TrueBlueArmy Forums
Colby Bishop - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Colby Bishop (/showthread.php?tid=3815)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Colby Bishop - TitchfieldBlue - 21-01-2024

Colby will score goals if he gets service.

He doesn't make goals for himself, which is what top strikers do, i.e players at the top end of the championship and in the prem.

That's why he is in league one.  He needs service and will score goals for sure. 

I am sure he will reach 20 league goals for this season. He is on 13 now I think.

RE: Colby Bishop - Pedalo_menders - 21-01-2024

He is in a rutt at the moment and sadly, instead of using the crowd to help him, he's driven a wedge. Not every player gets his own song and this one doesn't seem to appreciate it. 

Shame really. 

He is a quality player at L1 standard and will hopefully go on another scoring spree. Just needs to find that purple patch again... and he will.

RE: Colby Bishop - Gerry Hatrick - 22-01-2024

(21-01-2024, 01:26 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(21-01-2024, 12:48 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: What abuse did his family get?

I don't know exactly, but it was bad enough for other team members to show it to him when he hadnt seen it himself.

And there you have it.....not a shred of evidence for that nonsense claim.
Colby had had some criticism - criticism, not abuse. If it were 'abuse' let's see the evidence of what falls under that heading.

RE: Colby Bishop - Deebo - 22-01-2024

Well what constitutes “abuse”, “slander” or “criticism” is open to individual interpretation but the fact is that the player isn’t happy and that’s my concern. His perceived treatment has affected his form to the detriment of the team. You can carry on arguing semantics until you’re blue in the face but it’s not going to change how he feels. I’m more interested In getting his form and the team’s back on track because without him playing to the best of his ability for the rest of the season you can forget automatic promotion. It probably means accepting his poor run of form and giving him time to get back in the groove. Actually, at this moment in time there’s no other choice. And if you believe that all contact in this instance has been fair and justified criticism you’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

RE: Colby Bishop - Theyak2 - 22-01-2024

How many times in life does a footballer get to hear the roar of 20000 fans?
How many of those 20000 do you think said something bad about his family?
Were they even Pompey fans?
Is it fair that he takes out his angst on the 99.99% of adoring fans including children by his flippant displays of emotion?
I'm not sure it is
By all means call them out in interview but on the pitch you wear the colour of Pompey FC. You are paid by our money and you celebrate with us. It shows strength and unity.
He has acted in a way that does cast thoughts on whether he wants to be here.
Does he think he is too good for us or is he engineering a move back north.
This is what his behaviour calls into question.
I for one have appreciated his effort and no short amount of skill, the Bolton backheel will live long in my memory.
But he does seem to be suffering with a confidence problem at present snatching at easy headers for him normally. He could have yhe crowd onside and backing him but instead he wears the pressure badly and seemingly with less support from the terraces.

RE: Colby Bishop - slayer - 22-01-2024

The Fratton crowd have been unwavering in their support. We sing his name every week!

RE: Colby Bishop - kindofblue - 22-01-2024

Just illustrates the evil of most social media- full of no mates keyboard tappers venting their spleen on the world left right and centre. Part of me says footballers should just ignore it altogether , but that's not easy when you know there are people out there commenting on you.
What a sad world.

RE: Colby Bishop - Lawrence - 22-01-2024

(22-01-2024, 03:18 PM)kindofblue Wrote: Just illustrates the evil of most social media- full of no mates keyboard tappers venting their spleen on the world left right and centre. Part of me says footballers should just ignore it altogether , but that's not easy when you know there are people out there commenting on you.
What a sad world.

The News hasn't really helped by stirring it up. Even Bishop himself said that 95% of the crowd were behind him. Any player that reads these messageboards is a fecking idiot. I just think he's the first "name" to wilt under the pressure of our poor form. I also think he wants given the time to fully recover from his injury (when we had the cover there).

Bishop cupping his ear to the group is nothing new. He did it last year when we played Bolton and he's done it before. He nicked it from Curtis who also used to do that.

RE: Colby Bishop - Daniel - 27-01-2024

So far poor again.

RE: Colby Bishop - FiftyYearsOn - 27-01-2024

haven't heard his name this half. His fault or the team's?

RE: Colby Bishop - DeepBlue - 27-01-2024

Sounds on the radio like he's having a decent enough game ... several favourable comments from Guy Whittingham. Header under pressure from two defenders forcing a ggod save form the keeper, and a couple of good balls while breaking forward.

We seem to have no one in the squad that knows where the goal is. Bishop hasn't scored for ages. Desperately need a striker this window. it might be too late for us by the time Yengi returns. Hoping this prompts us to score....

is this it........ yesss phew. well done CB holding his nerve

RE: Colby Bishop - DeepBlue - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 04:42 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: We seem to have no one in the squad that knows where the goal is. Bishop hasn't scored for ages. Desperately need a striker this window. it might be too late for us by the time Yengi returns. Hoping this prompts us to score....

Bishop's got three goals in the last 5 weeks .... not that bad.

RE: Colby Bishop - farq2 - 27-01-2024

held his nerve under massive pressure

open play...not many.

RE: Colby Bishop - Deebo - 27-01-2024

He only scores penalties. According to some on here they don’t count.

RE: Colby Bishop - Hammie - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 05:07 PM)Deebo Wrote: He only scores penalties. According to some on here they don’t count.

when you win one nil, they seem to make quite a difference.
certainly cost a port vale fan his season ticket and his club a very large fine!

RE: Colby Bishop - foxleyblue - 27-01-2024

The  pen was hit hard this time, not like the dribble last time that was saved
Keep belting them, Colby Wink

RE: Colby Bishop - D'Alessandro dreaming - 27-01-2024

(27-01-2024, 05:03 PM)farq2 Wrote: held his nerve under massive pressure

Hopefully that properly gets him going again. We need him desperately to be at his best.

RE: Colby Bishop - foxleyblue - 27-01-2024

Yes, and you could see how much that meant to him at the crowd.

RE: Colby Bishop - Hammie - 27-01-2024

Watch a lot of videos of the great Liverpool side getting in the box and avoiding getting corners.
Then some of Hilaire being "flattened"

Then tell the players that any sideways passes on the edge of the box will get an instant substitution.
30 goals for Bishop.