TrueBlueArmy Forums
Totally unacceptable - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Totally unacceptable (/showthread.php?tid=3305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Totally unacceptable - TheSyrup - 29-08-2023

Pompey still Parking the Bus against 10 Peterborough players nobody has ever heard of.
Pathetic waste of our money

RE: Totally unacceptable - Ain’t got a Danny - 29-08-2023

Snatched shit from the jaws of victory.

RE: Totally unacceptable - FiftyYearsOn - 29-08-2023

Morrell pen miss (plus kamara) and that's that. Didn't see it but I'm guessing no one who did is all that impressed.

RE: Totally unacceptable - D'Alessandro dreaming - 29-08-2023

This has a horribly similar feeling to that week in January when we went out of a cup competition to Bolton's reserves in then got absolutely stuffed by their first team in the league days later. Mousinho has to find a way to get some feel good factor back.

RE: Totally unacceptable - TheSyrup - 29-08-2023

The Dinlo manager has just announced that he was delighted with the performance.
The mind boggles

RE: Totally unacceptable - Hammie - 29-08-2023

FA coaching manual and FA book of quotes.
Does that count as an unbeaten game?

RE: Totally unacceptable - Ain’t got a Danny - 29-08-2023

Buy cheap buy twice.

RE: Totally unacceptable - Kingo - 29-08-2023

Now we've lost, perhaps we could try playing to win, rather than playing to not lose.

The problem is that I can't really see how we are trying to get goals beyond 'keep it tight at the back and the chances will come'. Mousinho looks a bit vulnerable already I have to say. Michael Eisner took the rare and extraordinary step last season of tweeting his disappointment after a crap performance (was it against Oxford?). I think that suggests that he's not exactly convinced by the style of play.

I still think he probably needs more time but I have had the feeling for a while that he is a makeshift manager until someone else comes along. If we get some impressive wins in September then all that pressure goes away again. I'm just not sure where that is coming from right now. I haven't gone fully negative by any means. I still have confidence in most of the signings, even those that haven't fired yet like Whyte and Scully. I think it is a stronger squad than last season. I'm a whole lot less convinced that Mousinho will get the best out of them. He did bring us some much needed stability last year when we looked like an absolute basket case of a team but I am struggling to imagine him being here at the end of the season.

RE: Totally unacceptable - dsmg - 29-08-2023

That was a draw, 13 of em now on our best ever unbeaten run

RE: Totally unacceptable - Jizbag - 29-08-2023

Moushino is crap. Get rid. Eisner needs to understand you have to spend money to get out of this league or at least have an excellent manager, we have neither.

(29-08-2023, 09:30 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Moushino is crap. Get rid. Eisner needs to understand you have to spend money to get out of this league or at least have an excellent manager, we have neither.

He's not going to throw the kind of huge money at the squad. Sustainability is the byword. I'm a big supporter of that philosophy onnthe whole but there does need to be more of an identity on the pitch and that comes from the manager. When Moushinho was appointed, I don't personally feel that any of the other options were very attractive. Chris Wilder was the standout name obviously but he is a bit of a busted flush in my opinion. Should have been Pompey manager about a decade ago when we instead went for Catlin's mate Richie Barker but not now. The other names just didn't interest me at all.

Next time I think they will have to go for someone more experienced.

RE: Totally unacceptable - blueandwight - 29-08-2023

(19-08-2023, 05:27 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: Fcuking poor performance against 2 bob bunch of minnows.
1 up front at home again, no pace,  guile or skill.
The players we have signed to give us width are definitely no better than the rubbish we have just got rid of.
The management team appear to be out of their depth.
We need players who can play under the pressure that comes with representing a club like Pompey.
Knee jerk, I don’t think so.

An extraordinarily accurate assessment as it applies to Saturday before last, last Saturday and tonight.
Especially when it involves to two of the worst teams in the league and reserve side that played the last half hour with ten men.
If we had an ambitious dynamic owner looking at the end of last season and the start of this season then I think that Mousinho should start to worry...but we haven't so he's got no need to worry at all.