TrueBlueArmy Forums
The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. (/showthread.php?tid=4086)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Slagger - 01-04-2024

The teams below Derby will want us to win to increase their chances of grabbing the remaining automatic promotion spot. Far more pressure on Derby than us. I may be stating the bleeding obvious…

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - stayinupforever - 01-04-2024

2-1 to us.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - D'Alessandro dreaming - 01-04-2024

Derby will be a lot more interested in today's games than us I feel. Ian Evatt at Bolton has described his current injury situation as 'going into battle with a water pistol rather than an armada'. I don't remember my parents ever spending three quarters of a million on a water pistol for me when I was little. I would be pretty annoyed if a Pompey manager came out with that.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - FiftyYearsOn - 01-04-2024

Agree, and the players filling the gaps must be impressed by what their manager thinks of them.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Cunninglinguist - 01-04-2024

(01-04-2024, 08:46 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Home win.
It's not decisive for us.
It is for them. Lose and they can kiss goodbye to the title and will look over their shoulders.
It all depends on Bolton's result today.
If they beat Reading, then it's game on.
Paul Warne's brand of football will get him relieved of his job even if Derby go up.
He is that negative.
If we can score early Derby will have to come out and play.
I read on their site of several fans not 'impressed' with us, where have we heard that before?
We walked out of theirs with a point that our play deserved 3 on the day really.
Tomorrow is our chance to ease that weight of expectation on the team.
The fans will do us proud. Derby are going to walk into a bear pit of a stadium tomorrow and they know it.
Let's not disappoint them.
 Not impressed with us?

Must be very disappointed with themselves then.

I want to hammer them into the ground and potentially ruin their chances of automatic promotion now.

Come on, Bolton!

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Tomsk - 01-04-2024

A Reading, Burton and Leyton O win today would be fan dabi dozi.
It would help settle the ticker a bit too.

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - FiftyYearsOn - 01-04-2024

Not started well for that scenario...

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - Tomsk - 01-04-2024

Yeah so I see  Undecided

RE: The Dramatic, Decisive, Destiny Defining Duel against Derby. - TareeDawg - 01-04-2024

(01-04-2024, 12:26 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 08:46 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Home win.
It's not decisive for us.
It is for them. Lose and they can kiss goodbye to the title and will look over their shoulders.
It all depends on Bolton's result today.
If they beat Reading, then it's game on.
Paul Warne's brand of football will get him relieved of his job even if Derby go up.
He is that negative.
If we can score early Derby will have to come out and play.
I read on their site of several fans not 'impressed' with us, where have we heard that before?
We walked out of theirs with a point that our play deserved 3 on the day really.
Tomorrow is our chance to ease that weight of expectation on the team.
The fans will do us proud. Derby are going to walk into a bear pit of a stadium tomorrow and they know it.
Let's not disappoint them.
 Not impressed with us?

Must be very disappointed with themselves then.

I want to hammer them into the ground and potentially ruin their chances of automatic promotion now.

Come on, Bolton!

2-0 and a penalty miss. Pompey have to make this a statement game. Nothing else.

Couple of useful goals just before half time.

boo... pen Bolton