TrueBlueArmy Forums
Oxford - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Oxford (/showthread.php?tid=2989)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Oxford - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 18-04-2023

That’s the catch 22. Maybe we just play the long game and keep going as we are and when all the big spenders go bankrupt we just mop up all the talent for bargain prices and cruise into the Championship virtually unopposed

RE: Oxford - dsmg - 18-04-2023

Couldn't have complained if they'd scored six. They missed several open goals.

RE: Oxford - Ain’t got a Danny - 18-04-2023

Just heard the Mousinho post match interview.

It’s becoming like one of those films where the droid keeps making a comeback, terminator 2. You burn it, stab it, boil it, nuke it but it’s still alive.

The bullshit zombie that was Cowley has regenerated into another corporate speak droid boring us all into a slow death.

RE: Oxford - Hammie - 18-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 09:43 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: Just heard the Mousinho post match interview.

It’s becoming like one of those  films where the droid keeps making a comeback, terminator 2. You burn it, stab it, boil it, nuke it but it’s still alive.

The bullshit zombie that was Cowley has regenerated into another corporate speak droid boring us all into a slow death.

interspersed by Pack spouting more of the same

and various other players over the last 3 or 4 years stating how they've talked about how they will do better

Mousinho stated that he thought that we were ‘excellent’ in the first half. That’s not exactly the word I would have used

Excrement in both halves barring the goal

RE: Oxford - BilltheCat - 18-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 09:43 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: Just heard the Mousinho post match interview.

It’s becoming like one of those  films where the droid keeps making a comeback, terminator 2. You burn it, stab it, boil it, nuke it but it’s still alive.

I stopped watching his interviews weeks ago - a man devoid of any charisma at all.

Looking at his recent team selections I, too, question if he really knows what he's doing. (If Towler is fit why is he playing Bernard instead)?

RE: Oxford - Hammie - 18-04-2023

I really hope that he is resting Towler to have a look at the others, I can't see it but maybe we have a chance of buying Bernard?
But the constant defensive changes make it difficult to build a team on a solid base.

I remember when Paul Cook was manager he used to send Leam Richardson out to do the interviews. Probably because he knew he might say the wrong words as he’s a passionate bloke. Something this club sorely lacks right now

I think Harry used to send out Joe Jordan in the same way. Someone cool calm and collected while he does the business of flying off the handle in the dressing room

RE: Oxford - Cleaver Greene - 19-04-2023

(18-04-2023, 10:49 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: I remember when Paul Cook was manager he used to send Leam Richardson out to do the interviews. Probably because he knew he might say the wrong words as he’s a passionate bloke. Something this club sorely lacks right now

More like no one could understand what he has saying unless you came from Liverpool.

RE: Oxford - Cleaver Greene - 19-04-2023

I just watched the highlights. Their goal should never have stood. The ball at the corner was not in the quadrant. The lino always checks, but only on the side they are at, who checks the other side?
Oh, and the marking for their player who scored the header was non-existant.

RE: Oxford - firqdays - 19-04-2023

That was a slow, awful, painful watch , similar to a nagging tooth ache.

As mentioned above PLEASE can we, now, avoid the players apologies/we will do better/make it up to the fans/they deserve better..... ad infinitum .

We all see different things in a game, however, I winced when Tunni went anywhere near the ball, and Rafferty started to have the same effect.

Oh dear, but where there is life there is hope !

RE: Oxford - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 07:50 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: I just watched the highlights. Their goal should never have stood. The ball at the corner was not in the quadrant. The lino always checks, but only on the side they are at, who checks the other side?
Oh, and the marking for their player who scored the header was non-existant.

None of their corners were in the quadrant and the ref and lino’s didn’t do anything about it the whole match. Didn’t excuse our poor marking but yeah the goal shouldn’t have stood

RE: Oxford - blueandwight - 19-04-2023

Even the old guy in America is getting in on the act, tweeting his dissatisfaction with current form.
Mousinho had better look out! Hope Eisner kept a copy for himself.

RE: Oxford - Roybatty - 19-04-2023

The expectations will be the undoing of mousinho, he has bitten off more than he can chew for his first job in management,seems like the fans aren't going to be as patient with him,as they were with the chuckle brothers, already booing during the game last night.

I won't blame him if it doesn't work out,the blame will lay with the two clowns that appointed him

RE: Oxford - firqdays - 19-04-2023

Derby Co could be embarrassing - well, having said that, last night could have been embarrassing if Oxford had taking their many unchallenged attempts on goal .

RE: Oxford - Pompeyg100 - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 09:25 AM)Roybatty Wrote: The expectations will be the undoing of mousinho, he has bitten off more than he can chew for his first job in management,seems like the fans aren't going to be as patient with him,as they were with the chuckle brothers, already booing during the game last night.

I won't blame him if it doesn't work out,the blame will lay with the two clowns that appointed him

McKenna doing ok for his first job in management playing in front of bigger crowds with the same expectations.

JM has little choice in the players he picks and has done a lot better than DC did with them.

It will be his team next season and has until Xmas to prove himself.

RE: Oxford - Jizbag - 19-04-2023

(19-04-2023, 10:20 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(19-04-2023, 09:25 AM)Roybatty Wrote: The expectations will be the undoing of mousinho, he has bitten off more than he can chew for his first job in management,seems like the fans aren't going to be as patient with him,as they were with the chuckle brothers, already booing during the game last night.

McKenna doing ok for his first job in management playing in front of bigger crowds with the same expectations.

JM has little choice in the players he picks and has done a lot better than DC did with them.

It will be his team next season and has until Xmas to prove himself.

McKenna was first team coach at Man U! We have a set piece coach from Oxford!

RE: Oxford - briefcase_wanchor - 19-04-2023

"McKenna was first team coach at Man U! We have a set piece coach from Oxford!"

Bit ironic then that he could not train his current players to defend against one of his former players set-pieces.