TrueBlueArmy Forums
Totally unacceptable - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Totally unacceptable (/showthread.php?tid=3305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Totally unacceptable - kindofblue - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 06:42 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 05:01 PM)kindofblue Wrote: At heart football is supposed to be entertaining. There's something a bit wrong when games just give you frustration and narcolepsy. The most exciting thing about Saturday was the officials getting crocked.

We've been in this wretched division for so long I'm long finished with 'entertainment'. For me it's now all about results.

.....but we got boring and a dropped two points on Saturday.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Pompeyg100 - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 09:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(20-08-2023, 06:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-08-2023, 04:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: This is already looking like a repeat of last season. Drawing games at home which we should be winning. Fortunately, other teams at the top lost but that doesn't hide the fact that we messed up at home again.

Cheltenham came with a defensive plan for a point & achieved it.
We ran out of ideas quickly & had No Plan 'B'.

No I didn't go yesterday although I was offered a seat at too late a stage.
I listened to Guy & Andy Moon on iFollow radio coverage & really glad I didn't go!

The team isn't as good as last year I believe after ME stating he was prepared to spend on the team.
Most of the new recruits are on Frees & the 2 loans look good but probably Not on massive wages.

The formation is too defensive for Home Games  & away games against weaker opponents.
Bishop is a 20+ goal striker but needs support & Not convinced Saydee has enough quality to score 10+ goals.

Hopefully, more funds are available to strenthen the team before the transfer window shuts & also in January for a final push for promotion.

How do you know all this without watching the games?
I saw enough watching the Exeter game on Sky to ascertain the player quality.
It's overall Not good enough in my humble opinion.

Hmmm, how do you know about away games then?

So from 1 game you know the team isn’t as good as last season which are also judging on a what a handful of games at best?

RE: Totally unacceptable - Cunninglinguist - 21-08-2023

(20-08-2023, 04:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: This is already looking like a repeat of last season. Drawing games at home which we should be winning. Fortunately, other teams at the top lost but that doesn't hide the fact that we messed up at home again.

I listened to Guy & Andy Moon on iFollow radio coverage & really glad I didn't go!

The team isn't as good as last year I believe after ME stating he was prepared to spend on the team.
Most of the new recruits are on Frees & the 2 loans look good but probably Not on massive wages.

The formation is too defensive for Home Games  & away games against weaker opponents.
Bishop is a 20+ goal striker but needs support & Not convinced Saydee has enough quality to score 10+ goals.

Hopefully, more funds are available to strenthen the team before the transfer window shuts & also in January for a final push for promotion.

You really didn’t see enough because we actually looked ok in that game.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Pompeyg100 - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 09:44 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

He will never learn.

RE: Totally unacceptable - mikey393 - 22-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 09:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

He will never learn.
We looked o.k. for most of the game but you could still see the cracks mainly in midfield & No support upfront for Bishop.
I'm sure Blue Army currently Sydney would set you straight there. I am impressed with Regan Poole though looks class at this level.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Hammie - 22-08-2023

(22-08-2023, 05:03 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 09:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-08-2023, 06:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: How do you know all this without watching the games?

He will never learn.
We looked o.k. for most of the game but you could still see the cracks mainly in midfield & No support upfront for Bishop.
I'm sure Blue Army currently Sydney would set you straight there. I am impressed with Regan Poole though looks class at this level.
although he might want to be careful about getting caught out of position when he goes for a wander

RE: Totally unacceptable - TheSyrup - 26-08-2023

I watched the first half on I follow and was so fcuking bored that I went and jet washed the patio.
They are as dull as dishwater and won’t be going anywhere.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Hammie - 26-08-2023

/i keep falling sleep during the radio coverage, not the most entertaining team I have listened to/watched.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Pedalo_menders - 26-08-2023

2nd half was a bit more entertaining but yes, I agree we are boring as fook to watch for the most part. Far too predictable. 

We do seem to be a bit more solid than before but we are desperate for creativity. We have not adequately replaced Jacobs yet.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Jizbag - 27-08-2023

Our set pieces are shit, we have no threat from corners and I don't even recall a decent one put in yesterday.

Ponderous, slow, predictable..but we have a solid defence. Great!!

Fuck off Moushino.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Cunninglinguist - 27-08-2023

(26-08-2023, 11:53 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: 2nd half was a bit more entertaining but yes, I agree we are boring as fook to watch for the most part. Far too predictable. 

We do seem to be a bit more solid than before but we are desperate for creativity. We have not adequately replaced Jacobs yet.

Curious. I enjoyed the first half more. I especially enjoyed Camara’s performance.

RE: Totally unacceptable - mikey393 - 27-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 09:38 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

So from 1 game you know the team isn’t as good as last season which are also judging on a what a handful of games at best?

I listen to the radio & get a pretty good idea. Also friend who's a season ticket holder who gives feedback.

You don't attend away games do you?

Just watch the poor coverage on iFollow TV.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Pompeyg100 - 27-08-2023

(27-08-2023, 05:47 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

I listen to the radio & get a pretty good idea. Also friend who's a season ticket holder who gives feedback.

I watch the games that’s right, you don’t even bother. So your opinions you post aren’t even your opinions?

What’s so poor about the ifollow coverage?

RE: Totally unacceptable - Hammie - 27-08-2023

(27-08-2023, 06:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(20-08-2023, 06:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: How do you know all this without watching the games?

I watch the games that’s right, you don’t even bother. So your opinions you post aren’t even your opinions?

Hopefully the TV coverage will eventually be handed to the clubs who can improve it if they wish, provided that the "fans" will pay for it.
Those of us who grew up waiting for teletext to click around 32 subpages are probably content with the iplayer coverage!

RE: Totally unacceptable - Pompeyg100 - 27-08-2023

(27-08-2023, 06:17 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(27-08-2023, 06:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 09:21 PM)mikey393 Wrote: I saw enough watching the Exeter game on Sky to ascertain the player quality.

Hopefully the TV coverage will eventually be handed to the clubs who can improve it if they wish, provided that the "fans" will pay for it.
Those of us who grew up waiting for teletext to click around 32 subpages are probably content with the iplayer coverage!

I doubt he’s ever watched ifollow, gets his beloved radio commentary whilst being able to watch it, how bad can it really be?!

RE: Totally unacceptable - mikey393 - 28-08-2023

Maybe if we get into the Championship & get some decent sponsorship deals we can have Pompey TV. If that were the case I'd subscribe as I'd know the money was going to the club.
I get the impression that you just like to argue with anyone who doesn't agree with you. We are all entitled to our opinions on here Not just you.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Cunninglinguist - 28-08-2023

Pompey earn revenue from iFollow. Surely the aim is to watch Pompey play. I am at a loss as to why you don’t want to contribute to Pompey’s coffers and watch your team play.

RE: Totally unacceptable - mikey393 - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 12:20 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Pompey earn revenue from iFollow. Surely the aim is to watch Pompey play. I am at a loss as to why you don’t want to contribute to Pompey’s coffers and watch your team play.

Because I'm quite often doing other things so listening to the radio which I pay for suits me better.

i hope that's o.k.?

RE: Totally unacceptable - Cunninglinguist - 29-08-2023

So what is it that are you going to stop doing when Pompey TV start up that you can’t stop doing now? It’s only a couple of hours, out of your retirement from the marketing world.

I hope that question’s ok.

RE: Totally unacceptable - TheSyrup - 29-08-2023

Sideways, Sideways, back , forward, Sideways, back, forward, lose the Ball
Repeat for the rest of the game.
Very poor indeed

RE: Totally unacceptable - FiftyYearsOn - 29-08-2023

not watching today. Is it last saturday and the one before repeated but with different players? Dear God and someone interviewed after the last game said the crowd needed to be more patient while we play sideways until an opening presents itself... hmmm when will that be then?

RE: Totally unacceptable - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-08-2023

More one up front garbage. That’s totally unacceptable

RE: Totally unacceptable - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-08-2023

May as well have Kenny Jackett back

RE: Totally unacceptable - Hammie - 29-08-2023

What is it about continually doing the same thing over and over again hoping something will change ?

God, I hope that the modern fixation on playing out and one up front has run its course, soon, soon soon,

RE: Totally unacceptable - Ain’t got a Danny - 29-08-2023

Mousinho will either turn it around and do well or carry on down the same shite path failing to score or win games and end up like Cowley. He’ll be sacked for receiving dogs abuse which the Eisners don’t like to hear because they know it’ll be them next.