TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cowleys - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cowleys (/showthread.php?tid=1002)

Cowleys - stayinupforever - 18-09-2021

Well out of their depth. 
Jackett stood arms folded as if to say "I've done my talking in the dressing room".
Cowleys stand hand on chin as if to say " what the f**k should I be doing".
It was embarrassing.

RE: Cowleys - Bedhamptonblue69 - 18-09-2021

Think it’s plain to see that they are out of their depth . Nice guys , but the cheap option and it’s clear to see that this season is going to be a case of looking over our shoulders towards the bottom of the table

RE: Cowleys - PompeyDB - 18-09-2021

Sadly they are unsackable this season because we can't afford to pay them off. Probably. So no pressure on them to get results.

RE: Cowleys - ForeverPompey - 18-09-2021

It’s quite an achievement to get the Fratton End singing ‘it’s an embarrassment’ in only the 3rd home game.

RE: Cowleys - MiltonPFC - 18-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 07:53 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: It’s quite an achievement to get the Fratton End singing ‘it’s an embarrassment’ in only the 3rd home game.

That was indeed embarrassing.

The Cowley’s talking a great game of football like a pair of primary school PE teachers is wearing rather thin. Where’s the high press, pace and work rate they’ve continually talked up ???

The continual ‘work it down the left, then back to the CH, then work it down the right, then back again’ was predictable, slow and one dimensional… and easily defended by a team that conceded five goals in their last game !

Poor supply to our frontman, everything in the air …. Nothing down the middle or on the floor. 

Crapola

RE: Cowleys - Hammie - 18-09-2021

The wingers are key to us succeeding so if they are not firing....
Just wondering who is the understudy for Harness? At least previously we could bring in a hard worker even if the final ball was not always very good. As regards Curtis, clearly Jacobs is well out of favour and Reeko looked out of his depth at MK

RE: Cowleys - fullymentaljackett - 19-09-2021

(18-09-2021, 07:05 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Well out of their depth. 
Jackett stood arms folded as if to say "I've done my talking in the dressing room".
Cowleys stand hand on chin as if to say " what the f**k should I be doing".
It was embarrassing.

The owners are the problem, they are where the anger needs directing. Brick by brick needs foundations and we have none. Administration was a long time ago other clubs have bounced back immediately while some on here think we need to wallow in the wilderness forever. Its time to grow some and get the miseners out. We are going nowhere under them. Let's get some pride back.

RE: Cowleys - exgaffer - 19-09-2021

Calm down, calm down.

It wasn’t embarrassing, it just wasn’t very good.

The season has only just started so any talk of sacking, ‘out of their depth’ and the like is just hysterical tartery. Or just mischievous comments from dodgy user names of course.  Smile

RE: Cowleys - briefcase_wanchor - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 07:36 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Calm down, calm down.

The season has only just started so any talk of sacking, ‘out of their depth’ and the like is just hysterical tartery. Or just mischievous comments from dodgy user names of course.  Smile

I agree - but (maybe just me) when Danny uses the word "intensity" in any sense I grind my teeth.

RE: Cowleys - ForeverPompey - 19-09-2021

Been in charge for 15 games. Third of a season and it’s rubbish.

Agree about wingers. And there is no cover for Harness.

‘On the back of not having right and left foot balance we decided to go for a point of reference up top’. (Ref DC Sept 18, 2021) Discuss.

RE: Cowleys - Hammie - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 08:49 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: ‘On the back of not having right and left foot balance we decided to go for a point of reference up top’. (Ref DC Sept 18, 2021) Discuss.

Would that mean booting the ball long onto the head of a big lump? 
Jackett ball anyone?

It could well do!

RE: Cowleys - stayinupforever - 29-09-2021

So out of their depth they're drowning.

RE: Cowleys - Ain’t got a Danny - 29-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 08:49 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: ‘On the back of not having right and left foot balance we decided to go for a point of reference up top’. (Ref DC Sept 18, 2021) Discuss.

“ I mistook my arse for my elbow” ?

RE: Cowleys - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 07:36 AM)I’m exgaffer Wrote: Calm down, calm down.

I’m the same when he refers to the team as ‘the group’. I mean we’re not One Direction are we?!? Or maybe we are and it ain’t up

RE: Cowleys - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 02:45 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(19-09-2021, 07:36 AM)I’m exgaffer Wrote: Calm down, calm down.

I’m the same when he refers to the team as ‘the group’. I mean we’re not One Direction are we?!? Or maybe we are and it ain’t up
Sorry that was meant to be a reply to the post that mentioned not being happy about the Cowleys mentioning the word ‘intensity’

RE: Cowleys - slayer - 29-09-2021

Possibly guilty of being fundamentalists and not playing to the strengths of the team they have today rather than the team they want to finish next season with.

Methinks they are worried about being labelled long ball merchants if they do that - it is what they felt that they needed to do at Huddersfield and that reputation has followed them ever since.