TrueBlueArmy Forums
Euro 2024 / England tournament thread - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Euro 2024 / England tournament thread (/showthread.php?tid=4307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Euro 2024 Tournament - Hammie - 20-06-2024

Having grown up with England never getting to any tournaments, I'll settle for qualifying from the usually boring group stage and going for proper cup games.

RE: Euro 2024 Tournament - Smirnoffexpress - 20-06-2024

(20-06-2024, 05:02 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Just came on here to have a look and I can't tell you how much I agree.
Southgate is like Kenny Jackett. Nice man but crap as a manager. So fecking boring!
We have brilliant players and he somehow makes them look fecking shit.

Southgate has not a clue.

RE: England - Yobster1 - 20-06-2024

Playing with the handbrake on as Wenger used to say.Bellingham barely broke into a trot tonight .AA is not a midfield player at international level,Kane looks finished .Where’s the passion that other teams have shown.Can’t all be down to Southgate .Players at this level should take responsibility.

RE: England - bluetagagain - 20-06-2024

How can Gallagher be anywhere near an England shirt.Ditto Bowden and Eze. Kane is spent and Rice is having a mare. Why play 2 central/ defence midfielders when it’s not required. Also Southgate!! WTF, how can he get the Man City players to look like they’ve never seen a football? Plus Palmer not even coming of the bench. All that and a goal keeper with ADHD.
BORING BORING BORING.

RE: England - Tufnell_Chimes - 20-06-2024

You got to feel for Cole Palmer sitting there on the bench. He's probably thinking "I carried Chelsea for a season, given the chance, I can certainly get some life into this lot".

Is Southgate just hanging on hoping Luke Shaw gets fit?

RE: England - Rocketman - 20-06-2024

Who would replace Southgate? No English manager has won the top league for 33 years, and Harry was the last English manager to win the FA Cup.

RE: England - Tomsk - 20-06-2024

Southgate hasn't a clue... he got us to a semi final and a final.
Yes boring so far but I'll see how things go.

RE: England - Theyak2 - 20-06-2024

Unarguably should have got to the WC final against Croatia with those players and lost a final in which that England look tactically like this one.
Rubbish

RE: England - 66zoolane - 20-06-2024

(20-06-2024, 06:55 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Who would replace Southgate?

Not saying any of them would be interested, but Eddie Howe, Graham Potter or Brian Trousers.

RE: England - slayer - 20-06-2024

Spain show how it's done. Without Donnarumma that would have been a 6 nil murder

RE: England - Tufnell_Chimes - 20-06-2024

That Williams bloke looks a player…

RE: England - slayer - 20-06-2024

That he does. We, on the other hand tonight, lacked quality in the final three thirds

RE: England - Cliff Portwood gave me a lift - 20-06-2024

When Gareth becomes available to manage in the Premiership (ie: July) who might take him? And which group of supporters would be happy if they did?

RE: England - tl73 - 21-06-2024

(20-06-2024, 06:55 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Who would replace Southgate? No English manager has won the top league for 33 years, and Harry was the last English manager to win the FA Cup.

Jackett in?  Big Grin

RE: Euro 2024 Tournament - Jezzer - 21-06-2024

We are the worst coached team in the tournament, simple as that.  There are also a lot of players suddenly realising that their vastly inflated Premier League wage packet doesn't automatically turn then into a world beater.

RE: England - teeftwo - 21-06-2024

I am so glad I was at the London Stadium watching the Foo Fighters rather than at home watching that.

RE: England - TitchfieldBlue - 21-06-2024

Unfortunately the reality is Germany, France, Spain, Italy and Portugal all have better players than England. This has been the case for years. English players are overhyped.

I would argue Holland and Belgium have better players than England too.

RE: England - exgaffer - 21-06-2024

(20-06-2024, 08:59 PM)slayer Wrote: Spain show how it's done. Without Donnarumma that would have been a 6 nil murder

To be fair, Spain missed a lot of sitters, the keeoer did well of course.

As for England, ‘dull as ditchwater’ would seem to sum them up.

RE: England - Hammie - 21-06-2024

We tend to get carried away and say get the young genius into the team. We might improve if more of our players carry on getting contracts abroad. This team could still surprise though, as long as we get through the group stage which looks pretty certain, we have a chance. Is the manager brave enough to drop players to make a team rather than our best 11 players?

RE: Euro 2024 Tournament - Hammie - 21-06-2024

(21-06-2024, 07:02 AM)Jezzer Wrote: We are the worst coached team in the tournament, simple as that.  There are also a lot of players suddenly realising that their vastly inflated Premier League wage packet doesn't automatically turn then into a world beater.

Sums the prem up in one. Found out when playing in then Champions League. Unlike when we won Europe year in year out long before the prem was invented.

RE: Euro 2024 Tournament - bluetagagain - 21-06-2024

All this tippy tappy play out from the back bollix. Spain played it old school against Italy and there was more excitement and football played in 20 mins than the 2 England games combined. Viva España

RE: Euro 2024 Tournament - slayer - 21-06-2024

A live tournament is not the time for experiments.

Leggy performances like last night demonstrate a conditioning problem across the team.

That is rank bad management.

RE: England - mike hunt - 21-06-2024

As interesting as watching paint dry, quite frankly utter bollocks England

RE: England - slayer - 21-06-2024

All the gear and no idea, I blame the coaches not the players. The strategy and fitness is fucking awful.

RE: England - exgaffer - 21-06-2024

(21-06-2024, 11:54 AM)slayer Wrote: All the gear and no idea, I blame the coaches not the players. The strategy and fitness is fucking awful.

I agree, it’s purely down to team selection and tactics, we have very good players.

Take the shackles off ffs.