TrueBlueArmy Forums
Player Ratings - Stevenage - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Player Ratings - Stevenage (/showthread.php?tid=3723)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - essentialmix75 - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 08:38 PM)Deebo Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 07:34 PM)Lawrence Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 07:05 PM)Deebo Wrote: I read a lot of these posts and think we actually deserved Marquis. Bishop came back from a bad injury and struggled for a bit of form and the moaners were straight in his back. Back to his best first half linked play superbly and a great goal. You can tell how pissed off he is by his reaction when he scored. There aren’t many if any cfs better than him in this division. Never gets any support from the refs either. Be careful what you wish for moaners or he’ll be off to the first offer that comes in. And it will.

The sign of a good player is responding to the criticism in the right way. Having said that, I do think he was brought back too early from thst injury given some of the more winnable opposition we had over Christmas. We hardly used yenghi when there was an opportunity to give him a bit of a run and give Bishop a rest.

Bishop had a really good 45 mins today but was poor at Exeter. What's wrong with saying that?

He has been our best centre forward for years and had a dip in form after a bad injury and people jumped on his back, mainly led by scummer Titchfield Blue and the sheep followed. He was no worse than anybody else in those games and the service to him was appalling. You can say what you like, I couldn’t give a fuck but don’t squeal and call him disloyal if he fucks off.

He's not fit to shine Pitman shoes..... Talking silly!.

And f*ck him if he leaves, nothing special in league one, Championship defenders are a whole different level ask Jonson Clarke-Harris.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Hammie - 01-01-2024

he lacks the pace that would take him to the next level. If we can use him to put in those with pace as we did today then he is much more valuable to the team. add that to his goals and you have a promotion striker I would think.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - bluetagagain - 01-01-2024

Ipswich aren’t having any problems with their L1 players

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - essentialmix75 - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 09:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Ipswich aren’t having any problems with their L1 players

They have hit a bit of a bad patch like us up to today. Hopefully they pick back up again and keep the scummers in the Championship for us next season.

Come on Conor.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Lawrence - 01-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 07:05 PM)Deebo Wrote: I read a lot of these posts and think we actually deserved Marquis. Bishop came back from a bad injury and struggled for a bit of form and the moaners were straight in his back. Back to his best first half linked play superbly and a great goal. You can tell how pissed off he is by his reaction when he scored. There aren’t many if any cfs better than him in this division. Never gets any support from the refs either. Be careful what you wish for moaners or he’ll be off to the first offer that comes in. And it will.

The sign of a good player is responding to the criticism in the right way. Having said that, I do think he was brought back too early from thst injury given some of the more winnable opposition we had over Christmas. We hardly used yenghi when there was an opportunity to give him a bit of a run and give Bishop a rest.

Bishop had a really good 45 mins today but was poor at Exeter. What's wrong with saying that?

Everybody was poor at Exeter. Why single him out? He has been our best centre forward for years and had a dip in form after a bad injury and people jumped on his back, mainly led by scummer Titchfield Blue and the sheep followed. He was no worse than anybody else in those games and the service to him was appalling. You can say what you like, I couldn’t give a fuck but don’t squeal and call him disloyal if he fucks off.

For my part, I only singled put Bishop because i was replying to a post relating to Bishop. The rest of the team didn't do well either. And I doubt Titchfield troll has that much influence on pompey opinions (i hope!!

A few people have suggested that maybe Bishop doesn't have to play ever minute of every game. There have been no anti bish chants and i was unaware of any fuss really. Me thinks The Bish has a rather thin skin. In fact, he's done that reaction when scoring before so if the doubters spur him on that way it's a good thing.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Cowespompey - 01-01-2024

Everybody was poor at Exeter. Why single him out? He has been our best centre forward for years and had a dip in form after a bad injury and people jumped on his back, mainly led by scummer Titchfield Blue and the sheep followed. He was no worse than anybody else in those games and the service to him was appalling. You can say what you like, I couldn’t give a fuck but don’t squeal and call him disloyal if he fucks off.
He wasn’t singled out but he’s the only one who’s taken it personally

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - DeepBlue - 02-01-2024

(01-01-2024, 11:50 PM)Cowespompey Wrote:

He wasn’t singled out but he’s the only one who’s taken it personally

I don't do Twitter but apparently some of the stuff aimed at Bishop on there was extremely nasty and vicious and personal and he was very much singled out.  He is not complaining about people who say things like he was a bit poor in a game, no player would and he himself admits  that he has less effective games.  

What players don't seem to realise is that a large proportion of stuff on social media comes from opposition fans, or armchair fans that don't attend matches and just like jumping on bandwagons.  

Personally if I was a football manager I would ban all my players from having social media accounts.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - dsmg - 02-01-2024

Like Titchfield

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Deebo - 02-01-2024

Armchair fan being the operative word when it comes to clueless Cowes. There are others who have taken criticism personally as well and that’s the moaners who have had their shit thrown back at them by a simple gesture and can’t hack it. So the critics of the "squinny" have become the squinniers themselves. Which is quite ironic and funny as well. And as for not being singled out — Kamara misses three one-on-ones in the same game and not a peep from the Bishop Bashers. Selective memories.

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - bluetagagain - 02-01-2024

Oh err missus, Bishop Bashers

RE: Player ratings, Stevenage - Deebo - 02-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 01:42 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Oh err missus, Bishop Bashers

Titter ye not.