showthread.php?tid=2980)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Mingi - briefcase_wanchor - 16-04-2023

Smacks to me of his agent advising him in December to reject the extension offer as he thought he could get him a move elsewhere on the back of some promising reviews. That's been scuppered by injury and a change in manager so he's trying to stir things up to get himself out of a hole. Regardless, the agent himself said the Jan offers were only twice as much as the 30k training compensation due, so we are not talking big money here either way.

RE: Mingi - Pompeyg100 - 16-04-2023

(15-04-2023, 10:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: He can’t play if he keeps making himself unavailable through so called niggly injuries

Yes he should absolutely defy the medical staff.

RE: Mingi - bluetagagain - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 01:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(15-04-2023, 10:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: He can’t play if he keeps making himself unavailable through so called niggly injuries

Smart arse, nobody suggested or said he was defying medical staff. However, if you care to read the article /reply that JM made about Mingi and his agent it seems to suggest that maybe these 'injuries' are quite what they seem or if at all.

(16-04-2023, 02:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote:
(16-04-2023, 01:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Smart arse, nobody suggested or said he was defying medical staff. However, if you care to read the article /reply that JM made about Mingi and his agent it seems to suggest that maybe these 'injuries' are quite what they seem or if at all.

I’ve read the articles but haven’t seen anything to suggest that.

If you can post a link to the one where someone seems to suggest something untoward is going on I’ll happily take a look.

You seem so clever I’ll let you read between the lines yourself.
BTW do you ever post an original topic yourself , your only input on here seems to be an argumentative one which unfortunately just makes you come across a bit of a petty dick.

(16-04-2023, 07:50 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: You seem so clever I’ll let you read between the lines yourself.
BTW do you ever post an original topic yourself , your only input on here seems to be an argumentative one which unfortunately just makes you come across a bit of a petty dick.

Where’s the link?

RE: Mingi - slayer - 16-04-2023

Must admit, also curious to read this because the article I saw in The News doesn't contain any of that

JM said Mingi wasn’t available for selection yet his agent said he was. JM then stated that Mingi had only played 1 game since JM was here and hadn’t seen enough of him in training .

“We really want to see him back fully fit – and that’s a challenge for him. He must make sure he’s able to do that over the final four weeks of the season.

“I’ve seen glimpses of the best of him in training, definitely, but the best of Jay would ultimately be out here on the pitch and we’ve not been able to see that. Although it was his first game back for quite a while, at Bournemouth [a 5-2 defeat in the Hampshire Senior Cup] we didn’t quite see that and we need to get him fit and out there if possible.

“In terms of whether I want to keep Jay, we must have the conversation towards the back end of the season because we just haven’t seen enough of him.

“Ultimately, we need to see him on the pitch to make that decision. So it’s one I couldn’t give you an answer on right now.”

Reading between the lines it would seem to suggest that JM is suggesting that Mingi isn’t fit or is injured yet his agent says otherwise. There’s been nothing in the weekly progress reports recently that says Mingi is injured.
So either JM is lying or Mingi’s agent is.
I know who I believe, it’s up to others to make there own minds up.

RE: Mingi - stayinupforever - 17-04-2023

Sounds like we could see another footballer's career blighted by a greedy agent.

RE: Mingi - Pompeyg100 - 17-04-2023

I can’t see what you’re reading between the lines.

RE: Mingi - Hammie - 17-04-2023

If h has had injuries, he might be trying to get a contract at the wrong time from us with such a poor squad injury record this season.

RE: Mingi - Pompeyg100 - 17-04-2023

(17-04-2023, 07:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: If h has had injuries, he might be trying to get a contract at the wrong time from us with such a poor squad injury record this season.

He’s got a 3 year contract waiting for him to sign.